How one man brought FILA back from da dead. VOL chicks dig dad shoes

The Champion resurgence is crazy to me. The fact that you can be wearing champion and be stunting is nuts. Just imagine 10 years ago that some grey champion sweatpants with the cuffed bottom would be considered fresh :lol:. Yea the pointy hoods were always poppin (I had a few) but every thing else was something you’d buy at Olympia sports to wear to gym class
yeah it's wild. I still have old champion hoodies that I picked up at Footaction for like $20 a pop
I dyed a white one bright yellow and it's like something you'd pay 3x as much for now

my boy sent this in our group chat some time last year and i've been trying to find it ever since :lol:

only in 85'.

in 94 they were 19.99 tie wrapped on bins.
Even the 99 fours sat around. And I was young in 85 but I remember big tongue cons and Reebok’s being hotter than ones. David letterman and the whole banned thing lit a fire they would Jordan benefit from later. The ones didn’t actually see that themselves. They were more like the lighter fluid

74507A32-A0DC-4341-A9AF-2413D6814390.jpeg

Good amount of college girls I saw last weekend were rocking clunky Fila's.

I've never owned a pair of Fila and never will. I've only had Fila headbands.

and those big Fila that chicks were wearing last summer were awful looking. I was glad they seemed to be off that.

I've never owned a pair of Fila and never will. I've only had Fila headbands

id kill for a new pair of basketball fila runballs....i i bought a DS pair years ago and ain't last 3 steps before they crumbled...

95-96 grant hills with windbreakers ...good money ...idk how they made now as far as sizing but was cut bigger back then ..mess with the kevin johnson filas & stackhouses as well...fila gear they been releasing nowadays (sweatshirts,windbreakers) is good money ..them diesel kicks posted above is a no go

Fila is a 1 hit wonder of the sneaker world ****s is beyond trash in my book. Even when they were hot I was out, but yall have fun convincing yourselves they fly :lol:

Fila is a 1 hit wonder of the sneaker world ****s is beyond trash in my book. Even when they were hot I was out, but yall have fun convincing yourselves they fly :lol:

Wildin' with this comment. They had market share and global presence up until the '00s. Lost their way for almost a decade.

Good to see something other than some overpriced, low quality Nike/Jordan products being worn.

I remember FILA on the futbol jerseys. Once jerry stackhouse and grant hill debuted the basketball shoes the apparel came afterwards briefly. I feel the grant hill line would have been more than decent had he not got injured.

Champion was at the lower desired group, however Champion made nba jerseys so the brand had some credit.

but now, it's different. both FILA and Champion are more popular than Reebok, NB, SACUNY, ASICS PUMA and the other 'second tier' brands.

ryda421 ryda421 Have a tough time recalling any of their movements after signing Grant Hill and his injuries definitely hurt their marketing. Surprised they never went for any other major stars after him.

I do remember their F-XX (or similar) shoe being popular in the early '00s when AF1 was popping but that was short lived.

Wildin' with this comment. They had market share and global presence up until the '00s. Lost their way for almost a decade.

Good to see something other than some overpriced, low quality Nike/Jordan products being worn.
Man must be too young to remember the late 80s-late 90s. Fila designs from those times were dope. Everybody had them.
:lol: both of yall wilding with the comments. IN MY BOOK. Meaning I never liked em even when they had a following. If you liked or like them cool, ****s always been mad booty to me .

Back
Top Bottom