I am looking for a light running and workout shoe... help (I am thinking AM90)

What do you think of the AM90 for this purpose or can you recommend a better suited.

Thanks.

Edit:
I have turned both my ankles pretty bad playing hoops.

So I want something comfortable, good cushioning and durable sole.

i don't think am90s are your best bet. twisted my ankle recently in them just shooting around. busted my $!% but because i fell my ankle was very lightlysprained. some scary stuff. would never do anything else in my am90s again besides walking.

i'm actually looking for a light training shoe myself. been looking at some lunar trainers and actually the nike zoom sparq s9.

Let me clarify. They aren't for playing hoops, I want them to work out in. sorry. read your postwrong.

I will check out the asics though.

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming I need a couple choices.

i lift in infrareds all the time.

..when i'm doing upper body, it doesn't really matter.

i usually do leg workouts in newer tech shoes though. currently in SLAT trainers in the classic neon 95 colorway.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

i don't think am90s are your best bet. twisted my ankle recently in them just shooting around. busted my $!% but because i fell my ankle was very lightly sprained. some scary stuff. would never do anything else in my am90s again besides walking.

i'm actually looking for a light training shoe myself. been looking at some lunar trainers and actually the nike zoom sparq s9.
are the zoom sparq s9 good. I might look into those as well.

i don't think am90s are your best bet. twisted my ankle recently in them just shooting around. busted my $!%
you dont use running shoes for basketball......

AM90 s are a great running shoe choice. has the cushioning your looking while being durable. The better equipped running sneaker for starters would be aPegasus or air triax. The triax would be the better equipped shoe of all three but the AM90s would DEFIANTLY have the most cushioning. If you cant do a fiveminute jog without it starting to hurt real bad i would say go with the AM90 and/or 360 shoe
smile.gif

Great cushioning for the AM90s. Just be cautious not to twist yer ankle due to its thick sole lol

dreslay, thanks for the quote, i don't think anyone else would've caught that if you hadn't brought it to their attention increasing the font sizeand including a palm face pic.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

i don't think am90s are your best bet. twisted my ankle recently in them just shooting around. busted my $!% but because i fell my ankle was very lightly sprained. some scary stuff. would never do anything else in my am90s again besides walking.

are the zoom sparq s9 good. I might look into those as well.
they look good but that's not saying much. in videos i've only seen people wearing them indoors on hardwood and turf. not really sure howlong they would last if you went outdoors with them. they seem really low to the ground which is nice in my book.

im still in love with my moire+ for jogging, running, and any gym stuff. they're light and the material is flexible so it's like a sock. that's mysuggestion, plus the ipod hookup is cool to have. this is really the only shoe i'll ever answer with when someone asks
laugh.gif

Air Max 90's are not really a good running shoe. Nike does not put the same quality into retro's as they do the newer technology for the newest shoesduring production. How many times have you purchased a retro and realised that the quality is rubbish? Try running in the Structures Triax 91 retro. Walking inthem is bad enough. If you need something to run in and work out in I would definitely look into Asics. Running is Asics' bread and butter. If you onlywant Nike, then try something like the Structure Triax 11 (the 12's are out, but are less cushioned), or the Nike Pegasus 25. If you're willing to dropsome extra cash then try the Nike Equlon +3, or the Vomero +3.

The Air Zoom Trainer 1 2008 version is in Outlets now for around $30. That is an awesome value. Great workout shoe. Wouldn't run in them though but forlifting or shooting around can't go wrong

any am90 is good for running and working out. I know cause I'm a manager at a gym and I constantly tell people what and what not to wear when they come in.

I currently run in my nike free 7.0 trainer, which are very light and comfy

Man a lot of you guys need to step into the light. THE NIKE'S YOU "ROCK" ARE NOT THE G.O.A.T. OF RUNNING SHOES! Seriously, go out to Fleet FeetSports, or any running shoe store, not Finishline, Footaction, or Footlocker, but a legit running store joint with runners that own the store. They willactually fit you into proper shoes. Air Max 90's have nothing on most current running shoes in terms of cushioning. Hell, I can't even feel the air bagcushioning compared to the good foam and gel in say an Asics shoe. I'm not telling you to go buy a certain brand. Go out there, and go to a store wherethey will fit your foot. Nike's rarely come in different widths, but all running brand shoes have different widths. I swear you guys stick to the samebrand all the time. I like Nike's running shoes; favorites are the Structure Triax 11's and the Air Max Moto 5's, but you guys have to be runningin something in a little more updated. Can't imagine running in such a hard shoe like the AM90. Damn you guys are ill-informed.

To me, the Vomero's, Triax, Motos, etc are more for the serious, everyday, competitive runners. If you're at the gym 3-4 times a week working out andmaybe running 2-3 miles at a time on the treadmill or track, you don't need something that's at the highest performance level, but probably somethingmore comfortable and durable for your lighter needs.

I would recommend staying away from any retros or Shox (personal preference). I like the Air Max 2009's (pricey) but for light usage I have actually reallyliked the Lunar Trainers. I wouldn't want to run a marathon in them but if you really only run at the gym a few times a week (say 6-10 miles a week) then Ithink they could be a good option for you. Some of the colorways are $80 at Finish Line and I've known people who have used them for about 300 mileswithout any significant wearing down of the Lunar foam. Might be worth a shot just based on what you said about your needs, though the ankle protection is notmuch compared due to the soft collar and lower cut.

Back
Top Bottom