Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Don't think you can get a better result than what we had yesterday :lol: :lol: they flat out made the Blazers look silly in the second half. One play that summed up the whole game was Hood and Dame doubling Lillard, and Harden spins around and hits a 3....while somehow Dame and Hood managed to be covering House :rofl: that was so confusing. Capela, Harden, and Russ all did their thing, and I'm glad Capela is coming around. Hope he stays as active as he's been. Pretty much everybody is adding something even if it isn't scoring. Hartenstein grabbing boards, and Clemons/Mclemore being very active on defense is very welcome and much needed. It's more than likely a good thing Melo is playing vs the Pels today, cause he would've gotten pummeled vs the Rockets.

Seems like Denver simply had a good gameplan tonight, and that coincides with the bench doing absolutely nothing. Was basically a two man show. Crazy, Harden has an efficient "below average" game, and happens to not get the support to pull out the win. 10 points is pretty much nothing in today's game, so it sucks they weren't able to get more from the bench. Capela was still a monster on the boards, which is a good sign.

Some interesting +/- here
roxnug.JPG

Guys just have to shake that game off and get ready for the Clippers next. Gonna be a tough stretch of games coming up. Clips in LA, then home for the Mavs, Heat, and fiery scrappy Hawks team. Can't come in half stepping vs any one of those teams.

Last edited:
Not good that house is out since rockets are small as hell and he is the only high % 3pt shooter besides harden so far.

Gonna be interesting how this turns out. They’re really gonna need to click on all cylinders even with guys out so the game doesn’t get away from them. The bench will have to come up big on top of Westbrook and Harden leading.

Let this game get away. Them getting hosed on a smattering of foul calls in under a minute aside, little things they didn’t do costed them the game. As much as we wanted Harden to shoot less a few games ago, due to House and EG being out, he should have taken a lot of the shots down the stretch. That Russ 3 was really a killer. He’s done well at not jacking up 3s, but unfortunately he flipped back to that at the wrong time. I wouldn’t complain if he had actually gathered himself to do it, but he rushed the shot like he had 1 second left when he had 7. Either that, or he should’ve drove to the basket with an option to kick. Also, guys simply needed to do more earlier in the game. PJ and Rivers were ghost til the late in the 3rd. Very winnable game despite little things not going there way. Also, not sure how Doc didn’t get called for anything when he was so far on the court you would’ve that he was a player. It’s like the refs ignored him calling a TO. Another thing, Capela had 17 and 19, and a 19 & 19 would’ve been very beneficial. Russ gave him the ball in an easy spot to go up and dunk, but of course he fumbles it and goes up softly as a ***** and gets swatted. That garbage makes me sick.

Best play of the game

At 11-5 right now, gotta win these next two and break out of that pack. Won’t be easy vs the Mavs/Heat, but those games are needed no matter who is on the floor.

not to over simplify it but I agree with this tweet. Still plenty to tighten up but I like how we rolling and once everyone is healthy the rockets will be fine

Have to go 2-1 but I want all 3 home games

Missed the entire game cause I was at work, but after I scrolled my TL earlier and looked up boxscores/stats, I couldn't help but be absolutely furious. With that loss, we're back in the pack with 6 losses and the 6th seed. The bench production was embarrassing and abysmal. 7 guys were outscored by Maxi ****ing Kleber. That dude is a bum, and of course we let him shine. 7 guys totaled 11 points. And looking at the box score again, MDA didn't learn a damn thing from the Spurs series. He set there and rode the starters like some horses and got not the slightest production from the bench, including Tyson, Thabo, Hartenstein, Clemons, and Clark all playing less than 3 minutes. Steve Kerr since GSW's rise has done an excellent just of sprinkling in back end roster guys throughout the season getting production so when they're called on to jump into the game, they're ready and not a fish out of water. MDA is an absolute failure at that, and there's a reason he doesn't have an extension. As much as I loathe Fertitta, that decision is the only one I'm behind him on. MDA is a cancer to this team.

Also, I can't really get bent out of shape much at Harden missing 13 3s (thank god Russ only took 5), cause based on out things were going, he was the only one having a realistic chance to even make the shots. This teams philosophy needs to change. Bad time to slump regardless of the injuries. They took 3 straight Ls to playoff teams, and that needs to immediately get fixed.

Harden was 9/9 from 2. Didn’t watch, but wish he would have just done more of that if the 3 wasn’t falling.

Harden was 9/9 from 2. Didn’t watch, but wish he would have just done more of that if the 3 wasn’t falling.

He was 2/15 from 3. That is awful, especially with Westbrook only shooting 5 3s (made 2)

I jokingly mentioned a few days ago we may have the least productive bench in the league. Little did I know, it was true

McLemore has talent, but he's quickly going to lose his minutes to Clemons. He's just not hitting enough shots to keep him in there, and his defense isn't particularly great either. You'll live with the downside of Clemons' defense if it comes with made shots on offense.

EG coming back will be a much needed boost to our bench. I still think we need another lengthy defender like Thabo to come in and just provide 15-20 minutes here and there.

Back
Top Bottom