I need to move my shoes to a storage unit...

Please share your experiences. What am I in for? What's the best way to transport my shoes (about 60 pairs)? Thinking about buying 8 huge carboard boxes and putting the shoes there.I have found a unit (10 x 10) in my area for about $70 a month which is reasonable compared to some other companies.

If you want to go that route, I would put the boxes in your car and drive to the storage unit until complete. 60 pairs shouldn't take more than a few trips.

Keep in mind that the shoes may crumble due to age. If you have good stuff in decent condition, I would consider selling.

do you not have space at home? $70 a month just seems crazy to me. Even if they're worth anything you're losing money on that unless they're all Yeezys.

This is general so we already know how the responses you will get will be.

sell some shoes off..

its just unnecessary after awhile

put the money towards your kids college fund

go home and be a family man

Unless you live Ina studio I can't fathom how you don't have enough room some where in your house. I used to have thst many pairs and they fit in my closet.

Plus a storage unit is short term. I using one know because I'm transitioning from one place to another.

Not worth it really, unless you have a business that involves you selling multiple pairs of shoes. If you're storing them just to sit you're unnecessarily losing 70 a month. sell some of them.

don't see the point.

I had a transitional phase where I had to move my stuff to storage for almost a year. The only reason it was worth wild was because I did have a pretty OD collection. The next time I went through that phase I just sold whatever can't fit in the crib. Trust me you will be happier with the money.

Once it gets to the point where you are paying for a storage unit, you need to start selling them.

Just sell them man (or donate). I got shoes that are 10-20+ years old. No matter how fresh you've kept them, they will eventually start to fall apart due to age.

Best to sell them off now while they are intact. Save yourself $70/month and put the profits in your savings, splurge on a trip... Something other than paying to keep shoes in a storage unit you'll most likely forget about or not want to go through the hassle of moving back and forth.

What's the point of putting them in a storage unit? So you can visit you shoes when you want to? or pick put what you want to wear for the week? Seems totally pointless.

What's the point of putting them in a storage unit? So you can visit you shoes when you want to? or pick put what you want to wear for the week? Seems totally pointless.

agree

one of the dumbest thing ive heard in awhile :lol:

OP how old are you?
Why are you about to store SIXTY pairs of shoes? Lol what, you think they're gonna "grow in value" over the next years and you're gonna resell them for 500% profit? :rofl:

Donate them ***** to charity B. You being mad selfish right now. There's people out there walking barefoot, and you over there being vain talking bout "where am I going to fit my all my shoesss". Only people I hear saying that are newlywed women.

Shoes is shoes, B. Get rid of em. Stop being a hoarder. You'll be wasting your money on storage fees.

Either donate them, or sell them now. Those the only options you have. Either choose to sell em or donate them. Regardless what you do, they gonna be gone and you gonna have to deal with it

Last edited:
This.

Those shoes are worthless nowadays. Donate them to Salvation Army.

That's what I'm saying. If your a big "sneakerhead" like you say you are, and your shoes are worth anything, donate em to Salvation Army and get a form. Itemize them on your 1098 and You can use that as a tax deduction. But you'd need a job to file taxes and idk if you have one

Last edited:
If you can't fit them in your Crib... Sell Them. You Don't Need Em. 

If you're in between Living Situations where you had to move back home w/ Fam, but looking to get your own place soon... then a Small Storage Unit is Justifiable.

But if this is YOUR OWN Crib that you can't fit them in... Do Away with them, starting w/ the ones you wear the Least.

ALL SERIOUS. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom