Huarache 2K4's retro please!

how did you get them for $50?
i wont pay a dime over that and i kinda want them even though i hate mids
For ball, I am thoroughly convinced I will find nothing better. They are currently $60 on finishline.com, I'm assuming he used a coupon. And they are well worth that price for performance. 

When the 2k4s were designed, Nike combined elements of their best technology in basketball in their entire existence. The only gripe I have about these retros is the velcro strap. Other than that, they are on point performance wise. And this is coming from a HUGE 2k4 head. Cushioning is very very nice, Very cushy but still firm when you need it to be

60 aint bad, might cop me a pair, ive seen the red ones which look similar to the YOTS at hoh for 70(i think)

For ball, I am thoroughly convinced I will find nothing better. They are currently $60 on finishline.com, I'm assuming he used a coupon. And they are well worth that price for performance.

When the 2k4s were designed, Nike combined elements of their best technology in basketball in their entire existence. The only gripe I have about these retros is the velcro strap. Other than that, they are on point performance wise. And this is coming from a HUGE 2k4 head. Cushioning is very very nice, Very cushy but still firm when you need it to be

This is the truth. I had an original pair that I copped from eBay like 3 years ago. I slept on them because the cushioning wasn't as bouncy as I had hoped. Then, I started playing in them a little more, and I started liking these even more than my OG 2k5's. The cushioning is perfect because its not too soft and not too hard. Its perfect for people who can jump because its like getting an extra boost when jumping. Combine that with the carbon fiber spring plate in the forefoot, and these things are like springs (once broken in).

I hate that they cheaped out on the Velcro strap on the retro. I had to tear the velcro off and stich my own on the straps. Other than that, these are my favorite hoop shoes.

I've even held off on buying the Kobe 8 because I only want to play in shoes with full length carbon fiber spring plates.

Is the YOTS a sign we will see more 2K4s this year? I hope so and I hope Nike retros the Black/Grey pair.

I kind of stopped using these for a bit since they felt really heavy compared to the zk5 and zk6.
Not to mention breathability is sub par and dead space around the toe area is a hassle. Don't
get me wrong, I love playing in these, but once you get back on the newer shoes, you'll know.

I kind of stopped using these for a bit since they felt really heavy compared to the zk5 and zk6.
Not to mention breathability is sub par and dead space around the toe area is a hassle. Don't
get me wrong, I love playing in these, but once you get back on the newer shoes, you'll know.
Yea, I kind of know what you mean. I love the Kobe 5 and 4 that I have, but I still love playing in the 2k4s over them is because they feel more solid underfoot, which I contribute to the full length carbon fiber spring plate. Ever since I played in the 2k5, I couldn't put my finger on why I just seemed to get more lift and moved quicker when playing in shoes with spring plates, but after seeing them torn apart I understood. The Kobe low tops, while still offering ok Zoom Air cushioning, feel kind of spongy and soft underfoot in comparison. I move definitely move a lot quicker when dribbling and running in the Kobe low tops, but I also move quick in the 2k4s, while getting an extra kind of "push" when I jump in them, and they take impact better IMO because they're not as soft and the full length spring plates distributes forces better.

I am extremely tempted to pick up the Kobe 8s because I think Lunarlon will be good for my knees and back, but I really wish they used more than just a little shank plate shoved underneath the midfoot of the shoe. I know they're going with using only what you need to eliminate weight, but I don't think full length carbon fiber would add too much weight.

I

So just to be clear, for everyone commenting on how awesome these are to hoop in, we're talking about the retros, right? I'm in serious need of some quality basketball shoes (I'm thoroughly convinced that my '06 Retro AJ Vs that I've been forced to wear the last few months are the reason my feet, ankles, achilles, etc are messed up right now). I stumbled across this thread, and read all the rave reviews of the performance and comfort of these shoes, but I also know how Nike retro quality has been, so I want to make sure it is the retros we're referring to/they're on par with the originals for performance/comfort.

So just to be clear, for everyone commenting on how awesome these are to hoop in, we're talking about the retros, right? I'm in serious need of some quality basketball shoes (I'm thoroughly convinced that my '06 Retro AJ Vs that I've been forced to wear the last few months are the reason my feet, ankles, achilles, etc are messed up right now). I stumbled across this thread, and read all the rave reviews of the performance and comfort of these shoes, but I also know how Nike retro quality has been, so I want to make sure it is the retros we're referring to/they're on par with the originals for performance/comfort.

These 2k4 retro are as good as the original

And regard Jordan V retro. Damn i feel bad you had to play in them bricks.

These 2k4 retro are as good as the original
And regard Jordan V retro. Damn i feel bad you had to play in them bricks.
The only thing wrong with the retros is the Velcro strap is horrible and doesn't stay fastened. The tongue also slips under the strap all the time, but other than that these are near perfect...eslecially compared to Jordan Vs

Thanks for the info, guys. Noticed the Velcro issue in several posts. Will try the replacement tip. I tried these on in the black/yellow at the Aurora, IL store, and they definitely felt comfortable. The ankle strap will take some getting used to, but I liked it overall. I did a search for these through Nike chat, and found 2 other stores that had them. One was at $54.97, but they only had size 13s left. The other was $64.97, but they price matched for me, so $67 shipped. :D Can't wait to try playing in these. If I end up liking them, I will start to hunt down bargains for other colors.

I just got these on eBay for $50. Never had a pair back when they came out in '07 and they feel great. Thinking about snagging a pair of the Olympics

everybody has their preferences. Anyhoo... this shoe, the retro, feels absolutely nice and the quality/durability
is on point. I have no complaints.

Thanks for the info, guys. Noticed the Velcro issue in several posts. Will try the replacement tip. I tried these on in the black/yellow at the Aurora, IL store, and they definitely felt comfortable. The ankle strap will take some getting used to, but I liked it overall. I did a search for these through Nike chat, and found 2 other stores that had them. One was at $54.97, but they only had size 13s left. The other was $64.97, but they price matched for me, so $67 shipped.
happy.gif
Can't wait to try playing in these. If I end up liking them, I will start to hunt down bargains for other colors.
If you replace, I would try buying your own velcro and either stitching it on yourself or taking it to a shoe store.  The first time, I took it to a shoe store, but the velcro she used didn't have a strong hold either.  I then purchased the strong kind from Walmart, undid the seems on the one the shoe store put on, and stiched it on myself.  The hold has been great, and hasn't come undone since then.  This was very important to me because the lockdown of the shoe is very dependent (at least for me) on the straps since the last eyelet only goes so far....

I guess these will just start popping up at stores. Mom n Pop shop by my school got theirs on Saturday I believe. I went yesterday and couldn't say no.

Just got a pair of black and gold 2k4 from the Nike store in Memphis. Glad I could get my pair especially since the bottoms of my old ones ripped off. But I need to know where those YOTS are! I didn't think they were dropping til the end of the month/beginning of Feb =\

Back
Top Bottom