how do you feel about da whole Hong Kong X China X NBA (and other US companies caught in middle) situation?

In a sense, being it’s Lebron. He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. If he doesn’t want to mess his China money up, I get it. But a no comment or a non answer probably would’ve been the best response. Yeah he likely would’ve got crap for not being vocal or giving a company response but it would’ve swept under the rug.

It goes well beyond Lebron and any NBA player for that matter, but it’s crazy seeing them try to appease China the way they have.

All Lebron had to say was: "I don't know enough about the matter to comment on it at this time."

So if you say nothing about everything and a athlete you are wrong.

If you speak out but don't say what people want to hear when it comes to topics they care about you are wrong.

People in here expect more out of Lebron then elected officials.

No one will ever care about you or your needs more than you.

Apple drops Hong Kong police-tracking app used by protesters
Share this with Email Share this with Facebook Share this with Twitter Share this with Whatsapp
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Riot police on a Hong Kong street

Apple has removed an app that protesters in Hong Kong have used to track police movements and tear gas use, saying the app violated its rules.
The company said the app, HKmap.live, had "been used in ways that endanger law enforcement and residents".
Apple initially rejected the app - which uses data from protesters on the ground - from its store.
When it later appeared on the App Store, there was a sharply-worded response in official Chinese media.
The removal then came after "many concerned customers in Hong Kong contacted us", Apple said.
"We have verified with the Hong Kong Cybersecurity and Technology Crime Bureau that the app has been used to target and ambush police," Apple said.
The statement added that "criminals have used it to victimise residents in areas where they know there is no law enforcement".
Although the app has been removed from Apple's store, a website version appears to remain active. There is also a version on Google Play.

Cancel culture: I'm not using anymore apple products siding with china[Typed from a iPhone 11 Pro]

So if you say nothing about everything and a athlete you are wrong.

If you speak out but don't say what people want to hear when it comes to topics they care about you are wrong.

People in here expect more out of Lebron then elected officials.

No one will ever care about you or your needs more than you.

When he emphasizes that he’s more than an athlete, and has been an outspoken critic of the President, NCAA and other social issues.(All which he should be applauded and commended for), he’s going to be held to a higher level of scrutiny than a James Harden or Kawhi Leonard who don’t have a history of speaking out.

When you use your platform to speak out, more is expected out of you than someone of similar relevance who has a history of being quiet on social issues. I get your perspective though.

This is why I love Muhammad Ali, who made no mistake in telling the whole world that he was concerned with being BLACK. This is what Lebron has to do. Muhammad spoke loudly that his enemy was white supremacy. Nobody asked Muhammad to speak on the fighting in Belfast in the seventies.

They want to hold LeBron to a different, higher standard, in order to scare him away from using his platform.

He has built a school, speaks against police brutality, has a Black wife, Black family...can you imagine if all Black athletes followed his lead?

This is why I love Muhammad Ali, who made no mistake in telling the whole world that he was concerned with being BLACK. This is what Lebron has to do. Muhammad spoke loudly that his enemy was white supremacy. Nobody asked Muhammad to speak on the fighting in Belfast in the seventies.

They want to hold LeBron to a different, higher standard, in order to scare him away from using his platform.

I agree and think that's perfectly acceptable. But that's not what happened here. Lebron made some foolish comments about this situation that he shouldn't have

I agree and think that's perfectly acceptable. But that's not what happened here. Lebron made some foolish comments about this situation that he shouldn't have
His comments were addressing the hypocrisy of Morey not being dealt with by the commissioner. That is how all of this came about. If it were a player stating something like this? The ramifications may have been different, considering the amount of money being placed at risk. Since Morey OWNS the team, he had the leeway to be considered differently by the league. That is what LeBron was speaking to. However, people with an agenda, those that are pissed at LeBron speaking about anything that isn't basketball related, are going be a bit more disingenuous in their commentary.

He has built a school, speaks against police brutality, has a Black wife, Black family...can you imagine if all Black athletes followed his lead?

totally agree with what ur saying
but ur changing the argument

Morey is the Rockets general manager. He’s not the owner. Hell the Rockets owner got pissed at him from the comments he said on it.

totally agree with what ur saying
but ur changing the argument
This has been my position. I understood what LeBron was addressing. It came off wrong because people did not know of the confrontation LeBron had with Silver, about what Morey had done. Morey had the privilege to make a mistake. An average player does not have that privilege if he had made the same mistake.

This has been my position. I understood what LeBron was addressing. It came off wrong because people did not know of the confrontation LeBron had with Silver, about what Morey had done. Morey had the privilege to make a mistake. An average player does not have that privilege if he had made the same mistake.
MY point
is that i dont consider what morey said was a mistake
thats my only point
whether morey lebron or anybody else
had tweeted what he tweeted
that wasnt wrong or a mistake
the league is wrong for making it seem like it was a mistake
and its cool if u dont wanna stand by morey for what he said
but what he said wasnt wrong
and thats my only issue

MY point
is that i dont consider what morey said was a mistake
thats my only point
whether morey lebron or anybody else
had tweeted what he tweeted
that wasnt wrong or a mistake
the league is wrong for making it seem like it was a mistake
and its cool if u dont wanna stand by morey for what he said
but what he said wasnt wrong
and thats my only issue
I get it. In the eyes of the money, it was a mistake.

When was the last time Yao Ming said anything about Black people in america, being killed by police? I guess he chose the money side as well.

Lebron is a really smart dude... I just don't know why he touched this... and sounding so stupid in the process.
He spoke up because he is expected to speak on everything because he chose to speak on Somethings.

Again, he can't win.

I would tell him that he shouldn't feel pressured into speaking on anything and it is cool if he decides to sit some things out.

He spoke up because he is expected to speak on everything because he chose to speak on Somethings.

Again, he can't win.

I would tell him that he shouldn't feel pressured into speaking on anything and it is cool if he decides to sit some things out.
you're right but imo he likes to speak on these things and wants this spotlight
he's not the victim...he's a clout chaser

His comments were addressing the hypocrisy of Morey not being dealt with by the commissioner. That is how all of this came about. If it were a player stating something like this? The ramifications may have been different, considering the amount of money being placed at risk. Since Morey OWNS the team, he had the leeway to be considered differently by the league. That is what LeBron was speaking to. However, people with an agenda, those that are pissed at LeBron speaking about anything that isn't basketball related, are going be a bit more disingenuous in their commentary.

He said Morey was "only thinking about himself" and "wasn't educated on the situation". That sounds like a page straight from the Xi propaganda playbook.

And to follow that up with "could've waited a week to hit send". His comments are shocking in their ignorance and egocentricity. Very disappointing coming from someone like Lebron.

The league reprimanding any player, GM, owner, etc for comments like Morey's would be a horrible look. I'm not convinced that would be the case if it were a player who said it.

Back
Top Bottom