HOW BIG OF AN UPSET WOULD A PACERS GAME 7 WIN BE?

D

Deleted member 43946

Title says it all. We've seen a ton of NBA #1 seeds fall short over the years but Miami literally has the best player in the game in his prime. If the 49 win Pacers manage to pull off a trip to the finals is this one of the biggest overall chokes in sports history? I say yes. And before anybody asks I picked the Heat to go all the way when the playoffs started. Discuss...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that big of an upset considering the whole point of the Miami heat is the big 3 plus filler players, when 2/3 of the big 3 are playin below standards and to top it off the pacers are attacking the weakness of the Heat ( inside presence ) it's a recipe for disastour.

Upset ? Yes.

That big of a upset? Depending who you ask.

One of the biggest upsets in sports? Not really.

Will NT treat it and celebrate it as one of the biggest upsets in sports? Absolutely 

They would be the second team in the modern NBA era (past 30 yrs) to win 66 games and not reach the NBA finals. Does that make a difference?

They would be the second team in the modern NBA era (past 30 yrs) to win 66 games and not reach the NBA finals. Does that make a difference?

No, considering that the 06-07 Mavs won 67 and went out in the first round.

Based on "name value" alone, it would be a major upset. However, actually looking at how Wade and Bosh have been playing in this series so far, it wouldn't be a significant upset at all.

Why does those two being horrible take away from the upset? They havent been terrible all year. Perhaps Indiana just defends them better than the rest of the league.

At this point I have no problem with the Pacers advancing.
The Heat midas well disband if they lose. Wade gettin old, Bosh is trash. Lebron playing alone out there. :smh:

The Heat midas well disband if they lose. Wade gettin old, Bosh is trash. Lebron playing alone out there. :smh:

THIS. Its cleveland all over again. and i kno thts been getting overplayed but it really is. They just depend on him for too much. IE: Battier...a focal point on the grizzlies playoff run two yrs ago. tonight...a pivotal game 6. 0 pts. un-acc-eptable. And Bosh.. 5 pts. A joke.

The Heat midas well disband if they lose. Wade gettin old, Bosh is trash. Lebron playing alone out there.
mean.gif

I'm hoping the Pacers advance but I think for the most part this would be a big upset.

I mean... the Heat are "supposed" to win (PLEASE make note of the quotation marks).

Would only be a major upset to casual fans...

You know, the ones who thought the Heat would win in 4-5

I thought the series would go atleast 6 in the 1st place, Indy is a bad matchup for da Heats

Would only be a major upset to casual fans...

You know, the ones who thought the Heat would win in 4-5

I thought the series would go atleast 6 in the 1st place, Indy is a bad matchup for da Heats

As much as dislike the Heat as a team, LeBron is going to put his cape on and will them to a win. Bosh is going to hit a few big shots and somebody off the bench is going to have the game of their lives (Haslem, Cole, Miller). If Indiana is going to win, they have to play a perfect game, feed the post, out hustle, crash the boards, stay outta foul trouble (mainly Hill and Hibbert) and Lance Stevenson must be the X factor to take some pressure off of P.George and Hill. It's time for him to show off that "Born Ready" nickname.

And no this will not be the biggest upset in sports history :lol: .. Indiana has been the better team all series, this should've been over in 5 but the lack of playoff experience is killing them.

Whether or not the casual fans thought it would be an upset, "I thought it would go 6" that STILL is a major upset. You basically said the Heat would win 4-2 against a team that went 2-1 against them in the regular season.

Are we already forgetting the constant, "Just give them the title now" "26, 27 straight??!?!"

The Heat are going to advance on Monday. So this thread will be null and void. No team has won two straight in the series and it's not going to all of a sudden start.

really pulling for the heat, but I just read an article on espn where dwade is talking about him and bosh are not getting enough touches. could be deadly for team chemistry if they lose this game. LeBron will no doubt be pissed he didn't get any support and apparently wade and bosh are going to be upset that they didn't get a chance to help more which makes no sense to me considering how they've been playing.

I sure will. I will celebrate like my favorite team wom a championship.

This whole series I've been rooting for the Pacers like they were my team since birth.

As much as dislike the Heat as a team, LeBron is going to put his cape on and will them to a win. Bosh is going to hit a few big shots and somebody off the bench is going to have the game of their lives (Haslem, Cole, Miller). If Indiana is going to win, they have to play a perfect game, feed the post, out hustle, crash the boards, stay outta foul trouble (mainly Hill and Hibbert) and Lance Stevenson must be the X factor to take some pressure off of P.George and Hill. It's time for him to show off that "Born Ready" nickname.

And no this will not be the biggest upset in sports history :lol: .. Indiana has been the better team all series, this should've been over in 5 but the lack of playoff experience is killing them.

Basically. I've never seen Wade and Bosh look as low as they did after the game last night. Their confidence looked drained throughout the whole game and it was even more evident hearing them talk afterwards. If they play like that again next game though I would be SHOCKED. If the Heat lose on Monday night...our summer as basketball fans would get A LOT more interesting.

To answer OP's question....it would be one of the biggest upsets we've ever seen. This Heat team is the defending champions (and this year's team is better than last), have the best player in the world in his prime on it and they won 27 straight games this year. Just because the Pacers have outplayed the Heat for most of this series doesn't make it any less shocking. If anything, that makes it even more shocking that the Heat could be outplayed by the Pacers that much and be able to take Wade and Bosh completely out of their games. People need to start giving the Pacers a tad more credit instead of the "Pacers are just a bad matchup for them" and "Wade and Bosh's games have fell off a cliff" blah blah.

Would it be a huge upset ? Yes. One of the biggest in sports history maybe but not so sure about that. It wouldnt compare to the US beating Russia in the Olympics in the 1980s and wouldnt be like if somehow Angola had beaten the 92 dream team but it would still be a big upset. Maybe more on the level of the Mavs knocking off Mia two years ago.

Also this talk about it wouldnt be as big an upset because Wade and Bosh arent playing well I just dont understand. Miami is still the most loaded team from top to bottom. Maybe they arent playing as well because of Indiana's defense.

If Indiana wins do I still think overall Mia is the better team? Yes but they are a poor matchup for indiana and they are a bunch of hollywood players who like to think they can turn it on whenever they want which ordinarily is true.

Dont be so quick to forget that during their 27 game win streak alot of what you would hear is that they may be the greatest team ever and the chip is already their's so given all that talk which was just a couple months ago at the end of the season at that I think that knocking off one of the "greatest teams ever" would be a huge upset.

:lol: @ people using what's happening in the series to determine if this would be an upset or not.

I just heard hibberts comment. I giggled. That was dumb as hell for him to say lol

Back
Top Bottom