How to spot FAKE new eras vol. other counterfeit info

Hey all,
if anyone is interested/if anyone doesnt know how yet, i stumbled across this surfing the newspaper online this morning.
http://www.thestar.com/counterfeiting
theres a short clip about new era hats and then some other links about counterfeit goods.

edit: while trying to look for other resources, i googled and found this on the hypebeast.com forum, can anyone confirm if these pictures are valid? one thingto note is that the same style hat is not compared so could there be a difference in models of new era hats or are they ALL the same (just different designs).Any new era hat experts?
(Validation of spotting fakes regarding hats pictured pending confirmation, this is NOT a guide)

my mom copped a fake Yankee Fitted for my brother once...The guy on the MLB logo look anorexic, and his bacc looked mad long and they stichin was disgustin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NYelectric

That was not very informative.

yea that is exactly what i thought too, but I mean, I wouldnt have known to be honest. But its a start on what to look out for.

funny thing is that ugly 'NY' hat from King stampede looks like an ugly counterfeit you can find on a mall kiosk yet people sweat it.

Originally Posted by DCStylez

What's the point of getting something fake thats only like $30
sick.gif

Not everyone can just drop $30 bucks on a baseball cap . . . . I can afford it, but its a waste imo. Only time you need a hat is in the winter time, orgoing to a baseball game
eyes.gif

and dont buy from cmlsports on ebay. they sell fake new eras from supreme, hundreds etc. i learned the hard way but thank god got my money back

^ and holograms are only for licensed teams, not customs or collabs.

but the video that shows the embroidery was some good info.

This is a horrible guide, Because no two New Eras are the same.
Exactly. I got some NE's from CC and the stitching isn't always perfect. These are mass produced items so your not going to get the bestof bunch, it just depends on whether you inspect them first before purchasing.

^^ i never said it was a guide. I wanted confirmation on those pics as a guide. But the video of the embriodery info is legit info.

A lot of dudes have fake fitteds out here in Houston. It's sad. I've actually seen a few in the mall and in other random spots. They LOOK fake. Juststick to legit retailers and you'll be good with the fakes. They also sell them in corner stores down here.

Who cares.

If you're paying $35 for a New Era hat and another dude pays 5 for a "fake" one what's the problem?
From afar nobody can tell the difference and whose going to demand that dude take of his hat in order for it to be inspected?
laugh.gif

There is a diff. in workmanship and quality but honestly, do you believe that the vast majority of people will own an individual New Era hat for more than afew years. All told, if the fake hat is taken care of properly it'll last just as long as a New Era for those few years.

Maybe if ,amufacturer's such as New Era wouldn't price their wares so exorbitantly and customers wouldn't be foolish enough to overspend so easilythan the counterfeiting business would be much smaller.

^A good point...but it kinda goes that way with all high end items (Gucci, Prada, Jordans, Polo, All those $300 jeans)...I don't cop fakes myself...I wouldfeel like a fraud...but you can almost kinda see how someone would...

Back
Top Bottom