Hubble Captures Crashing Galaxies Vol. If This Happened To Milky Way...

AOL News

NASA / AP
http://www.aol.com/main.adp[h2]Photos Capture
Cosmic Event
[/h2]
'Never-Before-Seen Details'
Amazing Images Released
[h1]Hubble Captures Crashing Galaxies[/h1]
Reuters

Posted: 2008-04-27 09:49:40

Filed Under: Science News
WASHINGTON (April 26) - Images of colliding galaxies show them spinning, sliding and slipping into one another, wreaking stellar destruction that willgive birth to new and larger galaxies. The Maryland-based Space Telescope Science Institute released 59 new images from the Hubble Space Telescope on Thursdayto celebrate the 18th anniversary of its launch.

This Biggest Thing I've Read:

NASA / AP[h3]Out-of-This-World
Space Photos[/h3]
2 of 28http://news.aol.com/story/_a/hubble...9990001?icid=100214839x1200911511x1200033414#

Even galaxies get bullied. Here, a so-called"death star galaxy" blasts a nearby galaxy with a jet of energy. Scientists said that if this happened in the Milky Way, it would likely destroy alllife on Earth.
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Ohhh the Jedis are going to feel this.....

And this will happen to the Milky Way in a few trillion years.

^^ yep, the closest galaxy that the Milky Way can crash into is the M31 galaxy aka Andromeda.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Even galaxies get bullied. Here, a so-called "death star galaxy" blasts a nearby galaxy with a jet of energy. Scientists said that if this happened in the Milky Way, it would likely destroy all life on Earth.
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
I told somebody this in a post bout the ufo's they aint believe me ....They don't tell people this kind of this stuff .....project bluebeam ....

Originally Posted by That Valles Dude

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

Even galaxies get bullied. Here, a so-called "death star galaxy" blasts a nearby galaxy with a jet of energy. Scientists said that if this happened in the Milky Way, it would likely destroy all life on Earth.
eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
I told somebody this in a post bout the ufo's they aint believe me ....They don't tell people this kind of this stuff .....project blue beam ....

Project blue beam

The truth is out there!

nerd1.gif

Eh this is expected to happen in about 200 or 2 billion ( dont remember) between milky way and andromenda...they said in all probability or solar system willbe safe from it

Scientists said that if this happened in the Milky Way, it would likely destroy all life on Earth.
why is this so surprising? it's obvious that we'd all die if galaxies collide.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Gotta love this type of stuff.

Yup. I remember in my sophomore year of college I had an Astronomy class in the summer that I would go to blazed everyday. I would be like
eek.gif
at all the stuff my professor would talk about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

eek.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
I told somebody this in a post bout the ufo's they aint believe me ....They don't tell people this kind of this stuff .....project blue beam ....
laugh.gif
@ how you managed to get that in this thread.

What is all this project blue beam that you speak of anyways..
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom