How common are fake (new) Nikes on Amazon?

Amazon, just by its size, might be one of the more popular places to get Nikes other than Nike.com, but from what I understand Nike doesn't have a direct supply relationship with Amazon yet, and it seems many (if not all) Nikes on Amazon are from 3rd-party sellers.

So how common are fake Nikes on Amazon, especially from 3rd-party sellers? Are fakes known to be relatively rare on Amazon, or is it unknown and relatively a crapshoot?

(I want a color of Pegasus 34 that's discontinued so only a 3rd-party seller on Amazon has it, otherwise I'd get from Nike.com. The 3rd-party seller looks good enough with 98% positive over 100 reviews but hard to tell from that.)

Thanks,
JYang

well going from experience I have purchased all my shoes threw Amazon and they are all indeed 100% legit but there are a lot of fakes being sold on there just check the third party seller before purchasing.
What sucks is that they use stock photos but like i said i have a few pairs of shoes all purchased threw Amazons third party sellers. Just be careful on there and do a little back check on the third party seller like googling the store that is selling on Amazon. I hope this helps.

Thanks destin 7792. I did do a little check on the seller and they look ok, but I'm not sure you can tell from that. I guess you can't be 100% sure (if it's not a licensed seller). Thanks for mentioning you've bought a lot of legit ones on Amazon.

Anyone else had any experiences or heard anything positive or negative w.r.t fakes on Amazon? Thx.

Thanks destin 7792. I did do a little check on the seller and they look ok, but I'm not sure you can tell from that. I guess you can't be 100% sure (if it's not a licensed seller). Thanks for mentioning you've bought a lot of legit ones on Amazon.

Anyone else had any experiences or heard anything positive or negative w.r.t fakes on Amazon? Thx.
I haven't but what I do know is to always check feedback on the seller, not just on the item you're interested in, but on his other products, especially for website like Amazon. Good luck!

Thanks UndrratedHypebeast - I did check the seller on his other products (it's only about 100 reviews for all of his products - not much of a history at Amazon). The seller seems to be on eBay too and has more of a track record there, and while I've read of sellers with a good rating over thousands of reviews somehow still selling counterfeits, it doesn't hurt to know that's the case. Thanks again.

Anyone with more updated thoughts in Amazon? I'm guessing it still depends on the seller. I'm expecting a large gift card for Amazon soon and I'm trying to think about what to use it for. I don't like to pay above retail but the gift card is free money so I won't mind splurging on a pair I normally wouldn't buy if it is legit.

Back
Top Bottom