Hurricane Irma, FL Nters We May Be Next

Gonna have to call my moms and make sure they at the very least prepare for the worst. They in Atlanta so they may not get hit that hard but I know GA ain't got any kind of plan for this ish

Read that it was approaching 200+mph winds and was gonna be the first Category 6? Or is this false news?

No such thing as Cat 6 but from what I was reading, the way this thing is energizing, the wind speeds for Irma compared to a typical cat 5 could potentially represent the actual differentiators between categories 1-5.

Meaning if Cat 6 actually EXISTED this could be one of them given favorable conditions

Calling BS on 200 MPH winds tho I haven't seen that

No such thing as Cat 6 but from what I was reading, the way this thing is energizing, the wind speeds for Irma compared to a typical cat 5 could potentially represent the actual differentiators between categories 1-5.

Meaning if Cat 6 actually EXISTED this could be one of them given favorable conditions

Calling BS on 200 MPH winds tho I haven't seen that
It's had gusts measured at 215 mph top, but the 1 minute sustained winds is 175 mph from what I've been reading. I'm assuming that the wind speed is stated from the sustained winds reading.

sunday

damn bro good luck on the interview. I got a new job that starts next monday day after the hurricane :rofl:

:smh:
Thanks mane...they JUST called and said they postponing it till next week or the week after :lol:

I was looking forward to checking out the area and getting the interview over with too :smh:

some of yall need to science bro. tampa NTers bunker down youll be straight. to much land mass for it to be a Harvey like situation there. in addition to the upper air patterns. if it does track that way itll be significantly weakened by the barrier islands. theres a reason Tampa never gets hit hard

plz search wxrisk on FB... an accuaintaince who has awesome info on dese tings

I know we can never assume a sure thing with hurricanes. But I wanna say for the record I been following this **** for a few days and that I haven't seen any model where the Southeast US is not somehow affected.

I wouldn't worry about "where it's going" so much as I would worry about "how this will affect me".

I'm at Publix and they're giving out 24 packs of Aquafina 1 per customer. Got lots of cans at the crib already but just copped about 13 more :lol:

Got fam all over FL.

Stay safe bruhs... but I don't think it will be that bad.

Might taper off to something less severe before landfall like a tropical storm.

My fam in Tampa said they haven't had any serious weather issues since the early 90's so I think they'll be good.

I don't understand this logic. Because it hasn't happened in a couple decades it won't happen again?

I don't understand this logic. Because it hasn't happened in a couple decades it won't happen again?
well if we take the history of the united states into account hes right... the odss are veey small for major damage in Tampa. its science

Not saying that at all...

Everytime they are about to get hit with a hurricane I always hit them up and they always tell me they'll be good because Tampa is on the other side of Florida and rarely gets any type of hurricane. And sure enough they never really get anything bad like that, and they always let me know at least they have a week or more warning whereas a terror attach in NYC there is no warning.

The most they say they get is heavy rainfall and then the talk always goes to why I don't move out there NYC is overpriced and not worth it... blah blah blah... you'll live like a king in FL and weather is better year round, badder women, and you're not cramped.

yeah my company got me for a snow day last yr..since I was unable to drive in

my tank is almost on E and I was gonna fill up today cause prices usually rise during a national holiday and long weekend. Passed by 4 gas stations on the way to work and supreme was $3.39 on average :stoneface:

I have family in DR. I'm more scared for them and the rest of the Caribbean.
i got some fam out in puerto plata and my grandma is in loma de cabrera

well if we take the history of the united states into account hes right... the odss are veey small for major damage in Tampa. its science

I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong I really don't know I just go off of what my family says in Tampa to me. They've been right though and nothing serious has hit Florida in years like that, and Tampa even longer.

From the ppl i talked to just now in Tampa/St.Petersburg it sure sounds like they taking this Hurricane serious

my tank is almost on E and I was gonna fill up today cause prices usually rise during a national holiday and long weekend. Passed by 4 gas stations on the way to work and supreme was $3.39 on average :stoneface:

i got some fam out in puerto plata and my grandma is in loma de cabrera

Most of my fam reside in the Capital and in Santiago Rodriguez (NW part of the country)

This. I'm here and the models have it passing right over us. Basically the whole state.

yup this hurricane is one i havent seen projected all over florida in awhile. Most of the time they might draw a couple lines over the state but every projection right now is on florida. Tampa been dodging canes for a minute.

Everyone out fighting for water when you can just fill up from the tap.

Tampa is definitely taking it seriously. Everyone I've talked to is worried due to the size of this thing. Supplies are being cleaned out.

On the other hand, somebody just launched an Amazon store to sell $90 24pk water.

Tell Irma to pull up, I got something for her ***. On the real though, this thing is looking crazy. I was like 9 when Katrina hit the US but now that I'm older, I can't remember a hurricane as serious as this one.
Me and you the same age b?

How bad is Orlando getting hit by this?

I read its mostly hitting south florida, but still. A cat 5 is a cat 5

Back
Top Bottom