How one man brought FILA back from da dead. VOL chicks dig dad shoes

I think they are FUGLY, but they definitely made a comeback big time.

Here in the Dallas area, all the wgite chicks are wearing these. They are so bulky, but that's the style.

They are all over the malls, and I can see the appeal since they are readily available and inexpensive,

Not one of my favorite FILA models. I’m just glad to see FILA is flourishing once again. Do your research, back in the days FILA was one of the top dog brands the Mobsters, Hustlers, Rappers & other Celebrities rocked FILA… FILA also had a pretty nice roster of athletes like Grant Hill, Jamal Mashburn, Jerry Stackhouse, Chris Webber, Hersey Hawkins, Mike Powell, Riddick Bowe, Alberto Tomba, Monica Seles, etc.

2Pac wearing the FILA Grant Hill 2
2Pac.jpg

John Gotti Jr.
John Gotti Jr..jpg

Riddick Bowe & Jamal Mashburn
Riddick Bowe & Jamal Mashburn.jpg

I love FILA but don’t get it twisted. I also F with other brands Nike/JB, adidas, Reebok, Ewing, New Balance, etc. Gotta have that diversity :pimp:

They make it seem like dude was a janitor for the company who picked it up for pennies.

Definitely had his sights set on the right retro wave

I had the stack 2 and spaghetti stackhouse shoes growing up. Absolute trash quality. I remember the leather coming undone within weeks of wear along the upper.

I'd love to see a fila timeline. He had the company since 2007 but only recently started retros? He had the luxury to let the company stall for 7-8 years?

Ironic dressing. Like the nerd glasses trend in 09. Wonder what's next. All the college aged girls are wearing these with dresses and such.

They are more popular than they were in the 90s.

In small southern towns films were reserved for local small town people who couldn’t make it to the city and had to buy what was available at weiners. They had a couple of popular pairs tho.
I always thought they were fresh but I viewed it as dressing east coast. My homies bro in law was from the Bronx and swore by films.

Those specific shoes were never poppin. Just misguided generation z ers thinking they were hot back in the day. But broads love em

This goes for ALOT OF SHOES especially Jordan’s. Nobody really wore 1s. Shoes like maroon 6s, olive 9s, even 10s we’re not popular. I bought og cardinal 7s on a deep disco. I guess retro waves are different for a person who witnessed the original wave.

the shoes are absolutely hideous. Only appeal I could see is they could be comfortable heels because isn't it like a 3 inch sole or something? If you are a female over the height of 5'7 I don't get it. These are all over NY

This goes for ALOT OF SHOES especially Jordan’s. Nobody really wore 1s. Shoes like maroon 6s, olive 9s, even 10s we’re not popular. I bought og cardinal 7s on a deep disco. I guess retro waves are different for a person who witnessed the original wave.
When the 1's came out they were hot. Just not many could or were ready to drop $60 on a basketball shoe.

Smart man.
I love when companies re-brand themselves.
Another notable company is Champion

they always been hot in NYC, supreme gave em that national stamp thou.

and Fendi Validated Fila something crazy, whoever was behind that collab, bravo

The Champion resurgence is crazy to me. The fact that you can be wearing champion and be stunting is nuts. Just imagine 10 years ago that some grey champion sweatpants with the cuffed bottom would be considered fresh :lol:. Yea the pointy hoods were always poppin (I had a few) but every thing else was something you’d buy at Olympia sports to wear to gym class

Back
Top Bottom