I see Lebron in athleticism decline

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Well it's not about his first step it's his second step. I never thought of LeBron as the guy constantly beating ppl off dribble with speed unless he has a running start from halfcourt.

This is something a lot of NTers don't understand.  More power to you though. 

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by KenJi714

He's going to end up like Antonio Mcdyess when he's hit 30

indifferent.gif
roll.gif

What happened to that guy who had that LeBron/T-Mac/etc. had no first step thread? Dude still couldn't find an example of a SG that could fit his dream first step requirement. 
laugh.gif

What happened to that guy who had that LeBron/T-Mac/etc. had no first step thread? Dude still couldn't find an example of a SG that could fit his dream first step requirement. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Y;all act like Youtube is a virtual archive of NBA games.....Youtube basically just gonna get highlights, dunks, bloopers and fight. Its not gonna give you a bunch of videos of missed shots
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

Y;all act like Youtube is a virtual archive of NBA games.....Youtube basically just gonna get highlights, dunks, bloopers and fight. Its not gonna give you a bunch of videos of missed shots
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Stop, LeBron is not a good mid-range shooter, at most he's a decent one. His FG% has nothing to do with it because many of his shots are toward the basket. I believe he does have time to make his shot better but if he doesn't he is screwed when those knees go. I have noticed that he doesnt seem as athletically insane anymore, regardless, he's still a beast.

Read thread again. His mid-range jumpshot FG% has been posted, not his overall FG%.
his ability to get to the basket and his height makes it easier for him to get a lot of separation from players trying to affect his shot

EVERYONE knows that Kobe, Durant, Melo, and Allen prefer to shoot jumpers so it is easier to affect their shots

when Lebron starts to slow even more, defenders will start to worry about his drives less and less and defend his jumper better
his jumper IS NOT better than the other guys he is ahead of...his athleticism just makes everything easier for him

I think age+gaining weight is making Lebron slower. If you look at video from like 3 or 4 years ago dude was thinner. He needs to lay off the HGH

Stop, LeBron is not a good mid-range shooter, at most he's a decent one. His FG% has nothing to do with it because many of his shots are toward the basket. I believe he does have time to make his shot better but if he doesn't he is screwed when those knees go. I have noticed that he doesnt seem as athletically insane anymore, regardless, he's still a beast.

Read thread again. His mid-range jumpshot FG% has been posted, not his overall FG%.
his ability to get to the basket and his height makes it easier for him to get a lot of separation from players trying to affect his shot

EVERYONE knows that Kobe, Durant, Melo, and Allen prefer to shoot jumpers so it is easier to affect their shots

when Lebron starts to slow even more, defenders will start to worry about his drives less and less and defend his jumper better
his jumper IS NOT better than the other guys he is ahead of...his athleticism just makes everything easier for him

I think age+gaining weight is making Lebron slower. If you look at video from like 3 or 4 years ago dude was thinner. He needs to lay off the HGH

Originally Posted by knightngale

Came in here to say this.

LBJ has significantly improved his J and the "he can't shoot" weakness has long been erased. However, James/Wade/Rose shoot comparable (or in this case) better mid range percentages than Melo/Durant/Kobe because people play off them 3-4 feet. Almost all of Durant/Kobe's jumpers happen while being crowded and with a hand in their face. Now, this definitely says something about LeBron's overall game being superior to the rest of the league. Obviously, the ideal stat would be FG% of "open" jumpers and "contested" jumpers. I feel fairly confident that guys like Durant/Kobe/Melo have better mid range jumpers than LeBron. They just take way more contested (and sometimes bad) shots which drive that percentage down.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Came in here to say this.

LBJ has significantly improved his J and the "he can't shoot" weakness has long been erased. However, James/Wade/Rose shoot comparable (or in this case) better mid range percentages than Melo/Durant/Kobe because people play off them 3-4 feet. Almost all of Durant/Kobe's jumpers happen while being crowded and with a hand in their face. Now, this definitely says something about LeBron's overall game being superior to the rest of the league. Obviously, the ideal stat would be FG% of "open" jumpers and "contested" jumpers. I feel fairly confident that guys like Durant/Kobe/Melo have better mid range jumpers than LeBron. They just take way more contested (and sometimes bad) shots which drive that percentage down.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

shot selection is also a part of midrange game...
he takes tough shots b/c he simply cannot get easy shots with his current athleticism 

Na Kobe has a way better midrange. It's just that Kobe take ALOT of stupid shots like 2 on 1 or fading away shots when he doesnt need to
laugh.gif

he takes tough shots b/c he simply cannot get easy shots with his current athleticism 

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif

exactly
imagine when lebron has to start taking tough shots due to lack of athleticism
sick.gif

Wade is probably going be affected even worse cause he is shorter 

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif

exactly
imagine when lebron has to start taking tough shots due to lack of athleticism
sick.gif

Wade is probably going be affected even worse cause he is shorter 

Let's not forget about footwork as well, something that also contributes to getting off a good shot.

Lebron's footwork as of now is atrocious. His crab dribble isn't going to get him very far once his athleticism is gone.

Let's not forget about footwork as well, something that also contributes to getting off a good shot.

Lebron's footwork as of now is atrocious. His crab dribble isn't going to get him very far once his athleticism is gone.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I'm surprised it isn't more noticeable to most people. I don't think he did one dunk this year that was impressive. He definitely isn't getting up like this anymore

to me thats one of the best showcases of athleticism in recent memory>>>
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I'm surprised it isn't more noticeable to most people. I don't think he did one dunk this year that was impressive. He definitely isn't getting up like this anymore

to me thats one of the best showcases of athleticism in recent memory>>>
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom