How long can you keep a shoe DS before its too late to wear em?

i saw the thread on the spacejams that fell apart and got to thinking...i have a decent # of pairs i have yet to wear including B/R XI and cool grey XI bothdeadstock and tru blue III, cement III, military IV, stuff like that. i am worried that its been too long and i cant wear them now anyways even if i wantedto, without them crumbling. anyone have any ideas? or if i break them in around the house on carpet would that help any??

I've had a couple of '02 retros that I've just broken in this year for the first time.

White/Black Copper XVII & the Black/Red VII

No problems at all after 7 years.

I wear all of my shoes. I don't DS my kicks. Shoes are meant to be worn, so you should wear them as soon you get them. I don't understand how peoplekeep their shoes on "ice" for years. to me that's a waste because by the time you decide to wear them, the sole will crumble and the kicks aredestroyed. Wear Your Kicks!

Originally Posted by DR813

I wear all of my shoes. I don't DS my kicks. Shoes are meant to be worn, so you should wear them as soon you get them. I don't understand how people keep their shoes on "ice" for years. to me that's a waste because by the time you decide to wear them, the sole will crumble and the kicks are destroyed. Wear Your Kicks!

I don't see how people do it either.I don't have the patience to just let a shoe just sit for years.I guess some people just want to be able to saythey have a fresh pair of shoes that came out a couple of years ago when most peoples are ran down

^^^ i agree totally... i have a DS dmp 6/11 in ziploc air tight bags.. im just to nervous to wear them, . i dont think they will crumble..
its just they look so perfect i cant bring my self to wear them..
but as for the older OGs.. i would def wear them cause it wouyld be awful to have them crumble..

I dont see why half of NT has their shoes when they don't wear them. The only ones I keep DS are ones I have double of and thats one pair. Its stupid tohave all these shoes and dont wear them. Just look at half the collection posts.

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

I dont see why half of NT has their shoes when they don't wear them. The only ones I keep DS are ones I have double of and thats one pair. Its stupid to have all these shoes and dont wear them. Just look at half the collection posts.

I agree.

It's how you stored them..there's really no determined time period on when they'll crumble. If you kept them in a humid area, then most likelyit's done

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Originally Posted by DR813

I wear all of my shoes. I don't DS my kicks. Shoes are meant to be worn, so you should wear them as soon you get them. I don't understand how people keep their shoes on "ice" for years. to me that's a waste because by the time you decide to wear them, the sole will crumble and the kicks are destroyed. Wear Your Kicks!

I don't see how people do it either.I don't have the patience to just let a shoe just sit for years.I guess some people just want to be able to say they have a fresh pair of shoes that came out a couple of years ago when most peoples are ran down

sorry 4 postin again but. i cant do it either. theyre meant 2 b worn so y not. and mjfanati, i dont understand. if theyre fresh, u should 2 wear em, 2 show em off. ur not getting anything outof em but a waste of money

Originally Posted by mjfanatic

^^^ i agree totally... i have a DS dmp 6/11 in ziploc air tight bags.. im just to nervous to wear them, . i dont think they will crumble..
its just they look so perfect i cant bring my self to wear them..
but as for the older OGs.. i would def wear them cause it wouyld be awful to have them crumble..
me 2 they look so icey i cant wear them
happy.gif

If it's a pair of sneakers that I really love, then I wouldn't rock em' till a getting a second or third pair.

man, when i get a new pair, i can't wait to wear them. literally my first day routine is to:
1) put the shoes on asap
2) throw the box in the bin
3) go for a strut with a huge grin
happy.gif

even though no one else around me cares

i wear my kicks..feels sooooo good when they're on ur feet dude
smile.gif

just clean them after use, good storing, and they will last...my bred and jams still look like new.
just picked up a DS pair of columbias 01, unDSed them and they crumbled. so right now if i wanna buy some kicks, i would rather pick the VNDS other than DSones..

its a shoe..not a trophy

Originally Posted by moelest

smile.gif

just clean them after use, good storing, and they will last...my bred and jams still look like new.
just picked up a DS pair of columbias 01, unDSed them and they crumbled. so right now if i wanna buy some kicks, i would rather pick the VNDS other than DS ones..

its a shoe..not a trophy

word...i mean honestly...why would you buy a shoe that you aint gon wear...i just dont get it.
i cant stand when people got 5 pairs of one shoe and dont wear NONE of them...i mean damn...id rather you resell the *@*+ for a rape price then let it sit inyour closet and rot...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

smile.gif

just picked up a DS pair of columbias 01, unDSed them and they crumbled. so right now if i wanna buy some kicks, i would rather pick the VNDS other than DS ones..

its a shoe..not a trophy

word...i mean honestly...why would you buy a shoe that you aint gon wear...i just dont get it.
i cant stand when people got 5 pairs of one shoe and dont wear NONE of them...i mean damn...id rather you resell the *@*+ for a rape price then let it sit in your closet and rot...
smh.gif
It's a matter of not ever wanting to see them get old, or wrinkled, or beat up, etc. I always wore my AJs IMMEDIATELY after I bought them inthe '90s (though strictly for basketball on hardwood floors). Though I got great joy out of doing so, I'd cringe as they'd start to wrinkle andwear. I always wished they could be pristine forever. I haven't hooped in a long time (last Saturday was the first time in 7 or so years) due to somemessed up health issues I came down with around 7 years ago. When I bought my retro Vs in white/fire red, I told myself I'm not wearing these till I'mback in condition for basketball. Something to look forward to/encourage me to push myself to get better. Three years later, they're still sitting in mycloset, deadstock. Now that I'm slowly making my comeback, I decided I should break them out and wear them around the home. But even as I'm lovingthe nostalgia of doing that, I find myself thinking "oh no, the toe box is getting wrinkles already....". It's normal, but I can't help butfeel saddened when I see it happening. They're just so awe inspiring when they're mint and pristine that it's hard to watch them be taken by wearand tear, so I can understand the obsession by some not to ever wear them and see that happen.

11's dont crumble, they seperate. Its happened to me before as well. get them professionally repaired if it happens, they look brand new.

as for others? it depends on the shoe, I just wore a DS pair of 01 true blue's a couple weeks ago. 3's are tanks, they'll be good if you storethem. 99 4's seem to be more prone to crumble, but i bought a pair of black/red 99's deadstock this past august from a guy that knew what he was doingas far as storage. Wore them many times since then, all is well.

havent had anything crumble on me at all retro's fall apart on me.

Sad thing is, i wear a pair of CDP 4's as a sort of everyday shoe. The midsoles paint began to chip with the first few wears.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by MrWavez

smile.gif

its a shoe..not a trophy

i cant stand when people got 5 pairs of one shoe and dont wear NONE of them...i mean damn...id rather you resell the *@*+ for a rape price then let it sit in your closet and rot...
smh.gif
It's a matter of not ever wanting to see them get old, or wrinkled, or beat up, etc. I always wore my AJs IMMEDIATELY after I bought them in the '90s (though strictly for basketball on hardwood floors). Though I got great joy out of doing so, I'd cringe as they'd start to wrinkle and wear. I always wished they could be pristine forever. I haven't hooped in a long time (last Saturday was the first time in 7 or so years) due to some messed up health issues I came down with around 7 years ago. When I bought my retro Vs in white/fire red, I told myself I'm not wearing these till I'm back in condition for basketball. Something to look forward to/encourage me to push myself to get better. Three years later, they're still sitting in my closet, deadstock. Now that I'm slowly making my comeback, I decided I should break them out and wear them around the home. But even as I'm loving the nostalgia of doing that, I find myself thinking "oh no, the toe box is getting wrinkles already....". It's normal, but I can't help but feel saddened when I see it happening. They're just so awe inspiring when they're mint and pristine that it's hard to watch them be taken by wear and tear, so I can understand the obsession by some not to ever wear them and see that happen.
mmm...real talk...i respect that...but your not the people im talkin about...

like one of my homeboys said if he had the money for the yeezys he would buy em but he wouldnt wear em
smh.gif
...i was like you gon pay 700 bucks for something and let it sit in yo closet...dudesaid they were too clean
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

There's no one right answer. It depends on the shoe and also how they were stored.
Agreed, way of storing them is one of the main factors

hard to say...some shoes probably don't separate at all and some easily fall apart...

Back
Top Bottom