How much/how are you paying for college?

actually, i get paid to go to school. with grad school just a few months off, i'll be getting paid through that as well (although not very well).

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

^how are you getting paid to go to school?

FAFSA. I used to get $2,000 back every semester. And that's after everything, ie my books, tuition, parking permit, etc. It depends on yourfamily's income..some of my friends got back as much as $10,000 per semester. But this kid was special, his dad was handicapped from a war, and that gavehim a special privilege.
My financial aid ran out after 4 yrs, so now I'm paying $2,000 a semester for tuition, $150 for parking permit, and whatever the books cost to goto a Cal State University. For those wondering, I changed my major so it threw me back a year.

God Bless the Board of Governor's Waiver for California JCs.

But then again, I still owe SDSU close to $4Gs in loans.
sick.gif

i have to apply to scholarships yearly, my fafsa pays for only about half of what i need.

eh, my scholarships are more through my major and advisor than anything else. i don't really go out of my way to search for random ones online. my advisorprovides the people in my major with a lot of information about scholarships about opportunities for them. my school gets the 3rd most in grants out ofuniversities in the US ($1 billion annually), most of which goes to the science departments, and, indirectly passed down to students like myself.

you should look to your advisors as well, they usually have a lot of scholarship opportunities that people just are too lazy to apply to. i remember gettingabout $800 for this one scholarship, of which only 5 people applied
laugh.gif

i'd write a letter to bill gates to advance me 12,000$ a year, but i think he'd spend it on an African child.

My tuition is roughly around 30 thousand --BUT lol- my dad's job pays for everything, i mean everything. Thank God

No money coming out of my pocket neither my parents hahah.

i get paid as well to go to college... not cuz i got scholarships tho, cuz i go to a military academy...which i pretty much hate right now btw

Originally Posted by 18th letter

eek.gif
eek.gif

30 thousand thats for all 4 years right?

sometimes it's not. my brother (well, ok, my parents) pays 50k yearly to go to school out of state. his scholarships/fafsa pay less than 50% of that.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

^how are you getting paid to go to school?

FAFSA. I used to get $2,000 back every semester. And that's after everything, ie my books, tuition, parking permit, etc. It depends on your family's income..some of my friends got back as much as $10,000 per semester. But this kid was special, his dad was handicapped from a war, and that gave him a special privilege.
My financial aid ran out after 4 yrs, so now I'm paying $2,000 a semester for tuition, $150 for parking permit, and whatever the books cost to go to a Cal State University. For those wondering, I changed my major so it threw me back a year.
hell yea then. my dad got injured in the war so im guessing im all good for college?

I get paid to go to school, basically my scholarships and financial aid pays me for my tuition, books, supplies, transportation, and the best part personalexpense. I usually literally have 12K a yr for personal spending.

Back
Top Bottom