Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

The type of defense that was played on Harden was hilarious, cause it allowed Harden to conserve energy in a way, and came back and bit Toronto in the end. Guys were hitting their shots, and PJ/Mclemore were pretty outstanding. Capela was on a roll once again which was great to see. Hated Westbrook’s turnovers, but he was clutch with assists. I still wonder when exactly is his hand going to get right. There’s no way he should be missing some of those layups. Harden locking up Siakim in the post often will be an overlooked key to the game, overlooked cause it’s Harden and people still follow old narratives. Good win, and I told people the other day I expected it cause these are the types of wins get after really bad losses.

Lowry needed to have some damn dignity last night. This is all he did. He was on the ground and snapping back more than a stripper.

Heard on the radio 97.5 today, the Rockets are exploring getting rid of House. With McLemore stepping up his game they said House will most likely be the odd man out. Those guys 97.5 are clowns sometimes, and were ecstatic about the prospect of trading Gordon for DeRozen (who's a worse shooter than Westbrook) I think if Morey did that it would be a disaster. DeRozen doesn't even take a 1 three a game. Only silver lining is hes gone after the season, and we can maybe have some cap space. Plus hes good friends with Harden.

Heard on the radio 97.5 today, the Rockets are exploring getting rid of House. With McLemore stepping up his game they said House will most likely be the odd man out. Those guys 97.5 are clowns sometimes, and were ecstatic about the prospect of trading Gordon for DeRozen (who's a worse shooter than Westbrook) I think if Morey did that it would be a disaster. DeRozen doesn't even take a 1 three a game. Only silver lining is hes gone after the season, and we can maybe have some cap space. Plus hes good friends with Harden.

Don’t sign me up for any of this :lol: they need bench depth

who said this?

I like attacking and distributing Russ. He needs to keep the shooting to a minimum. Also his touch around the rim has been downright terrible, but it’s still early in season

Harden didn’t shoot well but had 17 in the 4th
Perfect game from Westbrook, this is what he brings to the table
Thabo’s minutes should go to Gary Clark and PJ shouldn’t be playing 39 minutes in a game like this

Watched a portion of the game at the Baybrook Dave & Busters and that’s definitely the Russ we need to consistently see. Harden’s 3s though...my goodness I wish he would stop that mess. Will watch the game in full after the Texans later tomorrow night.

McLemore is finally playing to his potential ( for now), hope he keeps it up, and hope we dont cut him for luxury tax reasons. Hes been a nice replacement for GG since hes been hurt.

Been hearing rumors of a Kevin Love trade or that the Rockets have major interest. Wonder what we'd be giving up if so. I doubt theres any substance to it just found it interesting. Hes d us pretty bad but he'd be a nice stretch 4 for us if we could get him.

MDA didn’t make the Rockets miss 3s nor not contest the hottest 3pt shooter on the last play, but he didn’t do anything else either. If you want Bill O’Brien fired from the Texans, you better feel the same way about MDA. He is absolutely worthless and very there’s no defending him. Injuries, sickness or not, you don’t lose to the Kings at home. This moron at the nerve to say the Rockets didn’t show effort nor energy consistently throughout the game, meanwhile 7 guys played and a speck of Clemons. The Kings are a scrappy team obviously, but this was one of those guys where you could have literally played every guy available. This was a bad loss to a bad team, regardless if they had previously beaten the Mavericks. Tilman was loud as **** over a tweet for his bottom line, but he sure is quiet about what’s actually going on the court too frequently. Maybe MDA should spill a couple Laundry’s po-boys on the court and get his attention.

MDA didn’t make the Rockets miss 3s nor not contest the hottest 3pt shooter on the last play, but he didn’t do anything else either. If you want Bill O’Brien fired from the Texans, you better feel the same way about MDA. He is absolutely worthless and very there’s no defending him. Injuries, sickness or not, you don’t lose to the Kings at home. This moron at the nerve to say the Rockets didn’t show effort nor energy consistently throughout the game, meanwhile 7 guys played and a speck of Clemons. The Kings are a scrappy team obviously, but this was one of those guys where you could have literally played every guy available. This was a bad loss to a bad team, regardless if they had previously beaten the Mavericks. Tilman was loud as **** over a tweet for his bottom line, but he sure is quiet about what’s actually going on the court too frequently. Maybe MDA should spill a couple Laundry’s po-boys on the court and get his attention.

such lazy analysis. the kings played 7 guys too, unless you count yogi ferrell's measly 11 minutes. and at least yogi is an established nba player. clemons is not.

chandler and rivers had the flu. the only other players are Hartenstein and Sefolosha. This game was lost because James was bad and lazy. Shot poorly, forced passes, and was careless with his handle. we turned it over 19 times, 14 of them between russ and harden. y'all gotta stop just blanketly blaming the coach when the players play poorly.

results? we're 2 games back of the 2 seed with EG being injured then needing surgery, house, capela, chandler, and thabo being in and out of the lineup because of illness and rest issues, and westbrook adjusting to a new team and role. despite that, we have the #3 offense in the league. We're middle of the pack on defense like we were most of the year last year, and then we were a top 10 defense after the all star break. relax and enjoy the season.

i don’t really blame MDA for losses all the time I just think his role is pointless and he needs to go. He literally offers 0 insight but “play with more energy” & “Keep shooting”. Can’t remember last time I watched a game and was like damn that was some good coaching. He’s taking up space and everyone pretty much knows it’s a very high chance he won’t be back next year. Should’ve just fired him in the offseason and be done with it.

i don’t really blame MDA for losses all the time I just think his role is pointless and he needs to go. He literally offers 0 insight but “play with more energy” & “Keep shooting”. Can’t remember last time I watched a game and was like damn that was some good coaching. He’s taking up space and everyone pretty much knows it’s a very high chance he won’t be back next year. Should’ve just fired him in the offseason and be done with it.

this is one of my pet peeves. you think this is all he tells the team? coaches give non answers to media. it's always been that way. we have a top 3 offense. How does MDA not get some credit for that?

Read something on the ringer that Rockets are really interested in RoCo. Need Iggy or him on the team to help the wings

this is one of my pet peeves. you think this is all he tells the team? coaches give non answers to media. it's always been that way. we have a top 3 offense. How does MDA not get some credit for that?
He’s an offensive genius no doubt, but I believe we would be good offensively regardless because James harden is the best offensive player in the world. What about the other aspects of the game?

such lazy analysis. the kings played 7 guys too, unless you count yogi ferrell's measly 11 minutes. and at least yogi is an established nba player. clemons is not.

chandler and rivers had the flu. the only other players are Hartenstein and Sefolosha. This game was lost because James was bad and lazy. Shot poorly, forced passes, and was careless with his handle. we turned it over 19 times, 14 of them between russ and harden. y'all gotta stop just blanketly blaming the coach when the players play poorly.

results? we're 2 games back of the 2 seed with EG being injured then needing surgery, house, capela, chandler, and thabo being in and out of the lineup because of illness and rest issues, and westbrook adjusting to a new team and role. despite that, we have the #3 offense in the league. We're middle of the pack on defense like we were most of the year last year, and then we were a top 10 defense after the all star break. relax and enjoy the season.

You overlooked the part where I said the Kings are a scrappy young team, and the fact that they are still the KINGS with players missing themselves. That is NOT a team you lose to, especially one coming off a previous game where the guy that beat you had the same buzzer beater the previous night. You’ve given MDA way too many passes and I’m just not trying to hear THAT lazy analysis. We all know Harden obviously should’ve played better, and looked reckless out there, but when your team shows up seemingly unprepared from tip-off against a bad team, that falls on coaching, and we’ve seen this time after time trend with both the Rockets and Texans.

He’s an offensive genius no doubt, but I believe we would be good offensively regardless because James harden is the best offensive player in the world. What about the other aspects of the game?

This. Another case of them winning due to talent despite the coach. They have two MVPs on the team. They’re floor is basically a 5th seed and would be even if Joey Dorsey was the coach. “They’ll figure it out” shouldn’t be a coach’s best advice.

Late in the second quarter right now and this game has been pretty raggedy. Harden is doing his thing, and Russ is trying to make plays, but there’s just a lot of sloppiness, which sucks since the Cavs are trash. Just basket trading and watching defenders get loose balls. I can see Clark’s hustle out there which is good.

We need guys back healthy badly. MDA would probably play 8 guys even if people weren’t sick, but it would be nice to have the option of having a full lineup for once. These games really put into perspective how important some guys can be when you don’t see them in the lineup.

Back
Top Bottom