Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 beats out Infiniti G37 in first comparison test

lurkin2long

Banned
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=142826#5

eek.gif

Good article. But it doesn't say the Genesis is a better car than the G37, but that it's just an overall better value, which we already knew.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Good article. But it doesn't say the Genesis is a better car than the G37, but that it's just an overall better value, which we already knew.
it does say it's better

I agree with you on that but, the Gensis cost $14,000 less than the G37. So if you put that $14,000 into the Gensis, it wont be better than theG37?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

it does say it's better

smh.gif

It's the undeniable value equation that tips this test in the favor of the 2010 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. You simply get more car for your dollar with the Genesis coupe. Sure, it's not as much car as the 2009 Infiniti G37, but at two-thirds the cost, it doesn't have to be.

The articles concludes it is a better value. Like JustHotKicks said.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

it does say it's better

smh.gif

It's the undeniable value equation that tips this test in the favor of the 2010 Hyundai Genesis 3.8. You simply get more car for your dollar with the Genesis coupe. Sure, it's not as much car as the 2009 Infiniti G37, but at two-thirds the cost, it doesn't have to be.

The articles concludes it is a better value. Like JustHotKicks said.

grin.gif

Caught that too. I really like the car, but it seems Hyundai is limiting the torque, which is making it slower than the heavier G37. Hopefully theR-spec isn't limited. I want to see a review of the 2.0L Turbo, with a decent tune, and some more boost. That Evo X engine should be putting out nicenumbers.

Don't be surprised when people start swapping the 375HP V8 from the sedan, on to the coupe.

could already tell from the specs it was going to be beastly. and with some choice aftermarket parts...even better.
Hyundai did a great job. If you build it they will come.
They should have done a new lux brand called Genesis though. like scion.

This is dumb because the new g37 sedan (I'm assuming the g35 sedan is being retired) is faster than the g37 coupe. The coupe is heavier. All G heads knowthis.

Give me a G sedan in a straight line and I'll dust anything with a Hyundai badge on it. ##*$ is pseudo-luxury, taking cues from the elites and trying tohang. And yes, It's still a Hyundai.You'll get clowned at car meets and in parking lots.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

This is dumb because the new g37 sedan (I'm assuming the g35 sedan is being retired) is faster than the g37 coupe. The coupe is heavier. All G heads know this.

Give me a G sedan in a straight line and I'll dust anything with a Hyundai badge on it. ##*$ is pseudo-luxury, taking cues from the elites and trying to hang. And yes, It's still a Hyundai.You'll get clowned at car meets and in parking lots.
laugh.gif
Mad are we?

To the comment above.

Why would anyone get clowned at car meet parking lots? If the car has the power and potential then those so called "car heads" where you have yourcar "meets" are doing it wrong.

So because of the name now the car has no performance?

I bet you dont even know what your talking about. So a Honda Civic is better in every way? smh

Hyundai is about to take over with this car.

Calm down all of you boy racers, I know how it feels to spend $ on a 300+hp car, rims it, intake, exhaust and still have a stock CL or CLS leave you in thedust.

This being said; have fun burning your tires and changing gears in an over-hyped ricer.

Back
Top Bottom