roll.gif
roll.gif

"Hey... what was that?"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dunks87

Originally Posted by parada45

Originally Posted by Weekend Girl

I guess stinky people become immune to their funk, so in a polite way maybe try asking your co-worker what type of deodarant or soap he uses, when he replies tell him it's not working. or let him know his right guard is to the left. This might hurt his feelings but you'll probably never smell an odor on him ever again or he'll quit out of anger or shame, it's a win-win for you and your co-workers either way.

I was thinking about putting together a gift basket for him with soap/deodorant/toothbrush/toothpaste etc and telling him it's from one of our clients
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I guess stinky people become immune to their funk, so in a polite way maybe try asking your co-worker what type of deodarant or soap he uses, when he replies tell him it's not working. or let him know his right guard is to the left. This might hurt his feelings but you'll probably never smell an odor on him ever again or he'll quit out of anger or shame, it's a win-win for you and your co-workers either way.

I was thinking about putting together a gift basket for him with soap/deodorant/toothbrush/toothpaste etc and telling him it's from one of our clients
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
thats what I did to my 8th grade science teacher....she was hellamusty!!!

BRICKS!!! ALL WHITE BRICKS!

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

Can he not smell himself?
Hell no, people that stink can't smell it because they are so used to the smell. Not even on some racist %!++, but I swear every Indian in East NY smells like full court basketball.

Wow,
laugh.gif
smh.gif

JR5

Agent Andre wrote:
Hell no, people that stink can't smell it because they are so used to the smell. Not even on some racist %!++, but I swear every Indian in East NY smells like full court basketball.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Mycoldyourdone wrote:
put like 10 plants around his office/desk...and if they die by lunchtime...he'll realize
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all been killin me lately.

But seriously, just tell him like "Hey ___, this seems kinda uncomfortable for me to tell you, but everybody has been complaining that you SMELL LIKE$%%#! WASH YO +!%!"

your best bet is to just tell him, because if you send out a memo to everyone, he'll be like that musty dude who always sniffs himself
sick.gif
and say "oh well it aint me"
smh.gif

when you tell him just be as forward as possible, and say that people have complained and that it would make the work day much easier if he addressed thesituation....

oh and make sure you touch his hand a few times.. he'll probably get all
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
and motivated to staysmellin good.

I wish people would tell me that I smell.

Don't keep it from me so that I can't do anything about it.

Couple of questions here.

How small is the company you work for?

If you have a Human Resources department, it's their responsibility to speak with him about this. You can be sued believe it or not if you handle this thewrong way. Your boss is a complete +*$+%@! for the answer he gave you too.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

If you have a Human Resources department, it's their responsibility to speak with him about this. You can be sued believe it or not if you handle this the wrong way. Your boss is a complete +*$+%@! for the answer he gave you too.
Very true ... after u told your boss they should have coordinated a small grouping detailing hygene and showing a short film on the importance ofmaintaining it.

Don't handle it yourself, it could become very problematic for you. Type up an email to your boss and CC his superior on it.

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

Hell no, people that stink can't smell it because they are so used to the smell. Not even on some racist %#%@, but I swear every Indian in East NY smells like full court basketball.

It's really that bad though
sick.gif
I've had moments where I really felt like I was about to pass out from the fumes while talking to him. He's a former athlete so you'd think he would know how to deal with odors/perspiration
smh.gif
tired.gif

He's Jamaican btw
well then if he's rastafari then it could be a cultural/religious thing and your boss could then be looking at a lawsuit if he asks him to usedeodorant and what not before coming to work.

The Dude who mentioned the full court ball and East NY.
It's true. It' true.
laugh.gif

Some cultures don't have deodorant as part of their hygiene/grooming regimen.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

FIRST B0RN wrote:

If you have a Human Resources department, it's their responsibility to speak with him about this. You can be sued believe it or not if you handle this the wrong way. Your boss is a complete +*$+%@! for the answer he gave you too.
Very true ... after u told your boss they should have coordinated a small grouping detailing hygene and showing a short film on the importance of maintaining it.

Don't handle it yourself, it could become very problematic for you. Type up an email to your boss and CC his superior on it.

The company I work for is fairly large (offices in 36 U.S. states and 4 Canadian provinces) but at this specific location there is no HR department. I waspromoted to management not too long ago and my boss/the owner is basically never here so I have to be proactive and use my own judgement to solve any problemsthat may arise.

I don't think he'll be here that much longer though
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom