Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

That game was so annoying the other night. The "MVP Showdown" between Giannis and Harden basically turned into the Eric Bledsoe and Pat Connaughton show. I'm fine if you get beat by stars, it is what it is. But when you allow 14 points from a guy named Connaughton, that's inexcusable. Harden and Giannis had fairly pedestrian games, and just so happens, the Rockets supporting cast didn't do much. The standings are getting dicey right now. Rockets and #4 matched up against Utah, which I'm perfectly fine with. Though matchups are more important than seeding, you still don't want to start falling. A statement win vs Denver tonight sure would be nice.

That was a thorough *** whooping last night :lol: it was dicey early in the first, but that’s about it. They practically had their way with the Nuggets all night. Really needed that win after that weak effort vs the Bucks. That was another reason that even though the Rockets lost to them earlier, I’m not concerned at all about the Nuggets in the playoffs.

AT&T was really trash for having me search for a garbage stream just to watch the game just cause they had the Astros on 2 different channels. Then when I was able to watch some of the game, the Kings announcers were insufferable cause they were getting their asses kicked so bad :rofl: :rofl: They were so subdued as the Rockets were bombing 3s.

As far as tonight, would like a pretty decisive victory since Lou Will has been acting like a disgruntled peon for awhile, as if didn't go ghost 4 of the 6 games in that Spurs series.

Yeah I had to find a stream on Reddit :lol:
0-2 vs the clippers this season so I want a win
Harden been going brazy on B2B games this year so we’ll see

Excellent thoroughly dominating win that was needed from a mental standpoint. Lou Will talked all that **** and was pretty much a non-factor, and Harrell seemed to get most of his points when it didn't matter. One possession I found hilarious was Nene basically tossing Harrell to the ground, and Harrell knew not to get up acting a foul :lol: he just politely got off the ground and kept it moving. Sucks that basically all the other West teams won, but after as *** whooping like last night, I'm not all that concerned about potentially facing the Clippers in the playoffs. Still would like to win out and get the highest seeding possible, though I'm somewhat sketchy about an OKC series.

Knicks, Suns, and @ OKC left.

Man the Knicks are soooooo bad :lol: :lol: I didn't even mind most of the starters going back into the locker room to get an early start on their routine. Very cool [for once] seeing the latter part of the roster getting an extended look. Green and Shumpert were both shaking off rust for various reason.

We may not know who we're facing in the playoffs til the final game :lol: We have the Suns and @ OKC. Blazers/Nuggets play each other again. Clippers play the Warriors, and OKC also plays the Bucks, who as of right now, seem to be resting Giannis. Really looking forward to how things settle.

I really dig the backend of the roster getting a lot of PT. The Suns stink, but I couldn't figure out if they're worse than the Knicks or not despite the record.

If we can beat okc and the jazz can beat the nuggets at home, we end up with the 2 seed.

If we can beat okc and the jazz can beat the nuggets at home, we end up with the 2 seed.

Jazz did their job, we didn’t. I know people will roll with that lame “playoff Harden” stuff, and he obviously shouldn’t have missed that free throw, but it was EG that actually shot them out the game. Harden was getting doubled a lot late and EG was just launching bricks like crazy. Also, I’m cool with them experimenting with the lineup the past few weeks, but I’m sure Faried would’ve helped with the rebounding late, as we got killed 18-9 or something like that. Also, Rivers should’ve been in the game in some of EG’s spots. Rivers takes less risks offensively than him. Hell, I think even Shumpert should’ve been put in during spots, but I guess since Green was hot at points, it was ok. Another thing I’m thinking, maybe they didn’t want to show their hand with the lineup, cause there’s a chance they face OKC? That’s really the only thing I can think of, cause it was weird not seeing Shump and Faried, and minimal Rivers. Oh well. #2 is probably out of the question unless some miracles happen. Best case scenario is either those miracles do happen, or the seeding shakes out to Houston/Utah in the first. But, if OKC loses to the Bucks tonight, then **** is all types of chaotic. I don’t remember the last time we lost a game to close the season, so it does feel different :lol:

Can’t be on the court that long without doing anything
1CDBB605-BCCC-4BAD-9ED1-FE97B524BEDB.jpeg

well we had the game won tbh. some fluke **** and not closing cost us.

we still get the 2 seed if the twolves beat the nuggets, but i'm not optimistic anymore. actually, just checked and looks like we can even fall all the way to 4th if the blazers tie us maybe. oh well. whatever happens happens, but i actually wanted to avoid the jazz in the first round as they've been hot lately.

potentially 2nd to falling to 4th is going to be damaging to harden's mvp chances though. that missed ft is going to end up being huge.

Well thats part of our iso heavy system they stand around a lot hard to fill up the stat sheet

Don’t care about playing the Jazz. Hot streak aside, Rockets would 4-1 them in a scrappy series and move on. That’s the matchup I prefer. That’s why idk why some of this fanbase was rooting for the Lakers when a Laker win would’ve pretty much firmly cemented a Hou/OKC series.

OKC losing to the Bucks would change every scenario, but here’s where everything stands:
36691374-0FCB-44C4-957B-097E0A82FF8D.jpeg

Also, just call this #VintageRockets

Missed the whole 4th quarter with bubble guts:smh: Can somebody explain to me how we lost that game?

Looking at the box score why did Tuck play only 30 minutes when PG played 42? You would think you would want your best perimeter defender to shadow the minutes of their best player.

Back
Top Bottom