How good can Tyreke Evans be?

He's highly skilled and physically dominant. That's a dangerous combination for a guy who is bigger than most 2 guards (his wingspan is just nojoke) but can still play a little point. We've always known he had the mentality to be star. I still believe he will be ROY this season-- Jennings iscoming back to earth, but Evans has so many tools.

Maybe his athleticism in terms of running/jumping isn't at an elite level, but guys this skilled and big hardly ever come around.

He has literally everything you would want from an offensive weapon, except for a consistent jumper. I feel like I have already seen that jumper improve. Hecan get streaky with it, though. I think he is better than Jennings, but don't know how many will agree with me on that.

I'm surprised he's been as efficient as he's been. I figured he be hovering around 40% from the field, but he's at a respectable 45%.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by yungmatt

superstar

Finally we can agree on a player!!!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I'm surprised he's been as efficient as he's been. I figured he be hovering around 40% from the field, but he's at a respectable 45%.
Unless he falls in love w/ his jumper, he's always going to shoot at an ok clip, because he can get to the rack for high % shots.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

He has literally everything you would want from an offensive weapon, except for a consistent jumper. I feel like I have already seen that jumper improve. He can get streaky with it, though. I think he is better than Jennings, but don't know how many will agree with me on that.
His game is more polished that is for sure. Is is ridiculous for someone his age to have such an advanced IQ and game.

I'll take Jennings though because he has that extra gear that seperates him from basically everybody else. His celing is certainly higher than Evans imo

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Unless he falls in love w/ his jumper, he's always going to shoot at an ok clip, because he can get to the rack for high % shots.
Word.
http://www.youtube.com/v/EFsDrMXQsUg?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/EFsDrMXQsUg?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/EFsDrMXQsUg?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/EFsDrMXQsUg?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

He has literally everything you would want from an offensive weapon, except for a consistent jumper. I feel like I have already seen that jumper improve. He can get streaky with it, though. I think he is better than Jennings, but don't know how many will agree with me on that.
His game is more polished that is for sure. Is is ridiculous for someone his age to have such an advanced IQ and game.

I'll take Jennings though because he has that extra gear that seperates him from basically everybody else. His celing is certainly higher than Evans imo

What???? Id like to hear how....

He will be a better shooter, quicker, faster, can get into the passing lanes better. Aside from his jump shot, I don't really see how'Reke will get a whole lot better. He is already so physically developed, dude is a bowling ball, he just barrells into the lane and uses his craftinessto score. Also I think BJ can develop into a true point guard with time, which will make him more valuable than 'Reke to me. They are both terrific,young guards but BJ has that "it" factor to me. He seems to leave it all out on the court.

He will be a better shooter, quicker, faster, can get into the passing lanes better. Aside from his jump shot, I don't really see how 'Reke will get a whole lot better. He is already so physically developed, dude is a bowling ball, he just barrells into the lane and uses his craftiness to score. Also I think BJ can develop into a true point guard with time, which will make him more valuable than 'Reke to me. They are both terrific, young guards but BJ has that "it" factor to me. He seems to leave it all out on the court.

BJ being a true point guard doesn't make him more valuable that Reke. If anything Reke is easily more valuable by being able to play 3 positions on offenseand defense. Plus dude's defense is already above average.
Reke's shooting % is better and only averaging 2 points less a game. His FT% is better, rebounds better, only averages 1 less assist per game and has ahigher efficiency rating.

I would take him over Jennings as well. I love BJs game, but Evans is more versatile. I think they are both going to be great, just 2 different styles.

Ehh I'm not going to say who I'd take between the two...all depends on what the rest of my team looks like. I'd love to see BJ in an uptempooffense with athletic wings + bigs around him. Milwaukee is god awful...it's a wonder they're even competitive which speaks testaments about how goodhe's been this season. I mean they have set plays for Luke Ridnour and Carlos Delfino...it doesn't get much worst than that.

Yea, I didn't mean to start a Jennings vs. Evans war. They will both be/already are very good players in this league. It does look like a weak draft still,but not as bad as some of those gurus were saying.

Coming from someone who has watched every single Kings game this year, I can give you a pretty good idea of where Reke is headed as a player in this league.

First off, this dude WILL win rookie of the year, no doubt in my mind. You can take that to the bank.

Tyreke has an incredible knack for getting to the rim. The guy can literally take ANYONE off the dribble and get to the hoop, and he'd only been in theleague for 6 weeks. His jumper is getting better by the game (this is coming from consistantly working on it every day after practice with Pete Carrill, whosaid this guy literally has no ceiling as a player). Already he is the BEST defender on the Kings, and his basketball IQ is off the charts for a 20 year old.

A big area for improvement I see for Tyreke is his finishing ability around the rim. Because of the aformentioned lack of total explosiveness, Tyreke usuallydoesn't dunkw hen finishing a play. This leads him to miss 1-2 easy layups a game which he should be finishing on. If he can get this problem worked out(its a problem that Jason Thompson has a well) and also work on improving his mid-range/threball, the kid will literally be unstopabble.

Go Kings, %#%* the Lakers.

Tyreke is fliud as ice. He will be allstar by next year if not this one. He got it all and I think he's better than Jennings right now. I picked dude up infantasy 4th round because I was a believer. Fragile Kmart needs to be traded because its the EVANS show in sacto

My friend is a kings fan, and their whole team is underrated. J Thomp, T Evans, n K Mart are great players. I agree Evans is a superstar but dwade light!? Noteven There is nobody who plays the game like flash. I would compare him more as a joe johnson if i had to pick a player he resembles.

Back
Top Bottom