I think I may have unexpectedly bought some 1996 Taxi XII PLAYER EXCLUSIVES off of GOAT!!!

So last Thursday, I was on the GOAT app looking for 1996 taxi XII's as a restoration project. So I found a pair slightly worn in a size 12.5 for $149 + tax & shipping. The pair arrived in the mail, and I'm hyped. I checked them out, and everything looks good. The Jumpman tabs are still intact, but there's some creasing around the toebox of both shoes. I look at the hand tag, and I was expecting to see the standard production date code, like "960507 LN2. NOPE—I see "330556 LN2":nerd: I decided to go online to find pictures of authenticated Jordan 12 PE's and see if I could find pictures of any 96 PE 12 handtags. I came across the old auction for the "flu" game 12 PE's MJ wore in the finals. In the pic thread, they have a picture of the handtag. With the code 330224 LN2 :wow:

I think I may have bought a pair of PE taxi 12's for under 200 bucks. Is there anyone who could provide some insight about who might have worn them? I know it's not MJ's game worn pair but I'd love to speculate about who wore 12.5 in the NBA and was granted the right to wear Jordans after his return. The only person I've seen wear taxi 12's was Cliff Rozier of the 1996–97 Raptors on January 25, 1997, against the Bulls in Chicago.

Flu game PE hand tag

michael-jordan-flu-game-12s-01.jpg

My taxi 12 handtag code
20230628_131747.jpg

Cliff Rozier in the Taxi's
gettyimages-909255766-612x612.jpg

another pic of the pair I received
20230628_065502.jpg

Last edited:
So last Thursday, I was on the GOAT app looking for 1996 taxi XII's as a restoration project. So I found a pair slightly worn in a size 12.5 for $149 + tax & shipping. The pair arrived in the mail, and I'm hyped. I checked them out, and everything looks good. The Jumpman tabs are still intact, but there's some creasing around the toebox of both shoes. I look at the hand tag, and I was expecting to see the standard production date code, like "960507 LN2. NOPE—I see "330556 LN2":nerd: I decided to go online to find pictures of authenticated Jordan 12 PE's and see if I could find pictures of any 96 PE 12 handtags. I came across the old auction for the "flu" game 12 PE's MJ wore in the finals. In the pic thread, they have a picture of the handtag. With the code 330224 LN2 :wow:

I think I may have bought a pair of PE taxi 12's for under 200 bucks. Is there anyone who could provide some insight about who might have worn them? I know it's not MJ's game worn pair but I'd love to speculate about who wore 12.5 in the NBA and was granted the right to wear Jordans after his return. The only person I've seen wear taxi 12's was Cliff Rozier of the 1996–97 Raptors on January 25, 1997, against the Bulls in Chicago.

Flu game PE hand tag

My taxi 12 handtag code
20230628_131747.jpg

20230628_065502.jpg

Pippen and Harper wore them too, check Getty images and go thru the games, MAYBE kukoc too but I doubt it.

Pretty sure at least Pip and Harp wear larger than 12. Definitely Pip lol
He posted a 12.5, MJ wore a 12.5 when he first entered the league. I figured Harp could be around that size because he's about the same height and build as MJ.

I didn't think of Randy Brown, did he wear them that year?

He posted a 12.5, MJ wore a 12.5 when he first entered the league. I figured Harp could be around that size because he's about the same height and build as MJ.

I didn't think of Randy Brown, did he wear them that year?
🤷‍♂️ It was a long time ago, I don’t recall offhand who all wore them at some point, other than some of the Bulls. Don’t remember if Brown did or not.
No idea if the production code even actually means these are a PE pair.

🤷‍♂️ It was a long time ago, I don’t recall offhand who all wore them at some point, other than some of the Bulls. Don’t remember if Brown did or not.
No idea if the production code even actually means these are a PE pair.

Fair point, but I've bought a lot of OG Nikes from that era. Each of the hand tags I've seen have the same three details: The Year(96)Months(0709) and the Factory(LN2). This pair was different and it was similar to a Jordan XII PE hand tag.

Flu game PE hand tag

My taxi 12 handtag code
20230628_131747.jpg

20230628_065502.jpg
It's kind of crazy how Goat authenticated them too. They would have to look up that tag number and it would probably come back with nothing.

I don't doubt that they're legit, I just wonder what Goat thought when they saw that different production code.

It's kind of crazy how Goat authenticated them too. They would have to look up that tag number and it would probably come back with nothing.

I don't doubt that they're legit, I just wonder what Goat thought when they saw that different production code.
I didnt even think about GOAT's authentication process where they checked the production code.

Fair point, but I've bought a lot of OG Nikes from that era. Each of the hand tags I've seen have the same three details: The Year(96)Months(0709) and the Factory(LN2). This pair was different and it was similar to a Jordan XII PE hand tag.

I'm not saying they are or aren't special. I have no idea one way or another.

That's a hell of a pick-up.

OG 12s are made of thick leather the soles will wear out before the uppers ever do, built to last.

Yeah, I have zero idea why I tossed my OG taxis at some point way back when. It was long before I ever considered having 100+ pairs of shoes and holding onto certain old pairs for posterity/history. But that was a stupid move on my part.

Back
Top Bottom