How did Facebook become so popular over Myspace?

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Originally Posted by oidreez

the maturity factor when it was limited to college students but when they let everyone on but now we got people with ridiculous middle names and ridiculous statuses but hey what can you do?

Wait for white people to stop using it (white flight). Then move on. Seriously, though it's already happening. The white people from college and HS I know are no longer actively on like they used to be. Some blacks as well. It was when FB opened it's doors to non-college kids they started to get real stupid and ridiculous. Now the original users of FB, the college kids from 2003-2006, have moved on to actual face-to-face interaction or simply don't care to use social networking like that. I used FB a lot when it first came out and I like those others have simply out-grown it and/or dont want to associated with the current FB.

i really dont think the popularity of facebook will decline due to white people not using it.

Originally Posted by oidreez

the maturity factor when it was limited to college students but when they let everyone on but now we got people with ridiculous middle names and ridiculous statuses but hey what can you do?

Wait for white people to stop using it (white flight). Then move on. Seriously, though it's already happening. The white people from college and HS I know are no longer actively on like they used to be. Some blacks as well. It was when FB opened it's doors to non-college kids they started to get real stupid and ridiculous. Now the original users of FB, the college kids from 2003-2006, have moved on to actual face-to-face interaction or simply don't care to use social networking like that. I used FB a lot when it first came out and I like those others have simply out-grown it and/or dont want to associated with the current FB.

i really dont think the popularity of facebook will decline due to white people not using it.

Facebook is about to have a lot of spam.

Considering the influx of third party apps and customized targeted ads within the past two years.

Facebook is about to have a lot of spam.

Considering the influx of third party apps and customized targeted ads within the past two years.

Now the original users of FB, the college kids from 2003-2006, have moved on to actual face-to-face interaction or simply don't care to use social networking like that.
Maybe my situation is different, but I find that to be completely untrue.

Now the original users of FB, the college kids from 2003-2006, have moved on to actual face-to-face interaction or simply don't care to use social networking like that.
Maybe my situation is different, but I find that to be completely untrue.

I think the exclusivity at the beginning is what attracted people and built the hype. The same way nike/jordan release "limited quantities" and have the hype thru the roof

I think the exclusivity at the beginning is what attracted people and built the hype. The same way nike/jordan release "limited quantities" and have the hype thru the roof

FaceBook is more simple? Seems more confusing to me.

If you go on Myspace now, all it has are jumpoffs that check their messages for dudes tryna holler
devil.gif

If you go on Myspace now, all it has are jumpoffs that check their messages for dudes tryna holler
devil.gif

because it was just for college kids now its whack cause people parents are on there..............

because it was just for college kids now its whack cause people parents are on there..............

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

exclusivity. needed a REAL college email to make a profile. so only smart people were on it.  I dont think JC emails worked when making a profile
Yup.
Couple of my boys attended JC's and couldn't sign up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jalrulz

exclusivity. needed a REAL college email to make a profile. so only smart people were on it.  I dont think JC emails worked when making a profile
Yup.
Couple of my boys attended JC's and couldn't sign up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

devil.gif

my boy in Portland does work on myspace and pulls
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

devil.gif

my boy in Portland does work on myspace and pulls
pimp.gif

When did facebook become accessible for all? I remember for a long while, it required a college email address to join.

Back
Top Bottom