Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

Business taken care of. Time to go up to Utah and sweep the racism out of them. Realistically, I'm giving Utah game 4, but honestly, the Rockets need to do everything they can to take both of those games and end this series.

As far as tonight's game, I'm loving the rest the guys are getting. 33 minutes for Harden and PJ and even less for everybody else. Only negative I'll harp on is they were out-rebounded offensively and had a ton of turnovers. Can't have that up in Utah, they'll definitely try to take advantage of it. That's a tough crowd, but the Rockets more than well can take both games.

RoxUtah.JPG

Handled business again :pimp:

Harden and EGo both missed highlight plays when they missed after making their defenders fall :lol:

Defense and focus will need to be much better in MAGA Lake City. Gotta get at least one, preferably two.

Gotta wait 2 more days and it's a 9:30 game. NBA killing us man.

14 left. If Tuck and Gordon keep shooting like this...

:smokin :smokin Jazz had everything possible going their way and still lost. 11 blocks, Harden shooting bad, and multiple guys contributing, and the Jazz still lost. Couldn’t have happened to a better team. Time to close them out and move on

Last edited:
Harden growing up. He was god awful and pretty passive and shook for 3 quarters but ended up with 14 pts and 3 assists on 3-6 shooting in the 4th. Two big time 3's in the clutch. I don't think he was that good defensively because of the foul trouble but he ended up with 6 steals. Harden of years past probably goes AWOL after starting 0-15 but he did little things to contribute. Gonna say this game was an outlier of what's to come.

Gordon had a big 3 late in the 4th and 6'6 PJ Tucker got 2 game winning rebounds over the 7 foot C who cried about an all-star snub :pimp:

One more to get those bums outta here. Sweep the leg :pimp:

Big shoutout to Gerald too. He had back to back 3's when Harden was getting trapped/trying to get the switch on Korver. They were big time responses when the Jazz seemingly increased their lead to gain momentum (though obviously, not by much)

I originally had us in 5 but with the potential sweep looming, we need to close them out tomorrow. Utah's not gonna lay down so our guys need to be focused from the get-go. None of that game 3 BS; hard to imagine us getting away with that two games in a row. Win, and get out of there healthy and rested for the real test.

Another 9:30 start time smh. NBA really should've moved these games an hour up

I originally had us in 5 but with the potential sweep looming, we need to close them out tomorrow. Utah's not gonna lay down so our guys need to be focused from the get-go. None of that game 3 BS; hard to imagine us getting away with that two games in a row. Win, and get out of there healthy and rested for the real test.

Another 9:30 start time smh. NBA really should've moved these games an hour up

Facts. Utah will play hard tomorrow, seasons on the line. As long as Harden doesnt go 0-15 again and we dont constantly get our smaller guys switched on Gobert and Favors down low it should be a W.

^though y’alls take is highly plausible and more than likely what happens, I could also see the Jazz being blown off the floor :lol: outside of the 3+ minutes when they went cold, they had everything going for them and still managed to lose. Don’t be surprised

^though y’alls take is highly plausible and more than likely what happens, I could also see the Jazz being blown off the floor :lol: outside of the 3+ minutes when they went cold, they had everything going for them and still managed to lose. Don’t be surprised
Could definitely happen. I'm just reminiscent of last year's game 5 not being a cakewalk. CP had to drop 41 and 10 :lol:

Would love it if we just blitzed them early

We overcame Ken Mauer in game 3, but the NBA just threw us Tony Brothers for game 4. They can't get more obvious than this :lol:

All but guarantees we're getting Scott Foster once in the first 3 games of next round too.

Super frustrating game. CP3 and Tuck only ones that showed heart from the get-go. No one else got the memo that the Jazz weren't going to lay down.

Let that one slip. Had the lead going into the 4th and just collapsed and settled.

Clint and the bench were big garbage. A lot of pressure to close out in game 5 now, can't let the series extend past then. Already lost that rest advantage we were supposed to have.

Well guess y’all were right :lol: just finish up Wednesday as we know the Warriors will be finishing up their series. What amounted to a career game from Crowder in front of the home crowd put this away. A lot of heart shown by him. Hopefully the Rockets just eviscerate them the next game, especially Mitchell and O’Neale. The amount of **** talking and gesturing those two were doing, man please.

sheesh capela and the whole bench were awful. house played terrible too. we should be fine wednesday though. some career nights from crowder and rubio it felt like and they still didn't really pull away until late in the fourth. doubt they bring that same intensity on the road.

sheesh capela and the whole bench were awful. house played terrible too. we should be fine wednesday though. some career nights from crowder and rubio it felt like and they still didn't really pull away until late in the fourth. doubt they bring that same intensity on the road.

That game was headed towards being just like game 3, except Harden was doing his scoring. Just unfortunate that Crowder and Rubio carries the Jazz while 5 Rockets players did nothing all at the same time
C023B791-B9F9-4C2A-994B-298C05F93C78.jpeg

Nene and maybe even Isaiah should’ve seen some minutes last night in order to provide relief for Capela. There’s a chance he shouldn’t have been playing at all.

And there we have it, the exciting scrappy 5 game series like I mentioned at the start. Props to the Jazz though for making defensive adjustments and making it tough later in the series. The Rockets needed that little scare heading into the next series with Golden State. Really glad Nene was able to get in there, muck it up and be productive in just 9 minutes. That's all I ask for from bench guys when they come in, just be a positive on the court in some way. The turnovers were pretty awful, and the main thing that kept Utah in the game, but the amount of blocks and steals, cot damn. Replicate that against the Warriors, and we'll really have something going there.

it was shaky, but glad we got it done. also happy the clippers stole another one in GS. if they can pull off another win friday night at home then it'd be awesome to make the warriors go to 7 and wear them down a little more. also, assuming the warriors would win friday, that means that game one would probably be sunday night during game of thrones and that's not ideal.

nvm...looks like if the warriors close in 6 then we'd play them sunday at 3:30pm eastern time.

Back
Top Bottom