I have a Verizon Wireless/cell phone question?

Ok I have a celluar phone with Verizon Wireless. I get 450 minutes plus Canada and 1000 nights and weekends plus texting and Blackberry service.My bill isnormally 110.00. Well last month because I thought I had unlimited nights and weekends. I used like 1000 extra minutes, so I had an extra 475 dollars inoverage fees.

They offered 30 pct of the 475.00 and 10 pct off of my service for the next 6 months they also said they'll get me one month free if I sign a 1 yrcontract( I'm not under a contract right now)

So my question is,Is this the best I can get or is there anything I can do to get a better deal( preferably 40-50 pct off the overage charge?)

If you're not under contract, don't pay it.

If your not under contract then it shouldn't affect your credit.

^what are you talkin bout??

He's still gonna owe them even if his 2 year contract expired.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

If you're not under contract, don't pay it.

If your not under contract then it shouldn't affect your credit.

they can do better...just tell them you'll leave (bonus points for saying you'll switch to att) if they don't drop all the charges. it was amistake on your part for not knowing your plan, but they will definetely work with you to keep you with verizon. also, do not sign that contract, especially ifthey are not willing to drop ALL charges.

-waystinthyme

That's the only thing I hate about Verizon. Minutes don't rollover. In the 5 years that I've had Verizon I went over on my minutes ONCE, and thatwas because I was making tons of phone calls when I was in escrow on a property. This was before they implemented the 10 numbers you can call for free orwhatever the hell they call it. My overage wasn't a lot, and I only owed an extra $40, but I was still annoyed. Do what you have to do to get your billdown....

Originally Posted by Mick Jagger

I've been with them since May. I'm pretty sure it will on my credit if I dont pay.
Tell them that you'll sign if they forgive your debt.

you can actually get 100% back if you commit yourself to get the next plan up that would have covered you just push for it and they have to give it to you. Theproblem is that the next plans up that include canada talk only have 1000 night and weekends. So it all depends on how much talking you do to canada. If it isa small amount tell them to switch you to the new unlimited plan and ad hat the ability to talk to canada. (89.99 plus 3.99 for the international value plan).They have to credit you at that point. Then if thats too much then move back down after a couple months. No contract extension by the way for doing that.

Originally Posted by soltheman

I've been with them since May. I'm pretty sure it will on my credit if I dont pay.
Tell them that you'll sign if they forgive your debt.

So if I sign a 1 yr contact they should forgive my debt? Does anybody have actual experience wth this or are you all just speculating?

Update:

I just called and said I'm going to switch to AT&T. They really dont seem to care. Verizon Wireless customer service is horrible. Sprint was waybetter, I only used Verizon because it had a ok rate for USA and Canada but now Sprint has great plans for Canada too. Stay away from Verizon Wireless
sick.gif

Update:

I just called and said I'm going to switch to AT&T. They really dont seem to care. Verizon Wireless customer service is horrible. Sprint was way better, I only used Verizon because it had a ok rate for USA and Canada but now Sprint has great plans for Canada too. Stay away from Verizon Wireless
sick.gif
Ask them what's the maximum amount of money they can forgive. Then ask if they could just switch your plan to one with an unlimited weekendfeature, and how much that would cost.

But refuse to sign any contracts.

If they aren't budging, then just tell them you're switching AT&T and that you'll be paying your bill on a regular interval in small amounts.Then get asked to someone you can talk to so that you can arrange that.

If they don't offer to forgive some more, then just switch to AT&T, because that's probably as good as its gonna get.

Update:

I just called and said I'm going to switch to AT&T. They really dont seem to care. Verizon Wireless customer service is horrible. Sprint was way better, I only used Verizon because it had a ok rate for USA and Canada but now Sprint has great plans for Canada too. Stay away from Verizon Wireless
sick.gif

how is that horrible?

isnt it your fault that you went over your minutes?

just because verizon isnt willing to correct your mistakes makes them horrible at customer service?

btw sprint is known for the worst customer service of all 4 carriers

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Update:

sick.gif

how is that horrible?

isnt it your fault that you went over your minutes?

just because verizon isnt willing to correct your mistakes makes them horrible at customer service?

btw sprint is known for the worst customer service of all 4 carriers

Its horrible customer service because unlike any other service they unilaterally say what the price is. How are going to tell me because I use 2000 mins itshould cost me 600 dollars when if I was on Unlimited Talk Plan, I could talk longer for 100 dollars?

I've had Sprint they will actually call you if they see irregular usuage. The intenet and Blackberry services are way slower than Sprint and AT&T.

Verizon Wireless Customer Service will not work with you, the other companies will. Talking to the Verizon Wireless customer service rep and Customer Servicemanager wil get you the same deal. Sprint and AT&T practically beg you to say with them with awesome offers.

Back
Top Bottom