How does everyone get new releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds like a stupid question, and it probably is. But anyway, I want to find out how to get releases right when they come out for retail price. I know of only 2 ways, either camping or from the Nike website. Camping has its obvious downsides, and everyone says it's either for hypebeasts or resellers.  I can see how the Nike website would work, but wouldn't the servers crash from everyone getting on at once? Has anybody done this before? I've also seen people say "do your homework and get them early". This seems to be either having connections or buying them off of B-Grade websites. Any help? 

Either wake up early and try your luck at online retailers (usually 8am), camp out at a local store, or make friends with an employee at a local store who can save you a pair. Those are really the only options. I used to be cool with a lady who worked at a store near me. She would let me buy the shoe I wanted on the Tuesday before it released. The store closed down like 2 years ago and without any other hookups/connects I just try to order them online on release day. I don't have the time for camping or trying to find another hookup. I wish I did, but that's just how life is :lol:.

Last edited:
you will hear it a million times, but timing and a good internet connection are all you really need. Theres gonna be times that you are unlucky, but thats how the majority of ppl are getting theirs

Last edited:
for a release i really want, ill try to secure a pair through a connect or if there doing raffle tickets get as many of those as i can, Do my HW on which sites will be releasing them, us and uk. and just be prepared when clock hits 5 am to add to cart on which ever site you pick, a fast internet connection and pc or mac that loads pages fast def does help. if you do you HW these days especially with all the UK sites its pretty hard to miss out

Bought raffle tix for yeezys got lucky and won. Stood in line for 3 hours to get guaranteed tix for the bred 11's. Won raffles for bred 4. Got guaranteed tix for the recent 5's by calling and asking. Woke up early and waited in line for fire reds even though I could've walked into the mall at 12 and got them. Everything else I got online before twitter links. Anything else I get I know from alerts of different sneaker websites and this forum.

This is a lot of work for some kicks but u have to do what u have to to get the kicks u want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom