How did Facebook become so popular over Myspace?

Myspace turned into a huge mess. They began adding features that should've never seen the light of day.

Facebook was pretty simple. Now logging in summons a giant eyeball to your very location that inclines you to post your exact location, what you're doing, and the next 3 times you'll be alone.

Haha I remember clicking on someones page and my mac would just !@#% on me for a minute while their profile song plays in the background no problem
laugh.gif

Haha I remember clicking on someones page and my mac would just !@#% on me for a minute while their profile song plays in the background no problem
laugh.gif

Interface and long time (early) exclusivity. They expanded slowly. Much more calculated.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

finding friends on facebook takes seconds...on myspace it takes HOURS 
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

and facebook is more intuitive in terms of layout..its literally kinda like niketalk.
Came in her to say the exact same thing. U try to find somebody on myspace, u better know how they spell their "name" and hope they didn't change it before u found em
30t6p3b.gif
Plus, I hated waitin for the damn page to load up and it seems like the music started playin before the page loaded up, then ur computer froze before the page loaded up so u couldn't pause the music.
laugh.gif

I liked fb more when it was just for college students and didn't have all them games and nonsense that I keep gettin requests to play/add to my page 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

finding friends on facebook takes seconds...on myspace it takes HOURS 
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

and facebook is more intuitive in terms of layout..its literally kinda like niketalk.
Came in her to say the exact same thing. U try to find somebody on myspace, u better know how they spell their "name" and hope they didn't change it before u found em
30t6p3b.gif
Plus, I hated waitin for the damn page to load up and it seems like the music started playin before the page loaded up, then ur computer froze before the page loaded up so u couldn't pause the music.
laugh.gif

I liked fb more when it was just for college students and didn't have all them games and nonsense that I keep gettin requests to play/add to my page 

Interface and long time (early) exclusivity. They expanded slowly. Much more calculated.

exclusivity. needed a REAL college email to make a profile. so only smart people were on it.  I dont think JC emails worked when making a profile.

exclusivity. needed a REAL college email to make a profile. so only smart people were on it.  I dont think JC emails worked when making a profile.

i miss the facebook when i first joined up in 2005. now its just filled with dumbasses *points to the lamebook thread*

i miss the facebook when i first joined up in 2005. now its just filled with dumbasses *points to the lamebook thread*

Everything has its time. When Facebook fades in a couple years, the same thing will be said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everything has its time. When Facebook fades in a couple years, the same thing will be said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

this.

i actually liked myspace because i could go to an artists page to listen to their new songs but facebook is much cleaner

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

this.

i actually liked myspace because i could go to an artists page to listen to their new songs but facebook is much cleaner

the maturity factor when it was limited to college students but when they let everyone on but now we got people with ridiculous middle names and ridiculous statuses but hey what can you do?

the maturity factor when it was limited to college students but when they let everyone on but now we got people with ridiculous middle names and ridiculous statuses but hey what can you do?

Originally Posted by oidreez

Wait for white people to stop using it (white flight). Then move on. Seriously, though it's already happening. The white people from college and HS I know are no longer actively on like they used to be. Some blacks as well. It was when FB opened it's doors to non-college kids they started to get real stupid and ridiculous. Now the original users of FB, the college kids from 2003-2006, have moved on to actual face-to-face interaction or simply don't care to use social networking like that. I used FB a lot when it first came out and I like those others have simply out-grown it and/or dont want to associated with the current FB.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Wait for white people to stop using it (white flight). Then move on. Seriously, though it's already happening. The white people from college and HS I know are no longer actively on like they used to be. Some blacks as well. It was when FB opened it's doors to non-college kids they started to get real stupid and ridiculous. Now the original users of FB, the college kids from 2003-2006, have moved on to actual face-to-face interaction or simply don't care to use social networking like that. I used FB a lot when it first came out and I like those others have simply out-grown it and/or dont want to associated with the current FB.

I've wondered this as well. For the record I don't like either of them.....maybe because I couldn't get vagina from either of them and I don't care to see what my ex'es are up to.

I've wondered this as well. For the record I don't like either of them.....maybe because I couldn't get vagina from either of them and I don't care to see what my ex'es are up to.

Back
Top Bottom