Hip Hop Album Sales: Week Ending 01/02/07

Top 200 Album Sales (Top 5 Hip Hop/R&B)

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Artist[/td] [td]Album[/td] [td]This Week[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1
[/td] [td]Mary J Blige
[/td] [td]Growing Pains
[/td] [td]204,258
[/td] [td]835,436[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2
[/td] [td]Alicia Keys
[/td] [td]As I Am
[/td] [td]193,211
[/td] [td]2,543,224
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5
[/td] [td]Chris Brown
[/td] [td]Exclusive[/td] [td]86,700
[/td] [td]1,051,276
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14
[/td] [td]Lupe Fiasco
[/td] [td]The Cool
[/td] [td]54,398
[/td] [td]198,477
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17
[/td] [td]Jaheim
[/td] [td]Makings of a Man
[/td] [td]53,995
[/td] [td]230,328
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Other Notables…
[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Artist[/td] [td]Album[/td] [td]This Week[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21
[/td] [td]Soulja Boy
[/td] [td]Souljaboytellem.com[/td] [td]49,629[/td] [td]658,480[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26
[/td] [td]Jay-Z
[/td] [td]American Gangster[/td] [td]45,276
[/td] [td]887,335[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30
[/td] [td]Kanye West
[/td] [td]Graduation[/td] [td]43,366[/td] [td]1,891,918[/td] [/tr][tr][td]55
[/td] [td]Timbaland
[/td] [td]Shock Value
[/td] [td]26,148
[/td] [td]1,003,040[/td] [/tr][tr][td]77
[/td] [td]Wu-Tang Clan
[/td] [td]8 Diagrams
[/td] [td]19,798[/td] [td]120,981
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]21
[/td] [td]Soulja Boy
[/td] [td]Souljaboytellem.com[/td] [td]49,629[/td] [td]658,480[/td] [/tr][/table]
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Jay. This was the most EFFORTLESS platinum certification I haveseen in a long time. No attention, no promo, and you dont even be hearing him on the radio. Billboard has already certified the album as platinum, andit'll officially be at 1 Mil in just a couple weeks. Crazy.

And I love Mary
pimp.gif

Damn! good for Alicia I havent heard anybody affiliated with hip hop that makes good music goin double plat in a long time. Good for her damn I wanna smash

smokin.gif

Glad to see Timbo went platinum.

I still haven't heard Lupe a single time on a Philly radio station. It's a real shame.

how is the wu-tang album? i havent heard any of it but judging by those numbers its not so good... what did you guys think?

I'm still tryna find out how Jaheim did those numbers. I never even heard any of his singles

- WOW @ Mary's numbers that's crazy she should continue to drop her Album around Christmas time.
- I see Timbo finally went Plat
- Jaheim numbers are pretty good and I didn't hear %$!%, just saw the commercial once in a while.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Damn! good for Alicia I havent heard anybody affiliated with hip hop that makes good music goin double plat in a long time. Good for her damn I wanna smash

smokin.gif
roll.gif
that was hella random.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

- WOW @ Mary's numbers that's crazy she should continue to drop her Album around Christmas time.

Co-sign, it must be the older ladies buyin it, cuz I know chicks like my sis dont even like Mary J music like that anymore, album before this one too. Herolder stuff way better. They rather hear keyshia cole these days.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
@ Jay. This was the most EFFORTLESS platinum certification I have seen in a long time. No attention, no promo, and you dont even be hearing him on the radio. Billboard has already certified the album as platinum, and it'll officially be at 1 Mil in just a couple weeks. Crazy.

And I love Mary
pimp.gif

you kidding me? As president of Def Jam at the time he used all the marketing money on himself. This album got MAD promo. Why you think all these artistsare mad? they don't got no marketing budget.

Lupe's number are misleading..the low numbers are not an indication that the album is sub-par. I really think that people just aren't ready for him,brain washed by the normal hip hop we here daily. I.E. big cars, rims, money, etc. The album is great IMO. I hope he keeps making music.

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Lupe's number are misleading..the low numbers are not an indication that the album is sub-par. I really think that people just aren't ready for him, brain washed by the normal hip hop we here daily. I.E. big cars, rims, money, etc. The album is great IMO. I hope he keeps making music.

Co-sign. A artist like Lupe would never sell huge even though he deserves it in the state hip hop is in.

Lupe needs to get on that 2nd single ASAP. I really don't think the music world is ready for an artist like him [see Soulja Boy].

You guys need to stop it with this Lupe talk yall know he wasnt gonna sell great even if the album was a classic alth these sales are really low to me but mygague on hip hop sales is still in the 90s. We all know for any artist sales dont equal talent, yall woulda been better off expecting him not to sell n maybethen be surprised if he did.

smh.gif
@ yall cryin over Lupe sales when illmatic should be quadruple diamond.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

Lupe's number are misleading..the low numbers are not an indication that the album is sub-par. I really think that people just aren't ready for him, brain washed by the normal hip hop we here daily. I.E. big cars, rims, money, etc. The album is great IMO. I hope he keeps making music.

I agree with everything that was said.
pimp.gif

I must be the only dude who doesnt think Lupe's numbers are bad. 198,000 in two weeks for an Artist like Lupe in 2008 with only one single out and i'msure they will give him another video. Food abd Liquor only sold like 100,000 more than that with three singles, be patient. It would be a success if he wentgold.

Congrats to Timbo getting that plaque. Congrats to Chris Brown going plat already even though his new cd isn't good.

Back
Top Bottom