How do you follow up on an application without sounding too pushy?

How do you follow up on your application without sounding too aggressive or pushy? This is after I had an interview with them.

Oh, and I'm applying at a hospital, if that matters.

usually about a week, but no more than ten days. give them a call and just ask about the position, but be cool about it and relaxed. if you sound desperate,you might not get the job., but if you sound confident, and depending on how your interview went, you got a good chance
good luck man

did you get a business card from the person you interviewed with? If you know their email, you can always send them an email. Everybody checks their email.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I got the e-mail address. I'm going to send an e-mail.

Any keywords I should put in there?

I usually use the words "better" "hire" "me" "or" "else" in the same sentence with good result.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I got the e-mail address. I'm going to send an e-mail.

Any keywords I should put in there?

I usually use the words "better" "hire" "me" "or" "else" in the same sentence with good result.
I was thinking that exact same thing.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JayHood23

some employers be on that bull
I agree, I think some of the stuff is somewhat bull. I hope that sending thank you e-mails doesn't really separate the people who get hiredand those who don't.

just call and be like" this is .......... im just calling to find out the status of my job application." thats it worse they can say is we arekeeping your application on file for future openings. just call between the 7-10 day period. alot of jobs like that you follow up it shows character (atleastthats what they say)

I'm typing up an e-mail.... is saying this too little? It's short and to the point.
ohwell.gif

Hello _______,

I haven't heard anything yet and wanted to follow up on the status of my job application.

Thank you,

Back
Top Bottom