HTC Touch Pro Vol. I don't care if it's been posted..

If this report is true, goodbye Mogul..
The HTC Touch Pro was not unveiled at the May 6, 2008 event in London, but here it is announced by

HTC today - June 3, 2008.Overview of the HTC Touch ProAt the heart of the Touch Pro is essentially the HTC Diamond with a slide-out five row QWERTY keyboard. The Touch Pro targets power user requiring a physical keyboard for easier text entry in case the virtual keyboard is too difficult to use.

The Touch Pro features HTC's innovative TouchFLO 3D, a new touch-sensitive control for device interaction, broadband-like speeds with HSDPA 7.2 Mbps and HSUPA wireless connectivity. Unlike the Diamond, the Touch Pro sports a much larger battery capacity of 1350mAh allowing for up to 8 hours of talk time and a microSD memory card slot. Other features include 512MB flash, 288MB RAM, GPS capabilities, 2.8-inch VGA touch screen and 3.2-megapixel camera equipped with video calling.

"The HTC Touch Pro and Touch Diamond have created a new generation of HTC touch devices that make the promise of the one-hand, one-touch mobile Internet a reality," said Peter Chou, president and CEO, HTC Corp. "HTC Touch Pro is for those customers that demand the ease of use and enjoyment of TouchFLO[sup]TM[/sup] 3D and want the styling of the Touch Diamond but also need the powerful mobile business experience that HTC delivers."

Availability

The HTC Touch Pro will be available to customers across all major European, Asian and the Middle East markets in late summer. The North American and Latin American versions of Touch Pro will be available later in 2008.

The Touch Accessories store is the one stop shop for everything HTC accessories. Make sure to drop by and check it out when you get your very own HTC Touch Diamond.

large1.jpg

large2.jpg

large3.jpg

large4.jpg

large5.jpg

large6.jpg

large7.jpg

large8.jpg

what carrier?

does it offer a windows mobile suite?

how does it compare to the tilt in size...the main parameter of concern being thickness?

im ready to pay retail for this *#+@ I dont even care, got my SERO touch after Christmas, but this thing is fuego

I'm still rolln strong with my 6700 haha, it's going to be exactly the same size as the phone I got. Doesn't seem that appealing without anyinternal memory in my opinion. The functions are exactly the same just in a shiny black case, while the diamond on the other hand has four gigs. Either wayit's not enough for me to stay with sprint I'm tired of gettn around with an ipod and a phone, so you already know what I'm looking forward totomorrow!

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Yea, I'll be all over that.

I'm pretty sure you've got all the info on this.. will it be available for Sprint?

Nah, I don't be knowing #*%* about phones. I learned about Sero on here, or was it Slickdeals. I just know that's twice the RAM memory as ourmoguls and I'mma need that for Skyfire and the black is sexier than this brushed metal color.

found this scouring the internet.

Courtesy of PC World

Taiwan's High Tech Computer launched its latest Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone, the Touch Pro, on Wednesday and I got a chance to try out the new phone at HTC's office in Taipei.

The strongest impression I took away was of the bright, crisp screen on the handset but the device, which was a late model prototype, was built well and easy to hold.

From the front the phone looks much like the Touch Diamond that was launched last month but with the two in my hand it was obvious that the Touch Pro is thicker. The reason is a slide-out QWERTY keyboard that appears from the back of the phone and makes for a much easier way of typing. Each of the keys is beveled so that there's an obvious distinction between each one -- a handy feature on a keypad that's relatively small.

But despite its small size the well contoured keyboard and predictive text input system meant that the first sentence I typed on the Touch Pro came out perfectly -- something that can't be said for every smartphone I've ever tried.

The keyboard has been improved from previous models with a fifth row of number keys above the main keyboard. Personally, I hate having to hold down a shift or function key to tap out numbers on smartphones so the number row is a welcome addition.

The phone felt solid and well made and the phone's body slid smoothly when the keyboard was pulled out. It wasn't so heavy that it weighed on my hands when typing -- another occasional problem on smart phones that restricts use. HTC says it weighs 165 grams.

The 2.8-inch LCD (liquid crystal display) screen was a pleasure to look at. It has VGA resolution (640 pixels by 480 pixels) so the images appear very sharp and text looks superb. Strong colors enhanced the screen image.

I didn't get a chance to try out many of the productivity functions on the phone but they shouldn't be too different from other Windows Mobile devices.

As for the two big questions: how much will it cost and when will it be launched; HTC had no comment on the first but said it will be available from August in major markets worldwide.

I don't like the fact that its thicker...the question is by just how much?

(EDIT): never mind, found it. 18.05 mm thick. To put it in perspective, its roughly 60% thicker than the HTC diamond that it's modeled after (11.5 mm),and only about 1 mm thinner than a TILT. Too thick in my opinion.

Also it weights 165 grams, where as the Diamond weighs just 110.

I'd love for somebody to come with a full QWERTY phone that can run in the 14-15 mm range. I know its wishful thinking though.

i like this phone alot but with my contract ending this month and me being the kinda guy i am, i'm not capable of waiting for it to drop
it's either the instinct or the 3g iphone for me

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

(EDIT): never mind, found it. 18.05 mm thick. To put it in perspective, its roughly 60% thicker than the HTC diamond that it's modeled after (11.5 mm), and only about 1 mm thinner than a TILT. Too thick in my opinion.

Are you kidding me? That's about the same as the Mogul. The hell.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom