HOW TO MAKE AVATARS! 2 Complete Guides! 56k NO!!!

Still working on mine >:
mad.gif

thx bayarea, everything worked out fine, care to post how to make borders and text? :lol:
laugh.gif

ive always wondered how to make avy's

Why do you make it so hard? Heres what I use and it takes about 1/3 of the time it takes to make them like you do.

1. Open video file with windows movie maker (start/programs/accessories/windows movie maker) cut out the parts you want.(5-8 seconds of video unless you are real good at compression) save as an AVI file on your desktop.

2. Open file with Adobe imageready and it will cut out every other frame for you. Resize and crop untill you get down to 60x60, Once you get it down to about 110-120 frames, then use these settings :

1.JPG

You may have to add some lossy or fiddle with it and it shows you in the image window how big your file size will be.

Doing it this way takes me no longer than 4 minutes and you don't have to worry about the adware/spyware bundled with all the software above.

grittyman: bayarea thought me also how to make avatars(sig)

when u converted the file with winmpg it made that.on the video. bc its a trial version.

a thing he forgot was go to www.freeserials.com and u can make most all trial software the real version

Aight i added how to make borders...all thats left is how to add text....thatll be next...

but to answer some questions...
Quote:
<---My first attempt, but how do I get rid of that stupid writing?
yes poet laurette answered the question..i just didnt add it cuz i wasnt sure if it was acceptable on NT....but do what he said and go to that site..youll figure out the rest...

Quote:
Why do you make it so hard? Heres what I use and it takes about 1/3 of the time it takes to make them like you do.
ummm.....if you actually read what i put....the directions arent hard at all....it may look long.....but its cuz i try and explain every detail so theres no room for error
your way may be quicker or whatever.....but thats my way....and thats the only way i knew how to explain it...if youd like to help out..id appreciate it much

Quote:
I might got some stuff to add to this...good stuff Bay. I can make borders with Ulead, but they can't be very complex.
yea i appreciate any contribution...if you do got somethin to add..IM me or PM me so i can add it to the first page so it all looks uniform..since thats the first part theyll see when they go in the post...ill put your name on the area just so you get your credit too 8)
glasses.gif

:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

AIM - BayAreaJs | Yahoo IM - BayAreaJs | Email - [email protected][/b]

8)
glasses.gif
Great post..

Now people can stop asking to make one for them

*cough* Henz0 *cough* :lol:
laugh.gif

[/center]

I just can't take avatars this serious.

You're worse with avatars than I was with sigs last year.

TeLaNig SIG CREW!
[/b]​

Thanks...I'm about to try to make one.

*EDIT...It came out ok for my first try I guess.

thats very long and helpful, your effort is mos def comendable, but you do need to get a life. I mean come on, that how long did that take you? So may print screens and then explanations fort each thing and not to mention doing it in the first place.

This should go in the archives though
no one does the ipod thing for free so........do one for me and ill paypal you 20 bucks!

heres the link to my ipod referral:
Ipod
Email [email protected]

Quote:
but you do need to get a life
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
...fall back man....you dont even know me....dudes on here that really know me, know what im about.....believe me...i got a life

Quote:
I mean come on, that how long did that take you? So may print screens and then explanations fort each thing and not to mention doing it in the first place.
lets see...the main part took a half an hour and the border and tag tutorials took about 15 minutes each...you do the math....thats an hour in total...over the span of 2 days...... >D
grin.gif
.............yea...im sure this really affected my social life that much >D
grin.gif
......quit worryin bout the next man

but its whatever....thanks for uppin the post 8)
glasses.gif

AIM - BayAreaJs | Yahoo IM - BayAreaJs | Email - [email protected][/b]

my first attempt at making a avatar

juelznt.gif

anyway to make it look like clearer its looks weird as my avatar but looks normal when I posted it :\
ohwell.gif

Shadi, the problem with yours is that it's 60 x 37, not 60 x 60, therefore making it stretched out.
[table][tr][td]

tLn
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]E-MAIL[/td][td]AIM[/td][td]BLOG[/td][td]AVATARS[/td][/tr][/table]​

Back
Top Bottom