How did Facebook become so popular over Myspace?

Remember when MySpace was poppin, everybody and they mom had that !!#%. What made FB so damn popular? It's pretty limited in customization compare to MySpace but I think that's what Myspace had going for it's self, the custom layouts and !!#%. Is it cause FB let pretty much everybody add whoever now, no specific campus requirement? I remember trying to add some females but I couldn't cause I wasn't apart of [insert campus here] 
tired.gif
laugh.gif
, thinking damn, CSF really aint got no females here 
ohwell.gif

EDIT:

According to inside sources, the MySpace corporate environment was ran like a scene out of the movie Caligula. Way too much partying and hooking up, not enough focus on innovation and technology. In 2005, MySpace was acquired by Fox for $580 million. The founders of MySpace, Chris DeWolfe and Tom Anderson, left the company in spring of 2009. Shortly after the founders left, MySpace laid off 30% of its workforce.  Thankfully for Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg is way too square for hardcore partying, he’s had the same girlfriend for the last seven years since he founded Facebook. Our Taurus boy really loves stability and hard work, it’s definitely paid off.

Damn, didn't know Fox bought out MySpace, I wonder if those dudes kept it would FaceBook stood the time?

Remember when MySpace was poppin, everybody and they mom had that !!#%. What made FB so damn popular? It's pretty limited in customization compare to MySpace but I think that's what Myspace had going for it's self, the custom layouts and !!#%. Is it cause FB let pretty much everybody add whoever now, no specific campus requirement? I remember trying to add some females but I couldn't cause I wasn't apart of [insert campus here] 
tired.gif
laugh.gif
, thinking damn, CSF really aint got no females here 
ohwell.gif

EDIT:

According to inside sources, the MySpace corporate environment was ran like a scene out of the movie Caligula. Way too much partying and hooking up, not enough focus on innovation and technology. In 2005, MySpace was acquired by Fox for $580 million. The founders of MySpace, Chris DeWolfe and Tom Anderson, left the company in spring of 2009. Shortly after the founders left, MySpace laid off 30% of its workforce.  Thankfully for Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg is way too square for hardcore partying, he’s had the same girlfriend for the last seven years since he founded Facebook. Our Taurus boy really loves stability and hard work, it’s definitely paid off.

Damn, didn't know Fox bought out MySpace, I wonder if those dudes kept it would FaceBook stood the time?

It wasn't until I got over making my myspace look better until I realized how stupid myspace was. I didn't jump ship right away though. I was loyal until myspace added the whole status thing like facebook. It soon got out of hand and I just said facebook is less complicated than myspace ever was even in its simplest form.

It wasn't until I got over making my myspace look better until I realized how stupid myspace was. I didn't jump ship right away though. I was loyal until myspace added the whole status thing like facebook. It soon got out of hand and I just said facebook is less complicated than myspace ever was even in its simplest form.

I don't know but facebook needs to quick changing everything. Everyday, the damn chat is different.

I don't know but facebook needs to quick changing everything. Everyday, the damn chat is different.

The idea that people graduate to FB. So then the idea was I'm on FB now so I'm better than all the ppl on Myspace. Then people on Myspace feel inferior so they create a FB. So begins the cycle.

The idea that people graduate to FB. So then the idea was I'm on FB now so I'm better than all the ppl on Myspace. Then people on Myspace feel inferior so they create a FB. So begins the cycle.

Everything you listed + Myspace having ads. That customization +*#! got OD. +#*! waiting 4 minutes for someones page to load while I just want to post a comment about a picture.

Everything you listed + Myspace having ads. That customization +*#! got OD. +#*! waiting 4 minutes for someones page to load while I just want to post a comment about a picture.

Facebook is just way more basic and easy to use. Myspace is so junior high
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

And of course people from Harvard use Facebook #socialnetwork

Facebook is just way more basic and easy to use. Myspace is so junior high
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

And of course people from Harvard use Facebook #socialnetwork

I personally hate facebook n preffered myspace bcuz it had more individualism options for each person but facebook is quiet good for the basic needs of all types of ppl, from ppl only interested in socializing to ppl tryina promote or do business to students tryina keep in touch...

I personally hate facebook n preffered myspace bcuz it had more individualism options for each person but facebook is quiet good for the basic needs of all types of ppl, from ppl only interested in socializing to ppl tryina promote or do business to students tryina keep in touch...

I hated Myspace.

Clicking on someone's page and having your computer freeze up cause they had mad music and pics FTL

I hated Myspace.

Clicking on someone's page and having your computer freeze up cause they had mad music and pics FTL

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I hated Myspace.

This....... FB is better.

Back
Top Bottom