Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

that meaningless game against the lakers though...

Dislocated shoulders never get right, my uncle had that problem...and 15 years later he still has problems with it. I hate to be a downer, it's just the truth. It's kinda like rolling an ankle bad your always worried its gonna happen again, and trying to overcompensate.

Houston's most balanced optimal lineup (offense and defense) is Harden, Paul, Capela, Tucker and Green. Coach Mike should leave these five guys on the court together as much possible, barring foul trouble, especially during the final stretch in the 4th. Would love to see the +/- production throughout the season when that lineup is on the court.

Green just flat out needs more minutes!

Houston's most balanced optimal lineup (offense and defense) is Harden, Paul, Capela, Tucker and Green. Coach Mike should leave these five guys on the court together as much possible, barring foul trouble, especially during the final stretch in the 4th. Would love to see the +/- production throughout the season when that lineup is on the court.

Did Green do something to be put in the doghouse? The last month or so, his PT has dropped dramatically. Hes such a spark plug that we need, and kind of of our current Junk Yard Dog that we desperately need.

Ariza's foul trouble really messed up the rotations, only made worse by Luc and PJ's offensive ineffectiveness. May want to even dust Joe Johnson off for a couple minutes. If David West can get on the court, so can Joe :lol:. Luc, PJ, Ariza, and Ryno all just need to be generally far more useful than they were last game.

everyone brought it tonight... great win. steal one on the road.

real talk where our guy @hardens beard at

The Warriors are obviously better than the Jazz, but I need the Rockets to be selfish and take both in Oakland just like in Utah. They have every reason to do it. Maybe road Ryno can make an appearance or something :lol:

Everybody did bring it tonight. That defensive intensity was there from the start, and the game could've been an even wider margin had Luc and Capela not blown layups. Being able to force every GSW player not named KD into bad shots was great, and that needs to be carried over into Oakland. **** is gonna be hostile, but they've played in those types of environments plenty of times.

The Warriors are obviously better than the Jazz, but I need the Rockets to be selfish and take both in Oakland just like in Utah. They have every reason to do it. Maybe road Ryno can make an appearance or something :lol:

Everybody did bring it tonight. That defensive intensity was there from the start, and the game could've been an even wider margin had Luc and Capela not blown layups. Being able to force every GSW player not named KD into bad shots was great, and that needs to be carried over into Oakland. **** is gonna be hostile, but they've played in those types of environments plenty of times.

Yeah they gotta treat game 3 like they did tonight. Desperation. Don’t wait until a game 3 loss (if it happens). You could argue we’re better on the road too, but GS is also better at home. I got faith in our guys though. 4 days rest for harden so I’m sure he’s going off. He can make up for some regression of our role players that most likely will happen. But the key as always is our defensive effort. KD can get his on ISO’s and contested shots if it means we clamp Klay and Steph like we have.

Really hope cp3 injury not that serious. He was limping at the end.

ROXSCORE.PNG

Knew D'Antoni would adjust better tonight curious to see how Kerr adjusts now, now we gotta be greedy and steal 2 in GS. I'd settle for one, if we manage 2, this series might be over. Hell of a game by my Rockets! They brought it tonight. Gotta bet with my GS fan ftiend that if we lose the series I gotta cut cupcake in my head, and if it we win hes gotta ZaZa is the Goat any ideas? For his ZaZa cut?

Based on reading my TL, I figured the Rockets were done by 30, but it sounds like they have a lot of self inflicted stuff, along with playing the refs. An 11 point deficit doesn’t sound all that bad, but they need to immediately start cutting into it after the half

Only saw the second half, but that was a beating. The irritating thing about this game was mostly that the Rockets beat themselves. The Warriors did nothing outstanding, but the Rockets helped the Warriors out by blowing so many layups, not boxing out, and the general ineffectiveness of the supporting cast. Just compare the last two games.

E3E01125-3654-4BD6-BBA6-D2A0C45C4AAF.png

68EAEDD1-2984-440B-BE0B-D59A4E7CD085.png

We all know at Oracle you’re playing both the Warriors and refs (who missed an ungodly amount of calls but that’s not the big reason they lost). Rockets could have overcame both GSW and refs had they played the high level of defense they did the other night, leading them to good offense. Bad defense tonight led them to stagnant offense again. Time for them to regroup get back to what they’re capable of next game. Need a split badly.

The Warriors won Game 3 by 41 points: - Largest win in Warriors postseason history - Largest loss in Rockets postseason history - Largest loss in NBA postseason history by team that won 65+ games during the regular season

We better come out and prove our worth next game... that's a sad stat to own.

I felt like the officiating early on frustrated us and let it take them out of the game mentally. They started short arming easy layups and missing a bunch of easy shots. Also got real careless with the ball and had an ungodly number of stupid turnovers. We have to be mentally stronger than that.

Also, it seemed like they stopped attacking Steph completely on defense and that eventually let him go off on offense in the third.

Definitely a winnable game. We're still not playing 100% every night. Both semi-promising and unfathomable at the same time :lol:

I'm mad we went away from that slip screen PnR on Curry that we started the game off with. Did I miss what adjustment GS made to it? It seems like we simply went away from it, but the play was literally unstoppable with the right personnel and timing.

I'm not exactly concerned about Curry going off, he did it after we'd mostly given up anyway. That shot he hit on JH was the only concerning shot, b/c JH actually played pretty good D on that play. If THAT Curry is playing for 4 quarters, watch out.

I think it'll just come down to us playing 100% tbh. Seems so simple, lol

All those missed layups including cp’s easy wide open one just showed how we weren’t there mentally. Luc tried to go to the hole more aggressively, but got stuffed which was also deflating. He did hit a 3 at the end though so hopefully that’s good for his psyche.

Back
Top Bottom