Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

I was hoping they had beat those clowns by 39 again and keep the streak going, but the Lakers are a better team than last year, so I'll let it slide, though we play them 2 more times this month and we could just drub them then. Great game all-around other than Capela turning back the clock and being nice timid Capela and going up we, getting shots blocked, and overall being ineffective. The good thing is he finished with 13 rebounds. The good thing about moving the season back 2 weeks is that there have been less back to backs. The bad thing is this weird scheduling where we don't see them play again for 3 or 4 days at a time :lol: We don't play again til Thursday vs the Jazz. That'll also be maybe the Rockets' second TNT broadcast this year, so we should all prepare for the TNT crew generally not knowing what is going on with the Rockets, along with old hot takes featuring guys who aren't even on the roster any more.

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

920x920.jpg

I was hoping they had beat those clowns by 39 again and keep the streak going, but the Lakers are a better team than last year, so I'll let it slide, though we play them 2 more times this month and we could just drub them then. Great game all-around other than Capela turning back the clock and being nice timid Capela and going up we, getting shots blocked, and overall being ineffective. The good thing is he finished with 13 rebounds. The good thing about moving the season back 2 weeks is that there have been less back to backs. The bad thing is this weird scheduling where we don't see them play again for 3 or 4 days at a time :lol: We don't play again til Thursday vs the Jazz. That'll also be maybe the Rockets' second TNT broadcast this year, so we should all prepare for the TNT crew generally not knowing what is going on with the Rockets, along with old hot takes featuring guys who aren't even on the roster any more.

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

920x920.jpg

I'm having a hard time with this weird scheduling...like us being done with the Memphis by November. I've been watching Rockets games for over 20 years, and can't remember playing a team that many times, that quick in a season. It felt like a playoff series ALMOST... and the Rockets aren't the only team with scheduling like this either. Either way another demolished team... I can't wait for the Boston game that might be our first REAL challenge.... or we could just demolish them too :smokin

yeah the schedule is pretty lame. we just had 4 days off and now we've got another 4 days off again immediately.

i won't complain though since we keep winning. just hope we can keep it up without any let downs to inferior opponents.

So are y’all finally appreciating the Point God Cp3 or nah?

I've always appreciated him, mostly cause Paul is simply a better all around version of Patrick Beverley. Bev was a pest on defense his whole time and and having CP3 is a seamless transition :lol:

I was worried about cp3 coming back from injury and slowing things down, but it seems like he saw how everyone would benefit if he played faster and made the adjustment. Kind of crazy how him and harden might end up 1-2 in assists per game this season.

I was worried about cp3 coming back from injury and slowing things down, but it seems like he saw how everyone would benefit if he played faster and made the adjustment. Kind of crazy how him and harden might end up 1-2 in assists per game this season.

People were foaming at the mouth for this to be a Harden/Ty Lawson situation :lol:

I’d be rooting for lonzo if he was on almost any other team, but I hate lakers fans so whatever. I still think he’ll put it all together eventually. He just has to get past his mental shooting block.

I’d be rooting for lonzo if he was on almost any other team, but I hate lakers fans so whatever. I still think he’ll put it all together eventually. He just has to get past his mental shooting block.

Yeah I see him being a Jason Kidd, 2.0 streaky shooter, but very valuable on the court. Agreed about Lakers fans though.

Same here. He can continue to be a walking L on the court with the Lakers for all I care, but I'm cool with him if he's somewhere else.

Haven’t watched Inside The NBA in a long time, and solely watched it after the Rockets game just to see what BS they’d say, and I wasn’t disappointed at all. I guess it would be boring if the factual things were said on tv, so I can see why they continue to push trash on there. Oh well, top 5 in both offense and defense, and I can see it on my screen, not just in stats.

yeah chuck saying how we don't play defense...i just kept rolling my eyes, but it is what it is. no one believes in us and that's fair tbh. we beat golden state once this season, but they're one of the greatest teams of all time so right now they are the standard we're trying to beat.

we've been through this before where we perform well during the regular season only to blow it in the playoffs. we've got to just keep building chemistry and playing hard for the next few months. then, find a way to win when the time comes in the playoffs.

that being said, 8 straight wins by double digits. the record is 10. let's see if we can keep it up.

Feigen finally got it.

well i was off saying it was 90% but 74% is incredible.

yeah chuck saying how we don't play defense...i just kept rolling my eyes, but it is what it is. no one believes in us and that's fair tbh. we beat golden state once this season, but they're one of the greatest teams of all time so right now they are the standard we're trying to beat.

we've been through this before where we perform well during the regular season only to blow it in the playoffs. we've got to just keep building chemistry and playing hard for the next few months. then, find a way to win when the time comes in the playoffs.

that being said, 8 straight wins by double digits. the record is 10. let's see if we can keep it up.

that record is also held by our team when we won 22 in a row. :pimp:

Ugly for a while, but huge fourth quarter to comeback and win it. I didn’t get to watch until the third quarter ended basically so I can’t really comment on the game, but I had a bad feeling tonight was the night our winning streak was going to end. Glad I ended up being wrong.

Well a good segment of Rockets fans were “bored” and “wanted adversity”, so there it was :lol: this really did feel like one of those games that would get away from them. Had every reason to too, EG slumping and looking worse than before, 3s not falling, Capela being goofy, Ryno doing nothing (and I totally forgot we didn’t come back in the game), and the Blazers scorching hot. Harden, Paul, Ariza, and Tucker really came through tonight. Harden just went into a whole different level. Great to see.

Yeah that **** used to kill me about Yao too. Need him to go up there and tear the ****ing rim off.

Back
Top Bottom