"I remember the moment I heard ___ for the 1st time"

I'm kinda picky about the music I like, but when I hear certain songs, they stick with me forever. Certain songs I loved so much that I can recall exactly where I was the moment I heard them.

Dope boys - ti
At a step show in college. Beat came in and that joint was TOO funky. Then dude started spitting on there hard as a mfer. I asked my boys who it was and they were like 'TI'. I was like 'who the hell is that and what kind of name is that'. Just sounded like two random letters. It's like a new rapper coming out with the name V.E. Regardless how weird it sounded, that joint made me pay attention to dude.

November 18th - drake
It was midnight on my bday and I was in Houston for the first time in a kinda hood club. That joint dropped and it was damn near a spiritual moment. :smh: still remember dude walking by me throwing up the H on the 'just met a girl said she from the H town "

No lie - 2 chainz
I was at a gas station pumping gas. I had told myself earlier that I was gonna take a break from rap :smh: until I heard that cold *** beat coming from a blue scion.

Blessings - big Sean
I was moving to San Antonio and was having a hard time finding somewhere to live. I still had my military id so I stayed on the air force base for a few days. While driving to the room one frigid February night I heard one of the coldest beats ever. I'm not even into Sean like that but that beat is insane.

Colombia - young scooter
I was in a club in Atlanta a few years back. This beat came on and it was the most amazing thing I've ever heard in my life. Took me forever to find it again though.

That's what's up - yo gotti
New years 08 at a club back home in Alabama. This joint came on and the club went ballistic. Everyone was singing it. I felt so left out bc I had never heard of it.

Neva gone lose - future
Driving to work one morning and I realized I was late hearing the 56 nights tape. Joint was so poetic that my eyes got watery. I still remember the weather and the smell of the taco bell crunch wrap that I had just picked up. That whole tape left me mesmerized.

Free smoke - drake
I may just remember this one due to the fact that it's so recent, and it may have just been because of how anticipated the album was. I had a very chill job so I brought my headphones to work. That beat was so hard and I was so happy that dude was actually rapping and not on some singing tip.

Let it burn - usher
I was driving back to college and that joint came on blasting through my speakers and I was like :wow:I remember telling people at school that it was like a mix between ignition remix and u got it bad.

U got it bad-usher
I think it was the first day of college freshman year and the video came on. Joint was so beautiful. I was pissed at my roommate bc he kept singing over it because he already had the album.

Trial time - last mr bigg
This is a local cat from my hometown. The same dude on the the hook to 'ever since I can remember, I been popping my collar'. I was in the car with my mom on Springhill Ave and I hear 'I started selling dope back in 1986/I bought a Cadillac and put them thangs all around it', I was like :wow: I had never heard someone spitting with so much southern swagger. It wasn't even the whole song, just a commercial spot for a club appearance he was having. I actually met dude on 2 seperate occasions, both while I was at work. At Champs he asked me did we have any green 4x tall tees. The 2nd time was at a law firm and I had to conduct a mini interview session for his records. Dude died a few years later.

Cut her off - k camp
In a club in Houston drunk off my *** I instantly fell in love with this joint. I was even doing the scissors and everything.

Money baby - k camp
At a Texas southern vs Alabama state bball game. Joint played before the game and I was like :pimp: I gotta hear this joint again.

I'm sure there are several others but these stand out. I've got a good memory so there are hella songs that I remember buying the cd and listening at home and really liking it, I'm mainly trying to think of songs that I heard randomly.

Last edited:
the moment i hear ambitionz as a ridah - 2pac
my punk *** dead beat dad
picked me up
bumping it
and maaaaaaan it was a good day
he took me to a baseball game
and to the mall
and prolly seen his punk *** 2 to 3 times since
ol ***** *** *****

Hot boys- guerilla warfare album
Pops picked me up and we rode around banging that joint the whole day. I had to be in the 4th or 5th grade. We played ridin at least 20x no lie, even today I cut that on and he gonna spit juvie part and imma kill the rest.

The 1st song I heard after I lost my virginity was iconz-get crunked up :lol:

March Madness - Future: I was on my way to smash this bad lil crazy chick with great yams.....that I said I'd never hit again. Full cup of drink. Driving dirty smh.

When Super said....."I didnt wanna fkc the bish the molly made me fkc her even though she average"

That hit home....almost turned the whip around. But....yambs :smh: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom