How can English Speakers/Readers live in Seoul? VOL: I don't want to be teacher.

It's really fascinating to learn the racial dynamics of other cultures. I just wonder where does it originate from? Mojo, I know you mentioned about the process of applying to teach English in Korea and saying blacks don't bother. Do they get shut down? I get the homogenous culture deal, but are black people seen as a threat? There has to be someone with sense to know you can't generalize and entire race of people. I also too wondered about the interracial dynamic of asian women and non asian men. Usually, if it's a non asian man, the family prefers her to be with a white man as opposed to a black man.
there's a bunch of black ppl teaching overseas on korea..they have a big online presents (
laugh.gif
sick.gif
i know)   so if you wanna read about their experiences its out there

like traveling anywhere outside the US try to assimilate yourself to the culture and be respectful attempt to learn and speak korean and things will be MUCH easier

it also depends where in korea you are....in seoul folks may be used to seeing black ppl around but if your somewhere in the country side than yes it'll be diff
color of your skin (whites apply, blacks dont bother, other asians... tbh i dont know)
mean.gif
Im mad cause a lot of Asians really think like this...its a subtle form of self hatred...a lot of them really look at the white man as Jesus
eek.gif
sad

i know this from personal experience
yeah its crazy fambs.....i noticed a lot of asian dudes basically worship white women..its wild..like dog white women aint eem all that :lol:

from what i've heard, if you're any other Asian race i.e. japanese or filipino you will get insulted openly and be refused service at some businesses. Now I haven't been there but that's what my dad told me. YMMV

also, be a Starcraft 2 player. That's considered a sport in South Korea.

I got a couple of responses from the university. If I am to pursue a MBA, I can definitely spend a few semesters in Seoul.
The thing is, I would have to quit my current job and become unemployed w/ no income, no insurance, no 401k, no continuity w/ the 'real' world. More so, my CFA route would be put on pause. LOL

But that would give me an increase from 1% to 2% in finding my korean girl? lolz

AIGOOOOOOO

It's really fascinating to learn the racial dynamics of other cultures. I just wonder where does it originate from? Mojo, I know you mentioned about the process of applying to teach English in Korea and saying blacks don't bother. Do they get shut down? I get the homogenous culture deal, but are black people seen as a threat? There has to be someone with sense to know you can't generalize and entire race of people. I also too wondered about the interracial dynamic of asian women and non asian men. Usually, if it's a non asian man, the family prefers her to be with a white man as opposed to a black man.

hmmm... i dont know if they are seen as a threat. i think its just that koreans (as well as a lot of other asians) have racist tendencies.

what's pagen?

im assuming pagen = white. my korean is not that good, but i probably would have spelled it beh-gheen or something like that. atleast thats as close as i can spell it phonetically.

I got a couple of responses from the university. If I am to pursue a MBA, I can definitely spend a few semesters in Seoul.
The thing is, I would have to quit my current job and become unemployed w/ no income, no insurance, no 401k, no continuity w/ the 'real' world. More so, my CFA route would be put on pause. LOL
But that would give me an increase from 1% to 2% in finding my korean girl? lolz
AIGOOOOOOO

youre doin it wrong man.

stay here. get your CFA. get a good job. make money. korean girls (or their families) LOVE money.

hmmm... i dont know if they are seen as a threat. i think its just that koreans (as well as a lot of other asians) have racist tendencies.
im assuming pagen = white. my korean is not that good, but i probably would have spelled it beh-gheen or something like that. atleast thats as close as i can spell it phonetically.
youre doin it wrong man.
stay here. get your CFA. get a good job. make money. korean girls (or their families) LOVE money.

Yah, pagen = white. Thank god I have a korean home boi, but he has no luck to help me. LOLZ!!

LOL. I don't think you ever told me the story about how you met your 'Chinese' wife and stuff. Maybe you could share.

Do I have to make money and go back to Wilshire? LOLZ

I don't want 'tanned' brownie koreans. I want white skinned ones that hold an umbrella even in an overcast.

youre doin it wrong man.

Or be white, I've seen Korean girls with some broke and funny looking white dudes :lol:

I'm black. My majors are Chinese (Mandarin) and Korean. Korean is my 4th language and was the easiest to learn to read and write (It takes about a few good hours to learn to read. It's phonetic just like English sort of).
You expect to go to another country and work, and not take the time and effort into learning the basics of the language?
C'mon son.

And teaching English would be your best bet. They actually are quicker to hire those who can't speak Korean, because it forces students to embrace English; however, they're phasing out foreigner English teachers pretty soon...

I think you should actually go there for a vacation or something if you can afford it, don't let your asian fetish take over your life and have you trying to live in Seoul, which is highly expensive and cramped, not speaking the language, and jobless.

Last edited:
I had this home girl who was a local korean, but she still spoke and read and all. We would hang out, go to strip.clubs, and k-bars; I had thought she was my 'golden' ticket into the k-girl world. I was comfy w/ her cuz we went to the same school and all for years and we just did things together or w/ her friends.

Anyhow, sometimes we would run into her friends, and man they were hot and all. It was embarassing for me to even stare at them. Some had work done on them already. But the good wife type that I wanted were usually quiet and creepy, they would take shots when offerred, and drink crazy - but they would never lose control. haha One time we were at a karaoke thing for someone's birthday and a batch of new faces were there. It was a mixed bag, as the hostess there out-hot them all. My attention was definitely on her.

To make a mark, I did the sucker thing and bought a round to see their reaction and I was surprised that the would all drink, despite how conservative they might seem. lolz Damn them, I didn't think they'd even cared who bought it, we just cheered and drank. As we took the the shots, I thought about making a move, but I had to scout. I began looking at their chest for the 'jesus cross' necklace. LOL I whispered to my home girl, "no luck, they all have Christian necklace thing."

Home girl told me, "yeah, they use that as a guard against guys like you. You ain't gonna find what you're looking for. For your type, you might as well join a korean church."
She told me to make some money, and pay for her plastic surgery.

FML.

I had this home girl who was a local korean, but she still spoke and read and all. We would hang out, go to strip.clubs, and k-bars; I had thought she was my 'golden' ticket into the k-girl world. I was comfy w/ her cuz we went to the same school and all for years and we just did things together or w/ her friends.
Anyhow, sometimes we would run into her friends, and man they were hot and all. It was embarassing for me to even stare at them. Some had work done on them already. But the good wife type that I wanted were usually quiet and creepy, they would take shots when offerred, and drink crazy - but they would never lose control. haha One time we were at a karaoke thing for someone's birthday and a batch of new faces were there. It was a mixed bag, as the hostess there out-hot them all. My attention was definitely on her.
To make a mark, I did the sucker thing and bought a round to see their reaction and I was surprised that the would all drink, despite how conservative they might seem. lolz Damn them, I didn't think they'd even cared who bought it, we just cheered and drank. As we took the the shots, I thought about making a move, but I had to scout. I began looking at their chest for the 'jesus cross' necklace. LOL I whispered to my home girl, "no luck, they all have Christian necklace thing."
Home girl told me, "yeah, they use that as a guard against guys like you. You ain't gonna find what you're looking for. For your type, you might as well join a korean church."
FML.

(This advice comes in no particular order)

I'm black... my wife is korean.... korean chicks are overrated.

You are letting your **** make life choices.... wrong move

After reading your post, I see you have no game but you are probably clean cut, educated and make decent money...good.

Practice meeting girls in your "bracket" then work your way up.

Best way to get in a korean circle is knowing somebody, and getting introduced into more.

You don't even know conversational korean but you wanna connect with korean chicks???.... fail

If you show knowledge of their culture and act "like a korean" it makes you less of an outsider.

Korean (native) chicks are "harder" to get because it takes more "game" (ability to interpret and adjust) than American Korean.

American Korean chicks are just like stuck up Jewish chicks. Not "stuck up" because they are @#@holes...stuck up as in they stay in their own segment.

I suggest you stop going after Korean chicks...and work on your game for a few years.... maybe you'll come across a Korean chick during your natural gameplay and just transition your plan for the situation.

If you are black or white and cleancut... you're good.. If you're southeast asian or chinese you will have a hard time due to a long history between the other asian races and koreans.

Last edited:
After reading your post, I see you have no game but you are probably clean cut, educated and make decent money...good.
Best way to get in a korean circle is knowing somebody, and getting introduced into more.
You don't even know conversational korean but you wanna connect with korean chicks???.... fail
If you show knowledge of their culture and act "like a korean" it makes you less of an outsider.
Korean (native) chicks are "harder" to get because it takes more "game" (ability to interpret and adjust) than American Korean.
American Korean chicks are just like stuck up Jewish chicks. Not "stuck up" because they are @#@holes...stuck up as in they stay in their own segment.
I suggest you stop going after Korean chicks...and work on your game for a few years.... maybe you'll come across a Korean chick during your natural gameplay and just transition your plan for the situation.
If you are black or white and cleancut... you're good.. If you're southeast asian or chinese you will have a hard time due to a long history between the other asian races and koreans.

^ Listen to that man. Honestly son, don't take it that seriously. It's not that hard. You act like you're going to die or spend life alone if you don't find some Korean chick to mate with. If you wanted to get "in" stop being lazy and take an hour or two and learn and practice some basic phrases, or pick up on some culture. A simple "Hey, yeah I know some Korean, I'm learning. Let's practice," goes really far.

EDIT:
By the way, if you're going to Korea and need a translator... I charge by the hour :D

Last edited:

^ SO TRUE

Korean Americans don't accept other races, even other Asians in the U.S. I'd imagine it's a lot harder to be accepted in Korea.

this is just generalizing the situation, but some what true. my gf is han chinese and i'm not. i walk into their world and i see why they don't like certain asian ethnics...it's sad, but true.
as of the original post; it's not just koreans....it's east asians in general. some japanese are not open to other asians but westerners, it's fine. the same goes for koreans and chinese. i think it's dumb, but history has mold some people to be this way....and eventually their children...unless they break out of that way of thinking. i'm not sure about southeast asian peps, because i don't run into them as much as east asians.

this is just generalizing the situation, but some what true. my gf is han chinese and i'm not. i walk into their world and i see why they don't like certain asian ethnics...it's sad, but true.
as of the original post; it's not just koreans....it's east asians in general. some japanese are not open to other asians but westerners, it's fine. the same goes for koreans and chinese. i think it's dumb, but history has mold some people to be this way....and eventually their children...unless they break out of that way of thinking. i'm not sure about southeast asian peps, because i don't run into them as much as east asians.

I did reply to say that I was speaking in general terms. So no offense. From my point of view the Chinese usually are not nearly as bad in this regard compared to other East Asians. It is just portrayed that way in movies with rude business owners. Southeast Asians are cool, they don't even care to ask what ethnicity you are even if you are outside of their race and treat you no different. This is based off my observations. Fillipinos are the same way. But I have heard stories of older Filipinos having distaste towards East Asians. So I guess the older generation is causing most of these problems. Once again, This is all generally speaking.

FML.
Yo.  There's a lot to say about this but lemme keep it simple.

You're doing it wrong.

are you that thirsty to wife up some korean girl? you know they don't even hire many guys from america to teach english because they know most of the time they're creeps looking for a way into korea to meet some chicks. you sound ridiculously pathetic and creepy

Last edited:
If you can't even pull an Americanized Korean girl, you're going to have a hell of a time trying to wife one up in Korea. :lol:

wanted to post the rock clappin gif but someone beat me to it.

wait wait wait... you willingly married a korean woman? are you a glutton for punishment? i kid i kid.

LOL. +1 Why did you say that about your wife? How long were you guys together.

Modjomonkey, how about your Chinese wife? Inter-racial marriage is interesting. Please share.

I don't think people understand the whole going to school to learn Korean thing. I don't have the time. I'm working on my CFA, which hand in hand is a 3-4 1/2 year thing along w/ my career growth studies.

I just told you what happened to me at an instance. My home girl is americanized and has both worlds., and despite the efforts, they were al failures. Like you've said, they are stuck up and materialistic. Maybe I should stop watching soaps and stop going for them. lolz The good ones don't exist!! It's pretty much, unless you're korean, you're shut out.

The challenge for me is getting into the circle and finding those eventful situations.

When I hit up Ktown in wilshire w/ my friend, I could see them conjugated everywhere. They wouldn't associate w/ anyone outside their race. lolz
I saw some black and white dudes in their own clique too, proally like me, getting rejected and trying to pursue them. lolz

so you never got buns in high school or college either and now you feel inadequate sexually with girls your age so you want to make some completely irrational move to south korea to get some prepubescent looking native girl to learn on. this entire thread is disgusting and south korea ain't dumb, they get all kinds of yellow fever sickos trying to move there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom