Hip Hop Album Sales: Week Ending 01/07/08

In a week without strong new release, R&B divas Alicia Keys, Mary J Blige and Keyshia Cole held the top of the charts with #2, #3 and #11 spots respectively while Lupe Fiasco continued to berap's runaway success story of early '08. The Chicago emcee held the #17 slot for the second week in a row, selling another 30,782 units (229,259overall) in his third week - despite limited radio exposure.

The coveted #1 spot went to longtime Hip Hop-approved rock outfit Radiohead with their In Rainbows selling122,323 units (131,165 overall), despite being considered a first-week sale. Below is a glimpse of the urban acts (excluding BlackEyed Peas' Pop princess Fergie).

Top 200 Album Sales (Top 5 Hip Hop/R&B)

[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Artist[/td] [td]Album[/td] [td]This Week[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2
[/td] [td]Alicia Keys
[/td] [td]As I Am
[/td] [td]112,444
[/td] [td]2,655,668[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3
[/td] [td]Mary J Blige
[/td] [td]Growing Pains
[/td] [td]89,084
[/td] [td]924,520
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6
[/td] [td]Chris Brown
[/td] [td]Exclusive[/td] [td]40,787
[/td] [td]1,092,063
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11
[/td] [td]Keyshia Cole
[/td] [td]Just Like You
[/td] [td]34,973
[/td] [td]975,657
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17
[/td] [td]Lupe Fiasco
[/td] [td]The Cool
[/td] [td]30,782
[/td] [td]229,259
[/td] [/tr][/table]
The notables held rank from last week, with Birdman moving ahead of Timbaland, despite a tenth ofoverall sales behind the recently platinum-certified Virginia super-producer. Jay-Z, though consistent on the charts despite radioand video decline, continues to push towards platinum as Kanye West likely readies another single from Graduationforecasting another surge in chart movement.
Other Notables…
[table][tr][td]Rank[/td] [td]Artist[/td] [td]Album[/td] [td]This Week[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21
[/td] [td]Soulja Boy
[/td] [td]Souljaboytellem.com[/td] [td]24,286[/td] [td]682,766[/td] [/tr][tr][td]26
[/td] [td]Jay-Z
[/td] [td]American Gangster[/td] [td]23,669
[/td] [td]911,004[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33
[/td] [td]Kanye West
[/td] [td]Graduation[/td] [td]22,667[/td] [td]1,914,585[/td] [/tr][tr][td]36
[/td] [td]Birdman
[/td] [td]5*Stunna
[/td] [td]21,459
[/td] [td]193,370[/td] [/tr][tr][td]83
[/td] [td]Wu-Tang Clan
[/td] [td]8 Diagrams
[/td] [td]11,267[/td] [td]132,248
[/td] [/tr][/table]
As March becomes the next pivotal release month, will Lil Wayne or another rapper deliver a sneak attack to warm the winter?Will Webbie and Dem Franchise Boyz prevail in ringtone rap, or will Saigon and Nas be Hip Hop saviors this warm winter?
from hiphopdx

Will Webbie and Dem Franchise Boyz prevail in ringtone rap
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

kanye west new single and video can i watch threw niketalk?when?Does anyone have lupe fiasco album download for mp3 need it for my psp sounds help heardflashing lights was comming out kanye west is that the video?

[table][tr][td]26
[/td] [td]Jay-Z
[/td] [td]American Gangster[/td] [td]23,669
[/td] [td]911,004[/td] [/tr][/table]
Maybe 'I Know' will push this.

Who knows..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

smh.gif
Lupes numbers arent much better than his first albums

his numbers are movin solidly tho, he just needs to drop a single (hi-definition, paris, tokyo) nd he should be seein gold

Jay, Kanye, and especially Lupe need to put out new singles. I hope we see vids for 'I Know', 'Hi- Definition', and 'I Wonder' (butit's prolly gonna be Flashing Lights')

Are ya'll serious!? Hi-Definition is the WORST song on The Cool, he cant make a video for that garbage song. It has to be "Hip Hop Saved My Life"or "Paris, Tokyo" next, THAT'S IT. Do you really think Hi-Definition would be the next best single? You're@@%+@%! smoking.

[table][tr][td]6
[/td] [td]Chris Brown
[/td] [td]Exclusive[/td] [td]40,787
[/td] [td]1,092,063[/td] [/tr][/table]
i remember dudes saying he was gone flop cause his singles was popping....he did his thang again.

[table][tr][td]21
[/td] [td]Soulja Boy
[/td] [td]Souljaboytellem.com[/td] [td]24,286[/td] [td]682,766[/td] [/tr][/table]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
next week should be 700k.... i need to go ahead and cop this!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Uncle Ice

Are ya'll serious!? Hi-Definition is the WORST song on The Cool, he cant make a video for that garbage song. It has to be "Hip Hop Saved My Life" or "Paris, Tokyo" next, THAT'S IT. Do you really think Hi-Definition would be the next best single? You're@@%+@%! smoking.

I think Hi- Definition is dope, either that or Paris, Tokyo should be tha next single. Its prolly gonna be Paris, Tokyo because I think I remeber him sayinthat it's gonna be next. I like Hip-Hop Saved My Life but not for a single

Originally Posted by Uncle Ice

Are ya'll serious!? Hi-Definition is the WORST song on The Cool, he cant make a video for that garbage song. It has to be "Hip Hop Saved My Life" or "Paris, Tokyo" next, THAT'S IT. Do you really think Hi-Definition would be the next best single? You're@@%+@%! smoking.

Personally I loved Hi-Definition its a track that will get him the radio/tv airplay he hasn't been receiving.

Yo! "Hi-Definition" and "Superstar" are the only tracks I skip on the album, I listen to the intro before hi-definition. I don'tpersonally know anyone who likes that song. Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinions. But I think Lupe's asking to fail with that as the nextsingle. And I love superstar I just played it out.

Back
Top Bottom