I have to admit, I was wrong about Obama....He DOES want change!

President-elect Barack Obama's choices for top economic positions underscore the fact that his administration's overriding priority will be to secure the interests of the financial elite. The economic appointments have been welcomed by the political establishment and media as "centrist" and "center-right."

Obama announced that Timothy Geithner, head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, will be Treasury secretary, and Lawrence Summers, the former Treasury secretary under Bill Clinton, will lead the National Economic Council. The announcements were made at a press conference devoted to the economic crisis. [See, "Obama holds press conference, promises 'whatever is required' for Wall Street"]

Geithner has been intimately involved in the federal bailout of the financial industry, working closely with Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke and current Treasury secretary Henry Paulson. It has been reported that Geithner was the principal architect behind the government-backed bailout of Bear Stearns, among other deals.

Geithner began his career with Kissinger Associates, Inc., in Washington, D.C., a consulting firm founded by former Nixon Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. He worked his way up in the Clinton administration to under secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs from 1998 until Clinton left office. In that capacity he worked under both Clinton treasury secretaries, Robert Rubin and Lawrence Summers.

Before being appointed as president of the New York Fed, Geithner worked as a policy director for the International Monetary Fund and was a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, a leading diplomatic think tank.

The financial elite delivered its verdict on Geithner's selection on Friday. When the Obama transition team leaked word of his selection, the markets rallied. The Dow Jones industrial average climbed 494.13 points, or 6.5 percent. Geithner will be considered "Wall Street's man" in the Obama administration.

Sike!
I lied. Article is biased, but name a news outlet that isn't.

Sike!

laugh.gif

SEE WATCH

RON PAUL WAS FTW

BUT

EVERYBODY GOT SOOO UP LIFTED BY COLOR , CHANGE , & FORGOT THAT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER REG PERSON TO MESS US OVER

RON PAUL

SHOULD COME ON TV AND START ATTACKIN OBAMA ASAP

LIKE GOING IN ON HIM

: MAKES CALL :

I am sure he got us man, I believe he is the one. Stop worrying about the economy...IT IS IN GOOD HANDS!

i lied

grin.gif
so would you prefer he pick a joe economy because he's a"change" w/o experience or someone with experience and knows the system who he can control remember nothing gets signed off unless he ok's it...

Originally Posted by r33p04s

grin.gif
so would you prefer he pick a joe economy because he's a "change" w/o experience or someone with experience and knows the system who he can control remember nothing gets signed off unless he ok's it...

THIS IS THE FEDS WE TALKING ABOUT ......

THEY DON'T GIVE 1000000 YEARS ABOUT US

TRUST ME

RON PAUL 2012

PEOPLE WILL LEARN

YOU'LL UNDERSTAND SOON

Speaking to reporters for the third time in three days, Barack Obama was asked directly whether the staff choices he had made for his cabinet and advisory positions conflicted with his campaign message that the next president simply couldn't tap the same people for different posts.

Obama, who announced earlier that he was appointing former Fed Chairman Paul Volker to his Economic Recovery Advisory Board, took a bit of umbrage at the implication that staff assignments undermined the meme that defined his run for office.

"Understand where the vision for change comes from, first and foremost," he said. "It comes from me. That's my job, to provide a vision in terms of where we are going and to make sure then that my team is implementing [that vision]."

Watch:

The question of whether Obama's Cabinet undermines his message is, in many ways, a media creation (though there are some legitimate understandable gripes from the labor community). As the president-elect rightfully noted, the issue is a lose-lose proposition. Either he appoints some experienced hands to deal with the economic crisis (and gets labeled as more of the same) or he taps new people to handle the situation and is accused of leaving the country at risk.

"The last Democratic administration we had was the Clinton administration," said Obama. "So it would be surprising if I selected a Treasury Secretary who had had no connection with the last Democratic administration, because that would mean that the person had no experience in Washington whatsoever. And I suspect that you would be troubled and the American people would be troubled if I selected a Treasury Secretary or a chairman of the National Economic Council, at one of the most critical economic times in our history, who had no experience in government whatsoever. What we are going to do is combine experience with fresh thinking."

"I think when you ultimately look at what this advisory board looks like, you'll say this is a cross-section of opinion that in some ways reinforces conventional wisdom and in some ways breaks with orthodoxy in all sorts of ways," he went on. "And that's the kind of discussion we want. We want ideas from everybody. What I don't want to do is to somehow suggest that somehow suggest that since you served in the last Democratic administration, that you're somehow barred from serving again. Because we need people who are going to be able to hit the ground running."

Now sit down. If you really cared about the country, you would WANT Obama to be appointing experienced people. Not hating on him for doing so.

Experienced at running the FED, a private corporation that doesn't serve the interest of the American people but those of the International Bankers? No,YOU SIT DOWN.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Experienced at running the FED, a private corporation that doesn't serve the interest of the American people but those of the International Bankers? No, YOU SIT DOWN.

co-sign

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

SEE WATCH

RON PAUL WAS FTW

BUT

EVERYBODY GOT SOOO UP LIFTED BY COLOR , CHANGE , & FORGOT THAT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER REG PERSON TO MESS US OVER

RON PAUL

LIKE GOING IN ON HIM

go to canada and take ron paul with you.

Experienced at running the FED, a private corporation that doesn't serve the interest of the American people but those of the International Bankers? No, YOU SIT DOWN.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
{

Originally Posted by FWA III

Originally Posted by NothingBefore

SEE WATCH

RON PAUL WAS FTW

BUT

RON PAUL

LIKE GOING IN ON HIM

go to canada and take ron paul with you.
I SHOULD CAUSE THESE FOUR YEARS ARE GOING TO BE WORST TIMES

USHOULD COME ALONG WITH ME IF DONT WANT THEM FEMA GRAVES

RON PAUL

For all you Ron Paul lovers out there, had you and others did your job and made him the Republican nominee this year instead of picking McCain andthat idiot from Alaska you might have an argument, but as of right now you don't.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

For all you Ron Paul lovers out there, had you and others did your job and made him the Republican nominee this year instead of picking McCain and that idiot from Alaska you might have an argument, but as of right now you don't.
Ron Paul snuffs em with the realness. They weren't ready for the truth

For all you Ron Paul lovers out there, had you and others did your job and made him the Republican nominee this year instead of picking McCain and that idiot from Alaska you might have an argument, but as of right now you don't.

I hear ya, but it's your job as well as the job of others to make people see that Ron Paul is the truth. Remember champ, change doesn't happenovernight, it takes time, it's a marathon not a quick sprint. If you and others want Ron Paul in office then I suggest you get started on that today. It's on you to convice the these Republicans out here that Palin is a FRAUD.

I hear ya, but it's your job as well as the job of others to make people see that Ron Paul is the truth. Remember champ, change doesn't happen overnight, it takes time, it's a marathon not a quick sprint. If you and others want Ron Paul in office then I suggest you get started on that today. It's on you to convice the these Republicrats out here that Obama is a FRAUD.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My man

Back
Top Bottom