I Guess Birdman's Son Doesn't Have Cookies?

I remember my mans back then was like the biggest drag on fan round the way, he swore drag on was next up after dmx :lol: ...he loved when layzie bone became L Burna a lot too :lol:

The Ruff Ryders compilations fooled me into believing Drag-On was nice. They always masked him with better artists on dope Swizz tracks.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
  Exhibit A:

....used to bang this on repeat 
pimp.gif
mean.gif

Remember when Fiend did the headbusaaz album with D JPaul and Juicy J

Late 90s/ early 2000s dirty south >>>>>>>
2001-2007 >>>>>>>>>

2001 Three 6 Mafia >

2002 Clipse >

2002 Luda >

2003 T.I. >

2003 Lil Flip, Paul Wall, Mike Jones >

2004 Franchize Boyz >

2005  Bun B  > 

2006 Rick Ross >

2007 Everyone >

R.I.P. South Music

2008 - 2016 Drake and Kanye had it locked >>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Late 90s/ early 2000s dirty south >>>>>>>

2001-2007 >>>>>>>>>

2001 Three 6 Mafia >

2002 Clipse >

2002 Luda >

2003 T.I. >

2004 Franchize Boyz >

2005  Bun B  > 

2006 Rick Ross >

2007 Everyone >

R.I.P. NYC Music

Desiigner

Fixed

LOL @ people in here acting like if someone doesn't know cash money/no limit and all that mediocre 2000s southern rap there's something wrong with them. Growing up in New York, nobody listened to that crap...stop it

:lol: right. I grew up in Minneapolis (not some suburb or BFE MN) and have been listening to hip-hop religiously for ~25 years. A lot of folks were heavy into that super digital mediocre off beat flow ****. I wasn't.

To me that era sucked and led to another ****** era (crunk and snap, bubble gum rap ********).

Now some dudes like Juve and Mystikal were very skilled, so I wouldn't take that away from them. But as a whole that era was weak.

Last edited:
If you're basing it on lyrics, yeah that era wasn't up to par. Mia X >. Ish wasn't really about lyrics though.

:lol: right. I grew up in Minneapolis (not some suburb or BFE MN) and have been listening to hip-hop religiously for ~25 years. A lot of folks were heavy into that super digital mediocre off beat flow ****. I wasn't.

To me that era sucked and led to another ****** era (crunk and snap, bubble gum rap ********).

Now some dudes like Juve and Mystikal were very skilled, so I wouldn't take that away from them. But as a whole that era was weak.

So, what was a good era then? :lol:
Biz Markie made bubble gum rap too...

Snoops first NL album was :smokin

I always see this album get killed online but me and my boys played the hell out of this album. He had a good mix of NL songs and then had his songs. Charlie Wilson features. Album got some heat. Snoop World used to get me hype when the beat dropped. Welcome to my world N

I always see this album get killed online but me and my boys played the hell out of this album. He had a good mix of NL songs and then had his songs. Charlie Wilson features. Album got some heat. Snoop World used to get me hype when the beat dropped. Welcome to my world N

Snoop world was so hard IMO.

LOL @ people in here acting like if someone doesn't know cash money/no limit and all that mediocre 2000s southern rap there's something wrong with them. Growing up in New York, nobody listened to that crap...stop it
laugh.gif
right. I grew up in Minneapolis (not some suburb or BFE MN) and have been listening to hip-hop religiously for ~25 years. A lot of folks were heavy into that super digital mediocre off beat flow ****. I wasn't.

i was joking with you at first until you brought No Limit into it. 

:smokin I used to mess with it.

2001-2007 >>>>>>>>>

2001 Three 6 Mafia >

2002 Clipse >

2002 Luda >

2003 T.I. >

2004 Franchize Boyz >

2005  Bun B  > 

2006 Rick Ross >

2007 Everyone >

R.I.P. South Music

What?

The South has consistently dominated for the past 20 years.

You saying RIP the South like Future not out here + the biggest rapper in the game wishes he was from Houstonlanta?

Not to mention Wayne was the dominant rapper from 08-09 and PUT ON the biggest rapper in the world right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom