Hydroplaning Unappreciation

Anyone in the DC area knows we've been hit by OD rain these past few days... what I hate the most is HYDROPLANING. So i'm just riding through the mainroads, bumping some Rick Ross, when I press the brake because there's a red light ahead. I know my tires are somewhat new... so I press them normally. Allof a sudden the car feels like it's gliding along the ground. I go slamming into the Ford pickup truck in front of me, and I just
indifferent.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
in two seconds. The dude gets no damage to his car but mycar gets two big scratches.

HYDROPLANING UNAPPRECIATION !
mad.gif

where in DC?

g -town?

but I don't know how that happened to you.. even in slippery conditions - you should have been able to stop it early if you where paying attention or yourreaction time is probably horrid
laugh.gif

how'd i know you were in the dc/md/va.. haha

all this rain recently just sucks.

^Word, I was staring out of the window admiring our 80 degree weather and then all of a sudden I had to slam on my brakes..... and I came to an immediate stop,man....

up here in PG County... I was about 30 feet away from the dude going about 35 when i pressed the brake...

Yeah, it catches you of guard and you're like what the hell...
and you're not supposed to break, it just makes it worst.

Originally Posted by treewing

^Word, I was staring out of the window admiring our 80 degree weather and then all of a sudden I had to slam on my brakes..... and I came to an immediate stop, man....

laugh.gif
good one

Originally Posted by thagreatj

"Im in the rain doin a buck 40 Hydroplaning"
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
first thing that came to mind....

but it is definetly happened to me a few times... ive almost died because i have low profile tires
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

I was about 30 feet away from the dude going about 35 when i pressed the brake...
Not calling you a liar, but I wonder how hard insurance agencies laugh when they hear something like that. "One more time, sir. How did it yousay it happened?"
laugh.gif

I'm glad rainy season is over. Hydroplaned my car couple months ago. I was so pissed not being able to drive my car for 3 weeks b/c I had to get itrepaired.

Originally Posted by Air Bonilla 23

up here in PG County... I was about 30 feet away from the dude going about 35 when i pressed the brake...

psyche.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by thagreatj

"Im in the rain doin a buck 40 Hydroplaning"
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
first thing that came to mind....

but it is definetly happened to me a few times... ive almost died because i have low profile tires
grin.gif
Word. Low pros have almost killed me a few times, but only because I didn't keep up with them and rotate them properly. Rotating is a MUST withthem, or else you'll be sliding all over the road in the rain.

^ Word, the driver's side is flattened and the lawn is all over the place. I had that happen to me a while back in my truck - spun around 3 times in atruck bigger than the one pictured, but managed to not hit anything... just wound up facing the wrong direction on a busy street.

That doesn't sound like hydroplaning - that only happens at high speeds with a lot of water on the road.

You just braked too hard and too late and skidded into the back of another car.

Back
Top Bottom