How You Really Gonna Deny The Greatness Of This Album (Vol. Why You Hate The Game?)

This the rebirth of Dre...
The rebirth of L.A...
Tthe rebirth of hip-hop...
Another memorial for Makaveli and Big Pop...

This album gets enormous amount of unwarrented hate... I know its a rather popular thing tohate on Game for many different reasons...

Most cats will say his name dropping or whatever, but the majority of rappers rape about more or less the same thing throughout their careers, the only thingthat may change is their flow from time time and sometimes the beat... He gets a bum rap, but all he's done is put out SOLID music... IMO this is one ofthe BEST debut albums in recent hip hop history...

He put the flag down for the West Coast... They had been absent more or less since Pac passed (outside of the underground scene)...

But if you go song for song, theres no denying the greatness... The production for one is EASILY top 5 THIS decade... Lyrically its up to par with the bestalbums of this decade... And MUSICALLY its near flawless... The closer an artist works with Dre the better the product end up being...

How You Really Gonna Deny The Greatness Of This Album??

Kudos for posting the same video 4 times.

Album is piff though, no question.

Runnin'
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Westside Story
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Higher
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

How You Really Gonna Deny The Greatness Of This Album

Easy, just go listen to the Prelude...................

"%#@@*'s beats is bangin, %#@@* your hooks did it
Your lyrics didn't, your gangsta look did it"

I don't respect dude for all the I got beef with you, oh now I don't, then come back and throw more shots mess. I wouldn't waist my time listeningto his music.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Doesn't apply... No one should deny the rapping ability of The Game...

Lyrically speaking he does his thing... Its not just being able to rhyme, theres A LOT of depth on this album
- "Dreams"
- "Hate It Or Love It"
- "Don't Need Your Love"
- "Start From Scratch"
- "Runnin"
- "Like Father Like Son"

You mean to tell me he didn't display any lyrical talent and depth on those tracks??

Furthermore I'd personally take this album over ANYthing Jay has dropped this decade (other than Blueprint)...

blacklion23 wrote:

I don't respect dude for all the I got beef with you, oh now I don't, then come back and throw more shots mess. I wouldn't waist my time listening to his music.
So you're gonna deny a truly great album because you don't like a guys personality??
eyes.gif
... Do you remember 2Pac's VIBE interview when he was lockedup?? Ddid you use that same way of thinking when approaching his music after that point??

Cats just wanna discredit the Game... Say what you want about him as a man... The MAJORITY of the music he has put out has beenGREAT.

This album is great, but i'll always have that feeling that what it could've been is greater. Definitely one of the best of the decade though

^dope album like u said...first thought lookin at those songs u posted tho...was "man those beats was raw"... "Dont need ur Love" was thattrack
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

^dope album like u said...first thought lookin at those songs u posted tho...was "man those beats was raw"... "Dont need ur Love" was that track
pimp.gif
Deffinetly one of my favs off the album... Its ironic that he got Faith Evans to sing over a track that sampled Mary J Blige...

The line up of this album from the production to the features was all AMAZING... I mean this was suppose to be Detox

Didnt 50 write like half the album?
laugh.gif

Yea... And?? That was HIS artist, he was suppose to help him out... Much like he did for Buck & Banks...

Its no secret, you can tell what songs 50 had his hand in writing...

No one should deny the rapping ability of The Game...

Are you serious?? As far as pure lyrical skills go Game is average at best. Now I'm not saying he's got to be a great lyricst but Game is just decentat what he does. Game is one of those type of rappers that need a crutch in order to make it, whether its a great beat from a great producer or a guestfeature, or even to having a hit record pratically given to me. The bottomline is Game can't do it on his own. I won't even speak on the namedropping aspect of him.

No one should deny the rapping ability of The Game...

Are you serious?? As far as pure lyrical skills go Game is average at best. Now I'm not saying he's got to be a great lyricst but Game is just decent at what he does. Game is one of those type of rappers that need a crutch in order to make it, whether its a great beat from a great producer or a guest feature, or even to having a hit record pratically given to me. The bottomline is Game can't do it on his own. I won't even speak on the name dropping aspect of him.

So you're gonna hold it against him because he knows how to pick a GREAT beat from an AWFUL one?? No one is saying he's the next Rakim but he isn'tCoolio either... He makes GOOD music...

Game displays a level of depth in his music that you don't hear in the music of rap veterans... As I always say, certain rappers make music for thesurface, then you have artists that make music for the soul... Game puts a lot into his music, and its a no wonder he continues to make SOLID material... Withno signs of slowing down...

The mojority of rappers music is gonna be make or break depending on the producers they work with... If he's gonna get thrown in the box as someone whorelys on his production, let that standard be for everyone...

Game will always be trash when it comes to making anything but diss records to me. Nothing on this album impresses me. Dude is super average on the mic.

Beats were great on this album. If only somebody else were rapping over them.

Game the rapper just comes off lame to me, especially in his rhymes.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Game will always be trash when it comes to making anything but diss records to me. Nothing on this album impresses me. Dude is super average on the mic.

Beats were great on this album. If only somebody else were rapping over them.

Game the rapper just comes off lame to me, especially in his rhymes.

hihater.jpg

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Doesn't apply... No one should deny the rapping ability of The Game...

Lyrically speaking he does his thing... Its not just being able to rhyme, theres A LOT of depth on this album
- "Dreams"
- "Hate It Or Love It"
- "Don't Need Your Love"
- "Start From Scratch"
- "Runnin"
- "Like Father Like Son"

You mean to tell me he didn't display any lyrical talent and depth on those tracks??

Furthermore I'd personally take this album over ANYthing Jay has dropped this decade (other than Blueprint)...

blacklion23 wrote:

I don't respect dude for all the I got beef with you, oh now I don't, then come back and throw more shots mess. I wouldn't waist my time listening to his music.
So you're gonna deny a truly great album because you don't like a guys personality??
eyes.gif
... Do you remember 2Pac's VIBE interview when he was locked up?? Ddid you use that same way of thinking when approaching his music after that point??

Cats just wanna discredit the Game... Say what you want about him as a man... The MAJORITY of the music he has put out has been GREAT.
I respected you opinion up until you said you would take this over the blueprint, honestly black album> this. but back to the topic at hand,this cd should be a certified classic, i played this $!% so much that it broke lol but with that being said game makes solid albums, even lax was a decentalbum doods just hate for no reason

laugh.gif
I'll be a hater then
Spoiler [+]
Why you wanna rap?
Why you wanna rhyme?
Every time I turn around and everywhere I go
Someone that I run in to or even dudes I know
They tell me that they feel what I'm doing, like my flow
But they got the next motherf**ker bout to blow (Damn)
Then they pull the CD out that looks like they made it on bootleg, photoshopped
The name all faded on the disk, cuz they wrote it in marker
They tell me take it and listen and I'm suppose to be honest?
So if I hate it can I tell you? or will I be a hater, that's the catch
If you tell cats they should stop then that's whack
But you know this person is not suppose to rap
So why would you encourage it? What they drinking Corrigan?
The morning with his breakfast is such a damn shame
Everyday somebody jumps in the rap game
And now when we see you gotta pop champagne
You gotta be fresh to death with a big %#@ chain
That's pressure dog
Now why you want that?
I tell people dream but I tell em fall back
See I don't tell dudes they should write 16s
So they can get cream, when you sound like crap
Am I a hater? (Uh huh)
Am I hater? (That's right)
I guess Maino saying hi to me (Hi hater)
But dude why you wanna rap?
Why you wanna rhyme?
If you stop that's fine with me
It's just too many, it's just too many MCs
I know you like he's weak and he's gettin it
Doesn't mean it's cool for you
I'm a d_, this is a song I'm a fool for doin
And that's why they diss me
But I still refuse to sit here and say nothing
Just cuz you use ya tools, and you a gangsta?
Or you hit the block or ya money real long
You know n_'s in the box
Cuz you ride a bike, then I should like you? That makes you hot?
I don't know think there's much I can say to make you stop (Please?)
If you have a homeboy, homegirl, or a friend (Uh huh)
You might have a parent or spouse to recommend (What?)
That they hear this song and it might just offend them
But things like this help people in the end (Uh huh)
And if they get mad then say you was just pretending, you were joking
You just like that song cuz Sha went in
Myspace got folks thinking they can win
Tom gon always have that silly grin
And you gon lose man
Why you wanna rhyme?!!
Don't you gotta kid?
Aint ya son 9?
Don't you got some shh you can do to kill ya time?
You busy trying to come up with the hottest lines
Don't you gotta wake up early for ya 9-5
One day you gonna wake up and you gon be 95
Too many, its too many
Just too many, too many

So you're gonna hold it against him because he knows how to pick a GREAT beat from an AWFUL one??
I'm not holding it against him, I'm just pointing out the obvious as I see it. Take away the great beats and some of the guest featuresand you got a rapper that hardly anybody would cares about.

He makes GOOD music...
If he makes GOOD music then how is this album GREAT??

Back
Top Bottom