Huarache 2K4's retro please!

Those are too sick.  Haven't seen many 11.5/12s pop up.  Rocked my black/greys to the gym yesterday.  Definitely one of the most comfortable shoes I own.

Thanks guys.  These were my first pair of 2K4's.  Do they normally run true-to-size for you guys?  I went with my normal size, and for the most part it fits well width-wise, but the toebox feels just a tad roomy/long. Not sure if it justifies going down half-a-size.  I dunno, I just might go back to the store and try a 1/2-size-down just to see how it fits. We'll see.

Man, I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of those YOTS'. What material are the uppers made of?

I've hooped in my black/yellow pair about 10 times since I got them, so I'll give a semi-review. For the size, I got the opposite effect Sinner did. I got my usual size 11, and I will say width-wise, they initially seemed a bit on the snug side on my outer toes. Nothing horrible, but I could feel them start aching just a bit if I played for more than 3 hours (which is usually the norm for me). I couldn't track down an 11.5, so I decided to keep wearing them, and now after the Nubuck stretched a bit, they seem OK. However, while it hasn't bothered me, they seem to run a bit shorter length-wise than my past size 11 shoes. The 1st night I wore them, I took them off at the end of the night while some of us were just sitting around shooting the breeze. I commented that they seem to run short, so another guy with size 11 AJ 2011s put them up to his shoes sole to sole, and it DID seem to be about 1/2" shorter. Again, it hasn't bothered me, but thought I'd point it out.

I was skeptical of the several claims of "excellent traction regardless of condition of the court you're playing on" from the reviews I had read. I've tried Hyperizes, Hyperdunks, Retro AJ XIIs and Vs and AJ 2011s, and even brand new, while some were worse than others, all of them had mediocre grip at best on the usually dusty/dirty LifeTime Fitness courts I play on. However, much to my surprise, traction has been every bit as good as the reviews claimed on the 2K4s. I have SO much better lateral movement on offense AND defense now that I don't slide all over the place when trying to change directions quickly. Also, I don't know if it's the CF plate in them, but the minute you put them on, even as I'm walking out the locker room to the courts, you can literally feel a springy bounce in your step from the shoes. Definitely gets you pumped to play.

Comfort is pretty adequate so far. I don't feel impact on landings like I did in the AJ Vs I just came off of. However, it will be hard to fully assess just how comfortable these are until I have some time to recover from the damage I suffered from the Vs. My achilles' are still tight, my knees are still stiff and I can feel some mild plantar fasciitis (with some slight moments of more severe pain throughout the day). I know a large part of this is from the abuse I give my body at my age (3-5 hours of hoops a night 4-5 nights a week), but I also have no doubt a lot of it can be attributed to the AJ Vs I wore for the past 7+ months. I've felt the problems steadily get worse since having to switch to those after my very comfy AJ 2011s prematurely started falling apart.

I only have a few gripes with these shoes so far. For one, I wish the laces would come up one notch higher. As it sits, it doesn't lock your heal into the heal cup quite as well as it could if they'd lace up a tad higher. Plus, if tied tight, the spot you knot them is right where the foot meets the front of the ankle (Inferior Extensor band), which can be a bit uncomfortable/painful. Hasn't really been an issue once I start playing, but worth noting. Second, the uppers could benefit from stronger material. These shoes felt great the first few times I wore them, but as other reviews had noted, they tend to flex a bit upon break in. Don't get me wrong, they're still solid around your feet, but not as good as the first day you wear them. And given this is already happening while they're still pretty new, it makes me worry about long term durability. Lastly, they could have used better ventilation. Having the same ventilation holes on the outer side of the shoes as they have on the inner side would have definitely helped, as would have perforation holes in the toe box.

Other than that, I've loved them so far. I have not had the problems with the velcro on the ankle straps like many others have so far. I will say that with the possible exception of the AJ 2011s, these have been the best shoes I've played ball in so far.

Man, I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of those YOTS'. What material are the uppers made of?
Oddly enough, I ended up sizing-down for these. I haven't tried on GR 2K4's so I can't say if these are sized differently (Though I don't see why they'd be), but the 10.5's were just a tad roomy for me in the toebox.  I tried the 10's, and while they were a bit more snug for me width-wise, I like the fit of the toe-box a lot more.  I'll be wearing these casually so "performance" won't be an issue for me.  I guess a 10.25 would be perfect. Lol.

As for the upper...

The toeguard is suede with a "scale-pattern" laminate on top to give it that snake-look.   The red part material... well, I dunno what you call it, but I've see it used on soccer/football boots.  It almost has a satin-look to it, but not as shiny. 

i picked these up from finishline.com not too long ago. so excited to have a fresh pair for hoopin. :smokin

Y
Has anyone with Nubuck versions of these had a problem with them tearing? I've been reading several complaints about how they don't hold up well to regular use on the court. I also noticed all the originals I've seen were leather.

Yeah I've actually had this same problem with one of my black and yellow color way. It was sad when this happened because I ha only had them for two-three weeks. They really don't make shoes like they use to

one of the best if not the best bball shoe that I've played ball in. My OG's finally broke down on me 2 years ago. After 7 years of indoor use.

I still remember my first Hurache's back in middle school.. They were the white/blue/red colorway. Wish I knew where I put them. Those red ones up top look real nice and are tempting

Nike bring these back on ID pls also the 2k5s
Those are sweet bring back some memories ballin on those:smile:

Back
Top Bottom