How Well Does Your College/University Rank?

According to Times Higher Eduation:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/hybrid.asp?typeCode=438
[table][tr][td]
2009_rank.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_02.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_01.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_04.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_05.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_06.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_07.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_08.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_09.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_10.gif
[/td] [td]
Top200_11.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]29[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]University of Toronto[/td] [td]Canada[/td] [td]100[/td] [td]96[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]85.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

pimp.gif

in like 8th grade I had my mind set on going to Cambridge....didn't work out to well

If your school isn't an elite university or Ivy, take those lists for granted. Each university has its specialties.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

That list is awful.
care to elaborate?
I mean, my (old) avy and sig probably suggest that I'm salty about UVA being in the 100s, but schools like Tufts, Georgetown, Vandy and UVAare ranked in the 100s while schools like Penn State (no bashing, but generally Penn State isn't considered a "better" school, maybe sports butnot academically) are higher up than them. I'm just saying, schools like those are considered VERY good worldwide, why they that low? *kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

That list is awful.
care to elaborate?
I mean, my (old) avy and sig probably suggest that I'm salty about UVA being in the 100s, but schools like Tufts, Georgetown, Vandy and UVA are ranked in the 100s while schools like Penn State (no bashing, but generally Penn State isn't considered a "better" school, maybe sports but not academically) are higher up than them. I'm just saying, schools like those are considered VERY good worldwide, why they that low? *kanye shrug*

i think a lot of people have sports in their minds (not saying you) so when they hear NORTH CAROLINA, they immediately think of MJ and think it's a greatschool.
what im trying to say is it might tweak their perception

12th on USNEWS. That Times list is complete bull. Why does International Staff matter so much?? All American schools getting killed by that.

laugh.gif
You'll have to go way further than 200 I'm sure. Avery Johnson played ball here though before transferring to Southern.

There's something to be said about the fact that American schools are judged so poorly by the international community.

Boston University is the 54th ranked college in the nation? McGill sits at 20th? How is this list even formulated? I've seen better rankings in the 22ndround of a 12-team fantasy NFL draft.

Back
Top Bottom