how many miles do you run a day?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I hate jogging, it's way too boring. Most I've done was like 4 miles before quitting out of boredom. If you pace yourself you can run as long as you want without feeling any discomfort.

Lifting weights/HIIT/Sprints/Playing Sports/Cardio while watching tv/Picking your nose > Jogging

you can't literally run as long as you want.. but your point is valid.

I think of running as a therapy kind of thing, personally.. and i think that's what many runners feel like. It's a good workout for the body, evenif it's not technically as good as a lot of other forms of exercise, but i think it's a better exercise for the mind.. it's a good time to clearyour head and be outside with just your thoughts or some music. I don't know, there's just something cool about setting goals for yourself andaccomplishing them, too.. It's just a hobby as much as it is exercise i guess.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I hate jogging, it's way too boring. Most I've done was like 4 miles before quitting out of boredom. If you pace yourself you can run as long as you want without feeling any discomfort.

Lifting weights/HIIT/Sprints/Playing Sports/Cardio while watching tv/Picking your nose > Jogging

you can't literally run as long as you want.. but your point is valid.

I think of running as a therapy kind of thing, personally.. and i think that's what many runners feel like. It's a good workout for the body, even if it's not technically as good as a lot of other forms of exercise, but i think it's a better exercise for the mind.. it's a good time to clear your head and be outside with just your thoughts or some music. I don't know, there's just something cool about setting goals for yourself and accomplishing them, too.. It's just a hobby as much as it is exercise i guess.

It's definitely more mentally difficult then sprints. It's so easy for me to lose focus when I was running XC and a lot harder for me to work pastmental difficulties like small cramps and fatigue.

last summer i ran about 2.5 miles a day. i cant run anymore though because i work like 10 hours a day now. i work outside so its a pretty good exercise though.i like it a lot though because it gives me a good tan and i get to see a couple of good looking chicks while im running
laugh.gif

can i ask how long and how hard it was to get to that kind of distance? I can do about 2-4 miles comfortable, depending on the day, before i really start crapping out.. I really would like to be able to do more distance, but i struggle to add more.. what kinda timeframe would i be looking at to get up to those types of miles?
keep in mind I was a pretty good Cross Country and track runner in high school, but it took me about 6 months to get up to that point afterrunning 30-35 miles a week in high school. Whatever you do do not force yourself to do a ton of miles and change your shoes often if you do. Im coming off mysecond stress fracture just getting back into it and im only running 4-5 right now trying to get back up. I hope to god I dont get another one right after Iget right around my peak again.

Originally Posted by ReignMan23

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

the only time i run now is when i play basketball. that's about 2-3 times a week.

i play ball 2-3 times a week too and i usually run right after. you're already in running mode so it's easy to bust 2 miles

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

can i ask how long and how hard it was to get to that kind of distance? I can do about 2-4 miles comfortable, depending on the day, before i really start crapping out.. I really would like to be able to do more distance, but i struggle to add more.. what kinda timeframe would i be looking at to get up to those types of miles?
keep in mind I was a pretty good Cross Country and track runner in high school, but it took me about 6 months to get up to that point after running 30-35 miles a week in high school. Whatever you do do not force yourself to do a ton of miles and change your shoes often if you do. Im coming off my second stress fracture just getting back into it and im only running 4-5 right now trying to get back up. I hope to god I dont get another one right after I get right around my peak again.

Yeah, i'm trying to add more miles every week.. but it's tough, somedays my legs just don't feel as good as others... I can only do about 15miles a week, max right now... It's kinda depressing because i want to do more ya know, but i've only been at this for about 6 weeks or so.. I guessit's just gonna take some time.

Yeah, i'm trying to add more miles every week.. but it's tough, somedays my legs just don't feel as good as others... I can only do about 15 miles a week, max right now... It's kinda depressing because i want to do more ya know, but i've only been at this for about 6 weeks or so.. I guess it's just gonna take some time.
do you run with anyone or with something like an Ipod? That usually helps me quite a bit.

some days i run and some days i do sprint interval training but when i do run its about 2 miles. like 3 x a week.
then 3 x a week for interval training. i hope to get up to the 3-4 mile range without struggling. but i like the interval
training. i feel a lot better after doing it. a lot more demanding than just running at a constant rate.

It's finally getting hot enough to run so I get about 1-2 miles a day. I get more when I'm in the mood or weather pertaining.

It's been recommended to change paces on a weekly basis so that you don't hit a plateau, is this true for running/jogging as well?

Right now it's 3-4 miles about five times a week with lifting also. By the end of the summer hopefully I'll be doing 6 a few times a week.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Right now it's 3-4 miles about five times a week with lifting also. By the end of the summer hopefully I'll be doing 6 a few times a week.
^same here, but without the liftiing right now. been slacking off the last month because of the weather, lol

Well, I'm a pretty big dude. I'm a heavy lifter, but when i was younger i used to be able to run for days. 6 minute miles like they were nothing (iknow, thats nothing to brag about) but now i struggle to just run one mile period. I might go on the bike for 10 minutes and do the stairs for another 10 but ijust can't run.
And i usually only get out on the tread mill once a week..or two.

i haven't ran in a while but i've been playing basketball
ohwell.gif

if i run tho, i usually just do 1.5-2 whenever i do, maybe 2-3 times a week. that was earlier in the year.

Back
Top Bottom