I Admit, I didn't think homeboy would be this good.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

RoOk wrote:

Baalnood wrote:

Dude is going be like a steve francis.

indifferent.gif

LiCeNseD To BaLL wrote:

Baalnood wrote:

indifferent.gif
 he's nothing like him. 

Shut up. 

People never want to compare current rising prospects with past players who aren't in the hall of fame.

That's an accurate comparison.

Ultra athletic point guard, who can score, mainly off of driving the ball, and is especially strong on the boards. Distributes well, more so in the open floor. Plays the passing lanes well because of athelicism and reaction time. Not really a great shooter. Average fare from the line. Dominates the ball a little more than a point should.

Even their stats across the board are comparable.

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
STOP! JUST STOP!. There games are totally different. steve francis was a terrible on the ball defender. Russ is a lock down defender, it is actually his best skill imo. Francis was also a terrible teammate who would pout and complain about having to pass the ball. Once Rudy T was no longer the coach, and he wasnt able to go Iso for 20 seconds and chuck a bad shot he was shown to be no damn good. russ plays well w/in a team and doesn't force the issue too much.

and back to the question, i saw each of his college games. I thought he would be nice, but not great. I'm happy for the dude he has worked his butt off getting better. Props!

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

RoOk wrote:

Baalnood wrote:

indifferent.gif

LiCeNseD To BaLL wrote:

Baalnood wrote:

indifferent.gif
 he's nothing like him. 

Shut up. 

People never want to compare current rising prospects with past players who aren't in the hall of fame.

That's an accurate comparison.

Ultra athletic point guard, who can score, mainly off of driving the ball, and is especially strong on the boards. Distributes well, more so in the open floor. Plays the passing lanes well because of athelicism and reaction time. Not really a great shooter. Average fare from the line. Dominates the ball a little more than a point should.

Even their stats across the board are comparable.

30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif
STOP! JUST STOP!. There games are totally different. steve francis was a terrible on the ball defender. Russ is a lock down defender, it is actually his best skill imo. Francis was also a terrible teammate who would pout and complain about having to pass the ball. Once Rudy T was no longer the coach, and he wasnt able to go Iso for 20 seconds and chuck a bad shot he was shown to be no damn good. russ plays well w/in a team and doesn't force the issue too much.

and back to the question, i saw each of his college games. I thought he would be nice, but not great. I'm happy for the dude he has worked his butt off getting better. Props!

I thought he was gonna be pretty good...

then they played us last year in the playoffs and I knew this was coming. Dude is a beast

I thought he was gonna be pretty good...

then they played us last year in the playoffs and I knew this was coming. Dude is a beast

Russell Westbrook doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as Francis did.  He can thrive off the ball.  Can't say the same for Steve.

Also when Westbrook gets the ball he makes a decision with it and commits.  I've seen way too many possessions where Francis overdribbled with the ball and went nowhere. 

Westbrook's, like it has been said, best skill is probably his on the ball defense.  Can't say the same for Francis. 

I haven't checked out the stats but I'm willing to bet Westbrook scores more effficiently from the field as well. 

Different players. 

Just because both are athletic point guards that drive the ball and can rebound doesn't make it a good comparison. 

Russell Westbrook doesn't need the ball in his hands as much as Francis did.  He can thrive off the ball.  Can't say the same for Steve.

Also when Westbrook gets the ball he makes a decision with it and commits.  I've seen way too many possessions where Francis overdribbled with the ball and went nowhere. 

Westbrook's, like it has been said, best skill is probably his on the ball defense.  Can't say the same for Francis. 

I haven't checked out the stats but I'm willing to bet Westbrook scores more effficiently from the field as well. 

Different players. 

Just because both are athletic point guards that drive the ball and can rebound doesn't make it a good comparison. 

Awesome talent, can't lie,  never thought he would be this good. He should stop shooting 3's completely like how Tony Parker did a few years ago. Bringing those turnovers down would certainly help too.

Awesome talent, can't lie,  never thought he would be this good. He should stop shooting 3's completely like how Tony Parker did a few years ago. Bringing those turnovers down would certainly help too.

Originally Posted by JONBEAM

him and kev should be goin deep in the playoffs next year if kev dont leave
as in durant, the guy who just signed an extension this summer?

Originally Posted by JONBEAM

him and kev should be goin deep in the playoffs next year if kev dont leave
as in durant, the guy who just signed an extension this summer?

^imagine if the Thunder would have taken Evans instead of Harden
sick.gif

anyways im happy hustle is blossuming

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

sick.gif

Imagine if the Thunder had taken Noah instead of Green.

sick.gif

I hope he stays as good as he is. That Stevie comparison wasn't THAT far off base. Flash-talents come and go. I just hope Hustle Westbrook is here to stay. He's gooooood.

I hope he stays as good as he is. That Stevie comparison wasn't THAT far off base. Flash-talents come and go. I just hope Hustle Westbrook is here to stay. He's gooooood.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

sick.gif

this is the best of the 'imagine if's

i dont think evans would have been a good fit on the thunder.. the only player in the running i may have taken at that spot is curry, but then you're really undersized at the guard spots

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

sick.gif

this is the best of the 'imagine if's

i dont think evans would have been a good fit on the thunder.. the only player in the running i may have taken at that spot is curry, but then you're really undersized at the guard spots

Back
Top Bottom