Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

A pretty meh game. Honestly, had Dirk, Wes, and Barea not rested, I think the Rockets would have manhandled them :lol: the rest of the Mavs had constant fight and energy being younger than those 3, and combined with the Rockets low energy, the Mavs kept the game annoyingly close. They just wouldn’t go away, but the run in the 3rd really helped. Just look at the production here:

5F603E05-9795-461F-8C10-97193B70AADF.png

Ryno, PJ, EG, and Luc with those stats aren’t beating the better teams. Ugly and very methodical win, but still a win

brandan wright officially signed today. joe johnson should be finalized tomorrow. doubt either of them plays before the all star weekend, but you never know.

A sluggish and annoying game that eventually turned into a thorough beating :lol: Ryno men like he got tired of the slander. He was shooting scared at first, then just started gunning it. Good to see. Harden looked so effortless out there late in the game, being so disrespectful :lol: good all around game, eager to see how Wright and Johnson eventually fit. Was nice to see PJ and Luc’s consistent defense as well. Need that in the playoffs.

Didn’t get to see the game tonight, but glad we didn’t lose. I thought it was the one game we might potentially lose before the break. Hopefully no slip ups tomorrow.

Ryno with his random one-off games. :lol: It's a cool deal to help our regular season record, but he's never useful in the most important moments. Can't imagine relying on him at all in the 'offs

I hope Troy doesn't go somewhere else and go off...Felt like he was the next really solid role player in training. I can deal with swapping youth for veterans tho when we have a real shot at contending.

This has the makings of being our chip season guys.

Please let these guys ball out in the playoffs

I hope Troy doesn't go somewhere else and go off...Felt like he was the next really solid role player in training. I can deal with swapping youth for veterans tho when we have a real shot at contending.

This is how I feel, and may have been how the Rockets felt due to their hesitation. But I think they looked at is as our C position needing more help, which is why Tarik didn’t get cut.

This is how I feel, and may have been how the Rockets felt due to their hesitation. But I think they looked at is as our C position needing more help, which is why Tarik didn’t get cut.

Nanu should've been the one that was cut. I'm guessing Morey didn't want any dead money on the cap next year

The Rockets won the game by nine, Joe Johnson score 9 points, LOL. He should be good to go once he gets a couple of practices with the team under his belt, because it seemed like he thought the offense was literally stand in the corner and wait for the ball to come to you :lol: he didn’t move around much at all. Still was surprised At how long Mike D’Antoni had him play. I’m guessing it was cause of Eric Gordon’s absence. It also seemed like Harden purposely wasn’t driving tonight. I’m assuming he just wanted to take it a bit easy heading into the All-Star break :lol: solid yet ugly win against a team that wouldn’t go away. They had a stat saying the Rockets were 1-3 when held under 100 points, and glad they corrected themselves. Weird game but a win is a win.

C060E58B-7F0F-476C-B6D4-B8A786A09C07.png

Back
Top Bottom