Houston Rockets waive Gerald Green

hes resigning them until those contracts are up, no way they give up on him this soon

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

where is the post at of someone saying could be be the rockets future?

Exactly what i was going to say
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by HtownRox14

He got waived cuz Carl Landry is out and we are weak inside, So we signed 2 guys to 10 day contracts (Mike Harris and Justin Williams).

People are thinking he will re-sign at the end of those 10 day contracts... calm down big mike... he's still part of the Rockets future. The Yao injury and now Landry injury have left us extra thin inside.

that's a good point....

I really can't see any other reason why they'd waive him so soon.....
They needed a body inside and they had to "waive" someone, and it just so happened to be Green. Makes sense that he will be back afterLandry's injury is healed.

Get well soon, Carl.

Green is a good thought/image/name on paper, but, let's be real.

Celtics were trash last season, and he didn't show or do much for the Celtics to keep him.

He gets shipped off to Minnesota, where they're clearly in rebuild mode, and could use all the help they can get.

He barely played, didn't do much or show much, and they traded him to Houston.

With T-Mac, and now a guy like Bobby Jackson, Green wasn't gonna see minutes anyway. Even when the Rockets were blowing out teams left and right, hewasn't seeing minutes.

Carl Landry's absence will be missed, and this dude Chuck Hayes can't really score. So, Mike Harris is a welcomed addition to the ballclub.

Don't be surprised if the Rockets lock up both Justin Williams + Mike Harris for the rest of the year.

Dikembe isn't getting younger, and Yao hasn't had a full healthy season in like for forever.

So, yeah.

With that said though, No Yao, No Landry, NO PROBLEM. Rockets still going to abuse the Hornets tonight.
pimp.gif

Damn!! That was quick! He gone have his time. He work on that jumpshot he'll be aight. Back to Boston Gerald!!

Originally Posted by DottsBaller5

off topic...

IMO he should have won the dunk contest
roll.gif
no way in hell

Last year's contest was horrible anyways, he's one of the worst dunk champs ever

False.

Dude has a point, the dunk contest this season should have been much closer than it was scored. Gerald had some outstanding dunks...

i say he sign w/ miami...

but it says something about him, when 2 teams give up on such a talent, and a team waives him in less than 2 weeks..

The fact that he has been traded/waived by three teams is a big red flag. Sometimes fans/NT see's something that GM's don't see (aka James Whitesyndrome). That is why they get paid to do what we spend countless hours doing.

If Gerald Green finally taps into some of the potential that all these people keep talking about, but nobody sees, maybe he will be like Chauncey Billups. Idon't mean as a player, but as a person who was given up on by a couple of franchises and managed to become successful in the NBA.

I hope they have a under the table agreement, because I think G2 can contribute to the Rockets, when given some clock.

Back
Top Bottom