How accurate is this portrayal of Muslims?

It took place at a college in Sweden in May 2010.� This isn't in the Middle East or theocratic country. I imagine it would be worse if it were.

They effectively used violence to silence free speech.� These Muslims in the video seem crazy to me.

Should this video have any influence on what I think of Muslims?� Or is this "only a few extremists?"� They seem rather normal to me until they exploded in rage.

It took place at a college in Sweden in May 2010.� This isn't in the Middle East or theocratic country. I imagine it would be worse if it were.

They effectively used violence to silence free speech.� These Muslims in the video seem crazy to me.

Should this video have any influence on what I think of Muslims?� Or is this "only a few extremists?"� They seem rather normal to me until they exploded in rage.

Islam is a religion of peace, though.
When will people get it? There isn't a real religion of peace. Show me one and I'll show you one that no one cares about.

Islam is a religion of peace, though.
When will people get it? There isn't a real religion of peace. Show me one and I'll show you one that no one cares about.

seriously man i havent met a muslim who did not become super sensitive when it came to religion

my muslim friend in 6th grade told me when he grew up he was gonna bomb comedy central for making fun of allah in south park

seriously man i havent met a muslim who did not become super sensitive when it came to religion

my muslim friend in 6th grade told me when he grew up he was gonna bomb comedy central for making fun of allah in south park

Originally Posted by hymen man

Oh, it's you.

laugh.gif

I believe in God 100% but don't believe in religion at all, but I'll say this..There are psychos from every religion...The thing people don't realize about Islam is that only a small percentage of Muslims are from the Middle East..I think it's like 30% or something...Yet when people say MUSLIM, everyone automatically pictures an Arabic dude with a long beard and whatnot..The percentage of Muslims that are of Arabic descent is equal to the percentage of Christians that are from Africa...Yet nobody thinks of an African person in Nigeria when you say "Christian man/woman"

Posting this video and essentially asking "Should I judge all Muslims based on this video" is the equivalent of watching an idiotic WSHH video of a group of black kids beating up a white guy and asking "Is this video an accurate portrayal of African-Americans?"..Ignorance is ignorance regardless of who it's relating to

I believe in God 100% but don't believe in religion at all, but I'll say this..There are psychos from every religion...The thing people don't realize about Islam is that only a small percentage of Muslims are from the Middle East..I think it's like 30% or something...Yet when people say MUSLIM, everyone automatically pictures an Arabic dude with a long beard and whatnot..The percentage of Muslims that are of Arabic descent is equal to the percentage of Christians that are from Africa...Yet nobody thinks of an African person in Nigeria when you say "Christian man/woman"

Posting this video and essentially asking "Should I judge all Muslims based on this video" is the equivalent of watching an idiotic WSHH video of a group of black kids beating up a white guy and asking "Is this video an accurate portrayal of African-Americans?"..Ignorance is ignorance regardless of who it's relating to

Wouldn't you be offended if Muslims or another group photo shopped a penis flying into the world trade centers, bad analogy but it puts the perspective of what is sacred and viewed as tasteless too us and might be humorous to them and vise versa, don't know if i made any sense but i can clarify and elaborate more if needed.

Wouldn't you be offended if Muslims or another group photo shopped a penis flying into the world trade centers, bad analogy but it puts the perspective of what is sacred and viewed as tasteless too us and might be humorous to them and vise versa, don't know if i made any sense but i can clarify and elaborate more if needed.

Just about accurate as this video
Plus you never answered my question if you were related to Ronald Reagan?
indifferent.gif

I'm muslim btw.

Just about accurate as this video
Plus you never answered my question if you were related to Ronald Reagan?
indifferent.gif

I'm muslim btw.

Originally Posted by Screech

I would not be offended one bit. 

Alchemist - To answer your question,  we're all related
smile.gif

ONE MORE QUESTION - Is there a basis in Islamic texts for this kind of behavior?

Originally Posted by Screech

I would not be offended one bit. 

Alchemist - To answer your question,  we're all related
smile.gif

ONE MORE QUESTION - Is there a basis in Islamic texts for this kind of behavior?

First of all the video was not cool at all.

Second, the guy who made that video did it for the same reason that OP made this thread.

First of all the video was not cool at all.

Second, the guy who made that video did it for the same reason that OP made this thread.

A billion and a half people practice Islam...

I can take a cross section of a billion and a half of any group and find sick, twisted, idiotic, monsters... But doesn't make them a representative body of that 1.5 billion people now does it..

Are the extremists crazy? YES

But by no means are they an accurate representation of the normal/average Islamic follower.

A billion and a half people practice Islam...

I can take a cross section of a billion and a half of any group and find sick, twisted, idiotic, monsters... But doesn't make them a representative body of that 1.5 billion people now does it..

Are the extremists crazy? YES

But by no means are they an accurate representation of the normal/average Islamic follower.

Let me say this, Scandinavia is one of the least racially sensitive places. Its been almost all locals until like 20 years ago when real immigration started, as a result people havent adjusted at all. Racist jokes are still socially acceptable. CEOs of companies will crack black jokes with their board of directors, my grandma will talk about "those dark people" and how mean-spirited they are right in front of them at a gas station etc.

In Scandinavia people dont try to be politically correct at all, in fact they'll go out of their way to make racist comments and the like just to provoke minorities. Id say a good 95% of the population finds it perfectly acceptable to be outwardly racist. Im Danish and I know this first hand.

Most likely, this Lars guy who made the movie was trying to be as offensive as he possibly could for the +%$% of it. Its just like when the Danish cartoonist drew the prophet mohammed wearing a bomb on his head instead of a turban. Honestly, it wouldnt surprise me for Lars to get killed or at least someone to attempt to kill him like they did the Dansih cartoonist, and when its all said and done Ill maintain that he earned it.

Back
Top Bottom