I have to admit, I was wrong about Obama....He DOES want change!

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Deuce King

For all you Ron Paul lovers out there, had you and others did your job and made him the Republican nominee this year instead of picking McCain and that idiot from Alaska you might have an argument, but as of right now you don't.
Ron Paul snuffs em with the realness. They weren't ready for the truth

I hear ya, but it's your job as well as the job of others to make people see that Ron Paul is the truth. Remember champ, change doesn't happen overnight, it takes time, it's a marathon not a quick sprint. If you and others want Ron Paul in office then I suggest you get started on that today. It's on you to convice the these Republicans out here that Palin is a FRAUD.
You didn't hear? He was being blocked from some of the debates because He tool attention away from the other candidates.

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

SEE WATCH

RON PAUL WAS FTW

BUT

EVERYBODY GOT SOOO UP LIFTED BY COLOR , CHANGE , & FORGOT THAT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER REG PERSON TO MESS US OVER

RON PAUL

SHOULD COME ON TV AND START ATTACKIN OBAMA ASAP

LIKE GOING IN ON HIM

: MAKES CALL :
Sometimes NTers are straight idiotic. Straight up attacking him would be idiotic since a lot of his followers overlap and really want to believein Obama. IMO it's far too early considering he hasn't even SERVED 1 DAY IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

Originally Posted by FWA III

SEE WATCH

RON PAUL WAS FTW

BUT

EVERYBODY GOT SOOO UP LIFTED BY COLOR , CHANGE , & FORGOT THAT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER REG PERSON TO MESS US OVER

RON PAUL

LIKE GOING IN ON HIM

go to canada and take ron paul with you.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Ron Paul? The dude that wants to get rid of the IRS? lol....you guys are funny..

For real. I swear some people would follow Ron Paul to hell and back.

People need to stop being so pessimistic when it comes to Obama leading the country. He isn't the president yet. At least be optimistic, all this talkabout Obama leading this country to the ground certainly wont help anyone. I'll admit I'm skeptical about how well of a job he will do, but I'malso keeping my spirits up and looking at the positives along with the negatives, which so many conservatives fail to do.

Larry Summers: Despite his political stance, it is hard to argue he didn't do well under Clinton.

I just have a natural distain for anyone who leads the Fed, so that appointment doesn't bother me either.

I can't speak on everyone Obama appoints, but just because they are from old regimes doesn't mean they aren't bringing new ideas. The economy haschanged, naturally they will adapt. If I am not mistaken Geithner is from Berkely: Brilliant professor.

Other than that I am most concerned with his choice of Sec. Of Defense. I could care less about his finance team: For obvious reasons.

Ron Paul? The dude that wants to get rid of the IRS? lol....you guys are funny..

But, but, with, without the IRS, Ford, GM and Big Banks would have to like get money by convincing people to voluntarily buy their products. That would beterrible, we all know that the backbone of American Capitalism is having the government give you money that they take from others. It is simple Lunanomics asis practiced by Ignignokt and Err (check the sig). You get checks from the government, it is a very sustainable and social welfare enhancing economic model.

Obviously we need revenue but this hero worship that some NTers and shown for the tax man is pretty sad and sign of extreme political zealotry. I'm notsaying you hold the IRS in high esteem but many others have and some have even bragged how Obama would retaliate against his enemies by taxing them to death.The fact that a widely hated organization can be popular in some quarters is a testament to how stupid people, sometimes even otherwise smart people, canbecome when politics is involved.

I swear some people would follow Ron Paul to hell and back.

I hate the Ron Paul fanboys because they do no favor to the cause of libertarianism. Every charismatic politican will have, amongst his supporters, the peoplewho like the conflict and tribal nature of politics but not the nuanced thinking. They are the people who see politics as sports where you act like a diehardfan and defend anything your guy does. Obama has a legion of similarly zealous idiots but his following is large enough that even if you see dozens ofObamastans, who if challenged can only repeat campiagn slogans, you will also see many more thoughtful and more critical Obama supporters who can articulate,in their own words, why they like him. With Ron Paul and with libertarianism in general, the Ron Paultards and the anrachists can be the only libertariansomeone meets in person and that biases them against the reasonable libertarians, like myself who think indepndently and who advocate a much less radicalcourse.

With Obama or Paul, they show how someone who comes off as a fresh and original can get a buzz going on and ironically, attract many supporters who celebratetheir outside the box thinking by repeating, without question or reservation, what their heroes say in political speech, a form or rhetoric that is almost bydefinition, at least a little dishonest.

As far as Obama's cabinet is concerned, it is Christina Romer who is from Berkeley and she is an expert in business cycle theory and history. Economichistorians can be some of the most insightful people you can find, some of the most interesting books and scholarly article I have every read have been oneconomic history. That is another good pick by the president elect. Looking at his economic team, he has signaled that his is not as radical as right wing talkradio said he would be.

Originally Posted by FWA III

SEE WATCH

RON PAUL WAS FTW

BUT

RON PAUL

LIKE GOING IN ON HIM

go to canada and take ron paul with you.
no it's alright, we don't want you here.

If you are proud to be an American you should be proud of the history being made. If you live in this country, Obama is your next President, period!

#700 status

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

But, but, with, without the IRS, Ford, GM and Big Banks would have to like get money by convincing people to voluntarily buy their products. That would be terrible, we all know that the backbone of American Capitalism is having the government give you money that they take from others. It is simple Lunanomics as is practiced by Ignignokt and Err (check the sig). You get checks from the government, it is a very sustainable and social welfare enhancing economic model.

Obviously we need revenue but this hero worship that some NTers and shown for the tax man is pretty sad and sign of extreme political zealotry. I'm not saying you hold the IRS in high esteem but many others have and some have even bragged how Obama would retaliate against his enemies by taxing them to death. The fact that a widely hated organization can be popular in some quarters is a testament to how stupid people, sometimes even otherwise smart people, can become when politics is involved.

I swear some people would follow Ron Paul to hell and back.

I hate the Ron Paul fanboys because they do no favor to the cause of libertarianism. Every charismatic politican will have, amongst his supporters, the people who like the conflict and tribal nature of politics but not the nuanced thinking. They are the people who see politics as sports where you act like a diehard fan and defend anything your guy does. Obama has a legion of similarly zealous idiots but his following is large enough that even if you see dozens of Obamastans, who if challenged can only repeat campiagn slogans, you will also see many more thoughtful and more critical Obama supporters who can articulate, in their own words, why they like him. With Ron Paul and with libertarianism in general, the Ron Paultards and the anrachists can be the only libertarian someone meets in person and that biases them against the reasonable libertarians, like myself who think indepndently and who advocate a much less radical course.

With Obama or Paul, they show how someone who comes off as a fresh and original can get a buzz going on and ironically, attract many supporters who celebrate their outside the box thinking by repeating, without question or reservation, what their heroes say in political speech, a form or rhetoric that is almost by definition, at least a little dishonest.

As far as Obama's cabinet is concerned, it is Christina Romer who is from Berkeley and she is an expert in business cycle theory and history. Economic historians can be some of the most insightful people you can find, some of the most interesting books and scholarly article I have every read have been on economic history. That is another good pick by the president elect. Looking at his economic team, he has signaled that his is not as radical as right wing talk radio said he would be.

Thank you for the correction Rex..I should have known with a name like Tim, it wasn't her.

Other than that insightful post. However, I would hardly compare Ron Paul supporters to Obama supporters. Obama is as moderate as they come (Despite hisleftist depictions)

His economic team is tops, and not to sound too partisan I think everyone can agree that judging by past administrations Democrats tackle the economy well.

what bothers me more, is his Defense appointee whom I fear he will stick with Gates
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Yeah its biased. Who cares though? Doesn't change the facts guy.
roll.gif

eyes.gif
It doesn't change the facts? What is the significance in admitting the article you posted is biased then if it 'doesn't change thefacts'. Obviously is changes something since you felt the need to object that the article is biased.
laugh.gif

Talking about "facts" and "sheep", you are no different from Obama supporters, your just copying and pasting what you read on the net,acting like you got it figured all out
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom