Houston Rockets Thread '19 Preseason - The Tweet Seen Around The World

IMG_20190120_013235.jpg

We're witnessing some legendary **** here fellas.

Harden joined Chamberlain as the only players in NBA history to record back-to-back 55-point games.

Harden now has 13 50-point games in his career, passing LeBron James for the most among active players. Harden stands alone in sixth on the NBA's all-time list behind Barry, Baylor, Bryant, Jordan and Chamberlain. He is the fourth player in NBA history with multiple streaks of 50-point games in his career, along with Chamberlain, Baylor and Bryant.

Not to be lost among the 50-point milestones is the fact that Harden has scored at least 30 points in 18 consecutive games. That extends his record for the longest such streak since the merger and is the longest overall since Chamberlain had a 20-game streak in 1964. Harden has combined to score and assist on at least 50 points in each of those games, the longest such streak in NBA history, according to Elias.

They may still win this game, but my goodness, at this rate, Trier and Mitchell (a 9ppg and 4ppg pairing) will have career highs.

I had tweeted that Harden would need 70 vs the Knicks just to win by two, and I was pretty close :lol: :lol: I hate that due to the inconsistency with everyone not named Harden, he's having to go to the ends of the earth for wins. It's like he's playing multiple games like his 60 point triple double vs the Magic last year. But glad they got the win, even though PJ Tucker tried his damnest to give the game away. Some god awful decisions by him the closing moments of the game. They were able to click up defensively in the 3rd, which is pretty much what put them back in the game. Harden doing the heavy lifting, EG's 3s and timely defense, play Ennis even having a good stretch over the course of the game is what evened everything out. Faried made some nice contributions too. When Capela gets back, he's gonna do wonders. He's pretty much showing so far that his decline in stats isn't due to ability, but simply not being on the floor. I'm dreading this Raptors game with the way our current roster is, but oh well, I've been surprised before by this team, so it's whatever.

Wasn't really expecting this game at all. I figured they'd give a valiant effort, but simply not having enough bodies would do them in against a team like the Raptors. Glad I was wrong :lol: The Rockets pretty much dominated from the start, all the way to a hiccup in the 3rd, extended the lead, then made it hilariously close at the end :lol: :lol: Loved the effort from all the guys tonight. Didn't take a Harden superhuman effort, as the supporting cast all brought something. Shout out to the Faried pickup. He's exactly the type of player we needed at that spot. This team will be pretty deep once Paul and Capela get back, and ideally House re-signed.

Just think if Lowry's 3 had counted :lol: SMH

CP3 was rusty but his defense was amazing in that 4th.

Harden doin Harden things... offensively and defensively.

but an underrated part of that comeback was Gordon's post defense on Vooch in the 4Q. Dude could not be moved. #ThiccBoyz

Dx9tXN3UwAIHOOF.jpg

:pimp:

Harden gets too many questionable calls from the officals and he only has 3 moves in his arsenal, he does them well but he's clearly at an advantage when no one is allowed to breathe on him...

his step back 3 (when he doesnt travel) , is his most lethal weapon , but the rest of his game is predicated on trying to draw a foul which is wack

shooting 40 shots with 15 fts just to score 40+ isnt that impreesive, his team cant even score any more cause they have to sit there and watch him jack 18 3s a night

Back
Top Bottom