How did Facebook become so popular over Myspace?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I hated Myspace.

Clicking on someone's page and having your computer freeze up cause they had mad music and pics FTL

This....... FB is better.

myspace customization = stupid.

99% of those layouts are garbage, and you can't even navigate peoples pages without seeing 100 different neon colours or glitter everywhere.

if FB ever has this option, i'm deleting my account.

myspace customization = stupid.

99% of those layouts are garbage, and you can't even navigate peoples pages without seeing 100 different neon colours or glitter everywhere.

if FB ever has this option, i'm deleting my account.

when i look at it, myspace is just horrible. i dont know how people still use that site
laugh.gif

fb opened the site up to everyone besides just college kids. as for myspace too many ads and the fact that, you damn near had to know html programing to set up a page.

fb opened the site up to everyone besides just college kids. as for myspace too many ads and the fact that, you damn near had to know html programing to set up a page.

Myspace had fake names and you couldn't find friends.. when i joined FB it was college only (not everyone's mom and grandma like now) but it was great because people used real names and you could tag pics. It was way better than what myspace had to offer at the time

The only down side that MySpace had was the way that people would OD the background and the pics and @+%! like that. I personally liked MySpace's layout more before it got all the updates and @+%!. Facebook seemed real confusing, since I was all new to Facebook, I didn't even know what the poke button was for.
laugh.gif

Myspace had fake names and you couldn't find friends.. when i joined FB it was college only (not everyone's mom and grandma like now) but it was great because people used real names and you could tag pics. It was way better than what myspace had to offer at the time

The only down side that MySpace had was the way that people would OD the background and the pics and @+%! like that. I personally liked MySpace's layout more before it got all the updates and @+%!. Facebook seemed real confusing, since I was all new to Facebook, I didn't even know what the poke button was for.
laugh.gif

MySpace had the page customization which seemed good in principle, except everyone was using these hideous backgrounds and putting bad music on their page. Plus, it seemed to cater to a much younger audience. Facebook started off by being accessible to University students and stayed that way for some time, so it was more exclusive and it had a much simpler layout. 

MySpace had the page customization which seemed good in principle, except everyone was using these hideous backgrounds and putting bad music on their page. Plus, it seemed to cater to a much younger audience. Facebook started off by being accessible to University students and stayed that way for some time, so it was more exclusive and it had a much simpler layout. 

remember when facebook only let you have a profile pic? folks went crazy when they let us have albums...
laugh.gif

it was the worst cuz if someone had a funny random pic up or a flyer and they requested you you didnt know who the hell they were

remember when facebook only let you have a profile pic? folks went crazy when they let us have albums...
laugh.gif

it was the worst cuz if someone had a funny random pic up or a flyer and they requested you you didnt know who the hell they were

myspace profiles are wack, and there are way too many people on myspace that TyP3 l!kE tHi$ on it

Back
Top Bottom